• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kambing

I think a shit ton of people are purchasing and or using boosting service in 5-6k range... that or they calibrated smurfs there. Unbelievable some of the shit that happens.

Is there anyway to stop spectator notification from appearing? Makes me super nervous and anxious when playing lololol. I dont see in options?

New Riki is a crime committed by valve who wanted me to keep me at 100% winrate with him

four games

He's stupid. Best offlane solo in the game btw.

Steve help I won early and late game but somehow my team found a way to lose.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the shitlord Pugna an....you lost to a MoM Drow...good god man get it together...

So outside of kotl, what are good heroes for creating space/antipush? I pick earthshaker when I'm captain but I swear it's a different hero when some pubber plays it vs when I play it :\

Lina is decent one. Pugna as well. Really any Int Hero with an AoE is solid at clearing waves.

I think a shit ton of people are purchasing and or using boosting service in 5-6k range... that or they calibrated smurfs there. Unbelievable some of the shit that happens.

Is there anyway to stop spectator notification from appearing? Makes me super nervous and anxious when playing lololol. I dont see in options?

my theory with these competitive games is that eventually there's a point where everyone is good enough at the game that they stop giving a shit and do ridiculous things. Happens in every competitive game seems like.

Lina is decent one. Pugna as well. Really any Int Hero with an AoE is solid at clearing waves.

I'll try those. I'm always scared to pick pugna since pubbers at 3k have no idea what the hero is meant to do, unfortunately. Lina is interesting, though.

I'll try those. I'm always scared to pick pugna since pubbers at 3k have no idea what the hero is meant to do, unfortunately. Lina is interesting, though.

Other than those two you're kinda stuck with the Rat Brigade (Techies, Tinker, Furion). Techies is probably the single best anti-push hero, but he's such a dick and you'll have to deal with 9 people instantly hating you...

How's the competitive scene? Is it still exciting and lively compared to last year? I haven't watch and follow any pro scene after TI3. Last news I heard was teams doing 322.

Edit: I mean TI4

Ultimatum

Banned
How's the competitive scene? Is it still exciting and lively compared to last year? I haven't watch and follow any pro scene after TI3. Last news I heard was teams doing 322.

it's really good right now, but there are a few throws every now and again in the SEA scene. Competitive dota hasn't been this fun to watch since around this time last year I guess.

Competitive would be so much better if DP and Brew finally died off. Technically, Brew is a fairly exciting hero but he's so overplayed, holy crap.

If there's multiple major LANs every month then I think the competitive meta will shift more slowly than it should, and even nerfed heroes like DP will stick around for a while because teams don't have time to practice new stuff. Only super obviously broken heroes like Terrorblade and Ogre became immediately relevant.

Apparently people forget that Diretide, and the fixation with the giving of it, was mainly hat related.

If it came back now the pugna bracer market would collapse.

Just had my first Techies game. I giggled like a schoolgirl whenever the enemy Clinkz tried to get runes and died. Or when he went to their secret shop and just imploded. I bet he raged so much.

Best hero ever (probably).

I never knew it was possible to carry a game as solo queue Sand King and end up with Arcanes/Blink/BKB/Sheep/Aghs.

I want to do this again.

Razzer

my theory with these competitive games is that eventually there's a point where everyone is good enough at the game that they stop giving a shit and do ridiculous things. Happens in every competitive game seems like.

Windrunner is a flexible fun hero with an extremely safe wave clear cus the distance is so long.

Pratfall

I have such strong early games with Jugg and then if the game goes longer than 35-40 minutes, I just don't do anything. Is this just the hero or is there a way for him to stay relevant?

kvk1

I think Windrunner is still a fantastic hero. You're probably not going to hard carry with her, but she makes for a brilliant utility role. Stick her solo offlane, get her maelstrom online, and start gunning and sniping people down.

manfestival

Probably the most insane game I've ever played. How we won is beyond me.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/989686883

that is absolutely awesome. The feeling of elation afterwards must have been really nice.

Winning as doom(my most played hero and basically the one hero that I learned the game with thanks to jungling so much), has proven to be much more difficult. He was just more versatile as a hero in the past. I feel like im stuck buying blink scepter on him now as he only really seems useful for counter initiation/disabling the big target as soon as possible and spamming shivas/refresher. Am I wrong about current doom?

If you have the latest Nvidia drivers and a Fermi-based or Kepler-based GeForce GTX 500, 600, and 700 series card you can use the new Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) with Dotes 2.

shifrC0.jpg

Pratfall

Agree on rubick, such a fun hero but very weak right now.

Unrelated to anything else, I would like if Viper were removed from the game. The hero is boring and allows even the most brain dead person to snowball.

Just played my first Bane game, Void and Slark carried the team to a win after 2 of our players abandoned.

Using Nightmare is really difficult in pubs from what I can tell, kept using it so me and a teammate could surround an enemy, but the teammate would attack them before I caught up, making the Nightmare transfer to them, and losing the oppurtunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom