• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodja

I mean, I'm sure that's not the only reason for everyone that queues US out of SA, I queue US East even if my ping in EU servers is much lower because of stacks and all that but I've seen some pretty damn bad pings being reported that would make the game literally unplayable in those servers.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm actually surprised there isn't a Dota podcast of some sort. And I mean with people with actual knowledge and/or talent, not just some idiots from Reddit.

Can someone catch me up as to why they were expecting a big patch this week?

They already stated there would be nothing for Halloween.

That's not at all what they said. They said there'd be no Diretide event. They didn't say anything about no patch around that time. In fact they quite clearly said they were working on several updates for the rest of the year.

I'm not saying there's going to be a patch this week, I'm saying I don't think it's weird to hope for one at the end of the month which has been their pattern lately.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Nothing feels fucking worse than losing to a Pudge

You just feel like a worthless fucking player for losing to such a shitty ass hero

Stupid fucking game

The Technomancer

Plus

Like when the first pick is a Death Prophet

Who immediately asks for mid

Why would you take a safe-lane Zeus

Into a team with Pudge, Axe, and Luna?

Like three of the worst heroes to pick Zeus against?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LepCMeq.png

shira

You just feel like a worthless fucking player for losing to such a shitty ass hero

Stupid fucking game

Plus

Like when the first pick is a Death Prophet

Who immediately asks for mid

Why would you take a safe-lane Zeus

Into a team with Pudge, Axe, and Luna?

Like three of the worst heroes to pick Zeus against?

http://zippy.gfycat.com/RealisticUncommonArrowana.webm

The Technomancer

This is what I'm pissed off about: as soon as I lost mid it was all over but there was no way to speed it up. no way to win in the early game and no way to win late. a 40 minute waste of everyone's time. We had nothing to outcarry their Luna and once Pudge got the upper hand we were basically unable to push the T2s

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Stupid fucking game

I almost want to go through all of your posts in dota threads and figure out who you don't mind playing against. It's probably like 5 heroes.

The Technomancer

I almost want to go through all of your posts in dota threads and figure out who you don't mind playing against. It's probably like 5 heroes.

Nah, I don't mind playing against most heroes. I'd say the ones who frustrate me the most when I just feel like there's nothing I can do is basically

Sniper
Phantom Lancer
Sometimes Pudge

Other than that its just whatever the strategy of the week is. Like, when every goddamn game had a Centaur or a Slardar with a Blink Dagger? yeah that sucked. But I don't mind seeing them occasionally now

Mostly though this place is where I just vent after a particularly shitty loss

Hylian7

Stupid fucking game

in b4 hylian

You rang?

Please tell me the full song exists somewhere on the youtubes or something.

This is what I'm pissed off about: as soon as I lost mid it was all over but there was no way to speed it up. no way to win in the early game and no way to win late. a 40 minute waste of everyone's time. We had nothing to outcarry their Luna and once Pudge got the upper hand we were basically unable to push the T2s

Pudges usually hate it if you can see him before he hooks you. Chances are he will whiff it if you see it coming.

manfestival

G.ZZZ and bounch are in a game right now playing against this medusa with

-boots of travel
-manta style
-eye of skadi
-divine rapier
-linken's sphere

-AND BLOODSTONE

zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif

edit: omfg she is impossible to kill, im gagging
Yes she was... spectre was a pain to kill too but dusa was impossible. She fountain dove for days

Divine was mine, but you should've seen the retrieval mission for it
cool.gif

lol really you are gonna bring that up?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Man I really hate I'll Make a Man Out of You. Honestly it's like someone barfing in my ears when I hear it.

bounchfx

The rapier was coated in butter, I swear! XD

man you gotta let it go. It was a great moment, and we all make silly mistakes. But it was still amazing.

I think I should hold off on playing the frost golem dude until I'm in a tier with people who actually follow up when I connect with the damn ult

christ

inkls

dead.
LOL

Tangentially related: Fuck legion commander. Nothing is more frustrating to play against as a support.

You could say that about every ganking hero tbh. Slark, Storm spirit, Riki, Nyx, Pudge, Night Stalker, Doom, Spirit Breaker, Bloodseeker, Clinkz, Broodmother, Bounty Hunter, Ursa, etc.

Satch

Banned
god fuKCK THIS SHIT UFCKING GAME FUCKING UHBCFHUHBDUUFYGFYGUFUYGFUYGFUYFYUFUVYFUVFYUVFYFUVYFUVYFBU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Madouu

Don't think legion commander is much of an issue for supports. The two most obnoxious heroes to deal with for supports in my opinion are good slarks and lycans. A good slark will dodge most of your spells and can commit pretty hard on you regardless of your positioning without fear of dying, only to get out and go again on someone else once his cooldowns are up, and lycan can just kill you with medallion and summons without taking any risks.

Of course, there are a lot of ways of dealing with both thankfully but they're still at the top of my list of extremely annoying heroes to play against.

god fuKCK THIS SHIT UFCKING GAME FUCKING UHBCFHUHBDUUFYGFYGUFUYGFUYGFUYFYUFUVYFUVFYUVFYFUVYFUVYFBU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

> Relax, you're doing fine

Won an easy ass game after a 6 game losing streak, because the enemy team had a kunkka who didn't know how to land X combos (but kept trying them in the wrong order) and an anti-mage who repeatedly dived into team fights with no farm and no items.

Forced 50 is real

The Technomancer

Seriously though, I've lost like seven games in a row and they're seven of the stupidest losses I've ever had. Just those inevitable fucking slides where you lose the early game and know there's no way to outcarry them

You could say that about every ganking hero tbh. Slark, Storm spirit, Riki, Nyx, Pudge, Night Stalker, Doom, Spirit Breaker, Bloodseeker, Clinkz, Broodmother, Bounty Hunter, Ursa, etc.

Nope. Not as annoying. Pudge and dagon nyx are up there, but the real issue with LC is that half the time it's basically just Ping. nothing I can do if their ping is better than mine, regardless of hero.

Don't think legion commander is much of an issue for supports. The two most obnoxious heroes to deal with for supports in my opinion are good slarks and lycans. A good slark will dodge most of your spells and can commit pretty hard on you regardless of your positioning without fear of dying, only to get out and go again on someone else once his cooldowns are up, and lycan can just kill you with medallion and summons without taking any risks.

Of course, there are a lot of ways of dealing with both thankfully but they're still at the top of my list of extremely annoying heroes to play against.

I think the difference is that even if it's really hard, and sometimes impossible, playing against slark and lycan feels like there's something you can do. LC is literally blink -> go get a glass of water.

Haunted

i4vRVRMNFxY5d.gif

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN

Madouu

I think the difference is that even if it's really hard, and sometimes impossible, playing against slark and lycan feels like there's something you can do. LC is literally blink -> go get a glass of water.

With good positioning, you can avoid being jumped on by LC. Also, the common bait tactics actually work on her, if she jumps on somebody with his team behind, there's a decent chance of a turn.

Slark and Lycan on the other hand require extremely good positioning from supports, on another level of that required to stay safe from common blink initiators. Not only that, the former has a free get out of jail card if things don't go exactly as he planned.

The Technomancer

Honestly I just need to be fucking picking carry more. Its the the role that I'm more likely to be better at than my teammates and all of my attempts to support or mid lately have been disastrous because of how badly we get out-played and out-farmed

So outside of kotl, what are good heroes for creating space/antipush? I pick earthshaker when I'm captain but I swear it's a different hero when some pubber plays it vs when I play it :\

Mohasus

after watching bulldog's zeus today, i decided to try luna solo offlane going aghs/tank.

success.

my team insulted me the whole game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom