• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

In other news, SF's winrate jumped a whopping 1.5% winrate (which is pretty significant in a game like dota, especially from just a bug fix) after the requiem bug was fixed.

Some people on reddit also saying that Shadowblade will keep you phased and invis for the entire Requiem channel as well now (before, it plopped you out a half second before). Shadowblade SF is the fucking best and now it's way way better ^_^.

Max damage from SF ultimate is now 1440/2160/2880 if you are standing on top of someone.

Is that enough to justify shadowblade on him?

Demoli

I was expecting an update this week, not necessarily halloween themed though.

Remember, last year they were gonna release the spirits update around the halloween (they got internal delays) but they were't gonna make it a H'ween themed update either.

In other news, SF's winrate jumped a whopping 1.5% winrate (which is pretty significant in a game like dota, especially from just a bug fix) after the requiem bug was fixed.

Some people on reddit also saying that Shadowblade will keep you phased and invis for the entire Requiem channel as well now (before, it plopped you out a half second before). Shadowblade SF is the fucking best and now it's way way better ^_^.

Max damage from SF ultimate is now 1440/2160/2880 if you are standing on top of someone.
What was the bug? I'm unaware of it.

FACE

Banned
I hope everyone is watching this VP Vs 4ASC game

holy shit throw + counter throw + counter throw

That Slark
facepalm.gif

Armaros

The heart regen doesn't stack.

Also I'm sure the other team was probably bad and just let you farm while you were useless with no blink.

Blink + Aura items, maybe aghs if you can juggle the abilites IMO.

If I would get a Skadi or Heart, I would get it after everything else, especially after BKB, and one of the two, not both.

Kard8p3

Blink + Aura items, maybe aghs if you can juggle the abilites IMO.

If I would get a Skadi or Heart, I would get it after everything else, especially after BKB, and one of the two, not both.

P sure we've already talked about how aghs isn't the best item choice for Brew late game.

Also sf buff?? time to play him more.

Bad7667

I've been playing Brew a bit more often lately and never know when I should avoid aghs and what I should get instead. The extra slow and damage is pretty good if you can get it pretty early.

What should I get instead?

I've been playing Brew a bit more often lately and never know when I should avoid aghs and what I should get instead. The extra slow and damage is pretty good if you can get it pretty early.

What should I get instead?

People will tell you to aura stack, so stuff like vlads and assault curiass, so that you're adding to your team throughout the whole game (the auras are present on the earth panda during split). It's easier, efficient, and proven.

Personally I believe the aghs is undervalued on the hero due to the relatively high amount of micro required to properly use it to a full potential.

Demoli

People will tell you to aura stack, so stuff like vlads and assault curiass, so that you're adding to your team throughout the whole game (the auras are present on the earth panda during split). It's easier, efficient, and proven.

Just a small adition: If the Earth panda dies, the aura goes to storm and if storm dies it goes to Fire.

Satch

Banned
G.ZZZ and bounch are in a game right now playing against this medusa with

-boots of travel
-manta style
-eye of skadi
-divine rapier
-linken's sphere

-AND BLOODSTONE

zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif

edit: omfg she is impossible to kill, im gagging

Demoli

-boots of travel
-manta style
-eye of skadi
-divine rapier
-linken's sphere

-AND BLOODSTONE

zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif

They asked me to join aswel. The games I dodge

-boots of travel
-manta style
-eye of skadi
-divine rapier
-linken's sphere

-AND BLOODSTONE

zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif

damn. i mean if you can get enough bloodstone stacks...yea. tears will be shed.

Sanjay

One problem is hearts do not stack in terms of regen.

The heart regen doesn't stack.

Well your getting Heart for its 40 dmg and 1060 hp pool too.

P sure we've already talked about how aghs isn't the best item choice for Brew late game.

My item build is great mid/late game and is what I was aiming for.

Also I'm sure the other team was probably bad and just let you farm while you were useless with no blink.

You farm, hit buildings, win game and I like literally carried my team, if you only knew how bad the LC and Invoker player was. Treant being the best of the bunch.

Personally I believe the aghs is undervalued on the hero due to the relatively high amount of micro required to properly use it to a full potential.

You do not need high amounts of micro skills for Brew split. The people that say this just don't play him enough because if they did, they would know he's not that hard to do.

The difficult part is the decisions making in team fights with his skills.

Spectre.

sixghost

Well your getting Heart for its 40 dmg and 1060 hp pool too.

My item build is great mid/late game and is what I was aiming for.

You farm, hit buildings, win game and I like literally carried my team, if you only knew how bad the LC and Invoker player was. Treant being the best of the bunch.

You do not need high amounts of micro skills for Brew split. The people that say this just don't play him enough because if they did, they would know he's not that hard to do.

Spectre.

Microing aghs Brew takes quite a bit of skill if you want it to be worth the investment in my opinion. Honestly I could see aghs being worth it if you skip blink and try to get it before 12 or 13 minutes, but after the blink the window closes so quickly once the BKBs are out.

Well I said relative. It's not starcraft or anything, and there are plenty of people who still struggle with one hero, let alone 3 units.

I agree I don't believe he's too difficult at the end of the day, if you just right click and hit stuff with your rock you're going to come out ahead most of the time. If you can manage to pull off the tornado on a good target then you're golden. The decision making is the hard part.

But the thing is if you do just the rock and tornado off and you're fine with it and still win, you'd never know if the aghs was good or not, and most people don't seem to care or try to pull it off. I'm not a super mega pro so I'm not saying you should always do it, just that on paper the numbers are all ridiculous and I haven't seen it played anywhere near to a theoretical ceiling (3 or 4 claps in a row, spraying miss chance on everyone, stuns, disables, hard critting right clicks with a free radiance, and a purge and a windwalk, magic immunity, it's crazy).

still have 100% winrate on him I'm the best
4BA029FB88DA29D1B646D97818C2B613265B6985

Microing aghs Brew takes quite a bit of skill if you want it to be worth the investment in my opinion. Honestly I could see aghs being worth it if you skip blink and try to get it before 12 or 13 minutes, but after the blink the window closes so quickly once the BKBs are out.

Your ult is always longer at any level than a bkb at any stage. If you wreck face with your first few ults it'll delay their bkbs even further. If they do manage to get them out on cores early, destroy the supports, do what you can on the cores and if it's still not enough you weren't going to win that game anyway thanks team.

It really sucks losing a game because someone on your team went down and the other team couldn't be bothered to wait 5 minutes :\

I find I cope with that better than most other out-of-my-hands losses. Still upsetting, but not as exasperating as, say, a support axe diving T3s at 10 minutes.

Disruptor is pretty fun, from the one game I had as him just now

Never remembered to Glimpse-Wall-Static Cloud (I forget what they're called), but did get a few kills by hitting the Ult and thunder ability immediately after trapping an enemy or two

I guess the big revelation for Americans is that it was never the Peruvians, it was us all along

trash tier games all week :(

Just because Peruvians have their own server doesn't mean they will actually use it. There have been South American servers for ages, but they still played on US East and US West for reasons unknown.

Volodja

Just because Peruvians have their own server doesn't mean they will actually use it. There have been South American servers for ages, but they still played on US East and US West for reasons unknown.
As far as I know some countries actually got worse pings in the SA servers compared to the US ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom