• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

I don't think I've ever played with a good support Naga. I don't think I ever will.

Anytime someone types "support naga" and rush picks her I feel like abandoning because they are all damn idiots. I thought I was stupid and bad but I'm Arteezy compared to these fuckrats. Abilities like Song should be locked behind a hero winrate wall.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hvost lycan 2 cs vs. a QoP's 25 mid. Dies to a solo skywrath because he pushes a tower alone, uses ulti, then comes back without ulti at 60% HP. Navi continuing the tinker/alliance fail train when copying EG drafts
chansub-global-emoticon-c8a77ec0c49976d3-22x30.png
. Let's see if they can come back from this awful early game.

G.ZZZ

Nah, I don't mind playing against most heroes. I'd say the ones who frustrate me the most when I just feel like there's nothing I can do is basically

Sniper
Phantom Lancer
Sometimes Pudge

Other than that its just whatever the strategy of the week is. Like, when every goddamn game had a Centaur or a Slardar with a Blink Dagger? yeah that sucked. But I don't mind seeing them occasionally now

Mostly though this place is where I just vent after a particularly shitty loss

FUCK ANTIMAGE

FUCK HIM FUCK HIM FUCK HIM

YOU CAN'T FUCKING KILL HIM UNLESS YOU HAVE THREE HARD STUNS DEDICATED TO DOING NOTHING BUT KILLING HIM OVER AND OVER

LIES. LIES UNTIL THE VERY END.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
LIES. LIES UNTIL THE VERY END.

Oh, right, Anti-Mage. I almost never see him though

I need to get better at game-wide strategy or something. The problem with the heroes that I find really rage-inducing is that just by their existence they force more focus then usual freeing up the enemy team to have an easier time to do whatever they wish. That's what I hate about playing against an unexpected Anti-Mage: either you kill him enough to keep his farm down or you keep the rest of the map from spiraling out of control. Managing both seems very difficult where I'm at right now. There's that horrible feeling when you know the Anti-Mage is getting free-farm in his lane but you can't leave your lane to kill him or else whoever's there is going to take a tower or farm themselves or something and you just feel so fucking powerless. Too many moles to whack down

In last nights game the enemy team had four carries, but they were good enough at teamfighting and we didn't have split-push potential that we couldn't go for an early win and there was no point to ganking one of them since focusing on one of them enough to keep him underfarmed just meant the other three got freefarm

Acinixys

If you have the latest Nvidia drivers and a Fermi-based or Kepler-based GeForce GTX 500, 600, and 700 series card you can use the new Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) with Dotes 2.

You now realize that the ancients look like STRAWBERRIES

HUPunqj.png

I don't think I've ever played with a good support Naga. I don't think I ever will.

Anytime someone types "support naga" and rush picks her I feel like abandoning because they are all damn idiots. I thought I was stupid and bad but I'm Arteezy compared to these fuckrats. Abilities like Song should be locked behind a hero winrate wall.

Support Naga is legit if they communicate over voice and arent retarded. Net and Riptide are very strong support abilities

At the same time i see where you are coming from

"Support" Naga players who max illusions over their other 2 abilities are scrub lords

inkls

Oh, right, Anti-Mage. I almost never see him though

I need to get better at game-wide strategy or something. The problem with the heroes that I find really rage-inducing is that just by their existence they force more focus then usual freeing up the enemy team to have an easier time to do whatever they wish. That's what I hate about playing against an unexpected Anti-Mage: either you kill him enough to keep his farm down or you keep the rest of the map from spiraling out of control. Managing both seems very difficult where I'm at right now

In last nights game the enemy team had four carries, but they were good enough at teamfighting and we didn't have split-push potential that we couldn't go for an early win and there was no point to ganking one of them since focusing on one of them enough to keep him underfarmed just meant the other three got freefarm

Hmm, I think I know what you need. You want to have something that deals with all those heroes regardless of their farm, and you want them to stop pissing you off.

I was at that stage once, but I found something that I could do every game and make the rage go away
DOOM

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Also for anyone that thinks QoP is shit, tune into this Navi vs Empire game 5. Resolution absolutely destroyed lycan mid, 30 cs to 2 mid. He's also farmed up a storm and remained relevant to the late game where he's just blasting heroes away.

The Technomancer

Hmm, I think I know what you need. You want to have something that deals with all those heroes regardless of their farm, and you want them to stop pissing you off.

I was at that stage once, but I found something that I could do every game and make the rage go away
DOOM

I'm in this awful nebulous zone where things are just at the skill level where team synergy becomes important but not quite at the level where everyone realizes that its important, leading to a hell of a lot of games where I'm on a team that drafts a typical "two support, mid, carry, misc" lineup that would be perfectly serviceable in my first 500 games and the enemy team, deliberately or just through a similar process, get something focused enough to wreck us. If you have a "generic lineup" you're frequently screwed against push, against 4p1, against really anything that has thought behind it or else just falls into a more synergistic pattern.

inkls

i knew the answer before i even highlighted

liar

I'm in this awful nebulous zone where things are just at the skill level where team synergy becomes important but not quite at the level where everyone realizes that its important, leading to a hell of a lot of games where I'm on a team that drafts a typical "two support, mid, carry, misc" lineup that would be perfectly serviceable in my first 500 games and the enemy team, deliberately or just through a similar process, get something focused enough to wreck us. If you have a "generic lineup" you're frequently screwed against push, against 4p1, against really anything that has thought behind it or else just falls into a more synergistic pattern.

Eh, thats all I had. You don't pick Doom because of synergy though, you pick him because you want to take someone out of a teamfight.

Razzer

What you have to remember is that just because someone like AM is strong, that doesn't mean your team is weak. There are lots and lots of common combos that could kill him even like 40 mins in with just 2 or 3 people. I just got done watching a game where an AM got a 20 min battlefury manta and was doing great, but the Slark on the other team was also farmed, so they weren't in trouble. Just make sure to be getting objectives when you get pickoffs. And if your teammates won't listen to you and go jajajajajajaja when you tell them to push, then you lost cus ur team is shit not cus of heroes like AM.

The Technomancer

What you have to remember is that just because someone like AM is strong, that doesn't mean your team is weak. There are lots and lots of common combos that could kill him even like 40 mins in with just 2 or 3 people. I just got done watching a game where an AM got a 20 min battlefury manta and was doing great, but the Slark on the other team was also farmed, so they weren't in trouble. Just make sure to be getting objectives when you get pickoffs. And if your teammates won't listen to you and go jajajajajajaja when you tell them to push, then you lost cus ur team is shit not cus of heroes like AM.

Not that I don't agree, or even include myself in that shittiness a fair amount of the time, but if I had to distill my frustration down to one point it might be this: there are a handful of heroes who I feel, if not intrinsically then at least at a fairly low skill requirement, allow the team their on to get away with otherwise generally poor play compared to the opposing side. They punish mistakes more harshly than many other heroes in the game, leading to a situation where both sides are making misplays but one side is still consistently ahead.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Apparently people forget that Diretide, and the fixation with the giving of it, was mainly hat related.

If it came back now the pugna bracer market would collapse.

Fucking right. The hats obtained last year during Diretide were literally legendary. I got something like 3 couriers out of all the recipe combining. The only reason why I don't want Diretide back is because the drop system in its current state is broke as hell.

kvk1

I can't wait for my GTX 970 to arrive. Longest Amazon backorder ever.

Ditto 980.

I don't remember seeing a hardware shortage of this magnitude for something in a long time.

One place I asked said the global supply wouldn't be "up to healthy levels" until December.

sad.gif

Pratfall

Ditto 980.

I don't remember seeing a hardware shortage of this magnitude for something in a long time.

One place I asked said the global supply wouldn't be "up to healthy levels" until December.

sad.gif

Actually helping me. I want to hold off for the next gen and the short supply has kept me from an impulse purchase I will regret.

Sanjay

Also for anyone that thinks QoP is shit, tune into this Navi vs Empire game 5. Resolution absolutely destroyed lycan mid, 30 cs to 2 mid. He's also farmed up a storm and remained relevant to the late game where he's just blasting heroes away.

I think I know the problem.

Also what your saying is you have to crush so hard to win with QoP.

Now I see why she does not get picked much, to much risk, better to just pick easier less risky heroes like Lycan/DP/Brew/Tide/Doom

If you have the latest Nvidia drivers and a Fermi-based or Kepler-based GeForce GTX 500, 600, and 700 series card you can use the new Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) with Dotes 2.

The performance hit is not worth the visual outcome. At a certain point you can't tell much difference. Dota 2 is a clean looking game.

Mordeccai

slahser's radiance mjöllnir blademail WK's build:
http://youtu.be/4m7XjIOoXrQ

Man WK is my favorite hero to play in the game. He's such an ez win. I usually go blademail into blink into mjol, I'm assuming this build goes blademail -> radiance -> mjol?

ok I have to put in a disclaimer, my worst matches in dota ever have been as a WK versus AM / silencer / any one with a diffusal blade, seriously much rage, just ignore those cases and he's ez wins

kvk1

Actually helping me. I want to hold off for the next gen and the short supply has kept me from an impulse purchase I will regret.

Yeah, that waiting game can be fickle though. I think it's best to pull the trigger when something really legit like these new 9 series comes along.

I mean, I'm still rocking a 580, so this is going to be one hell of an upgrade.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Guys I just won as Crystal Maiden at 30 minutes with an S&Y and Desolator. Help me improve my carry CM play.

Pratfall

Yeah, that waiting game can be fickle though. I think it's best to pull the trigger when something really legit like these new 9 series comes along.

I mean, I'm still rocking a 580, so this is going to be one hell of an upgrade.

Same actually. But I mostly play dota so a 580 is about what I need for the moment. I am waiting for a great 2560x1440 gsync monitor to come out before upgrading my card.

IceMarker

I can't really see much of a difference... I have the Nvidia Control Panel set to do 2x and 4x native res with 33% smoothness, but I guess DOTA doesn't need much more anti-aliasing.

EDIT: I'm dumb.

Mohasus

What happened? I look away for a second after triple buyback from c9 and empire is pretty much all dead.

Lycan caught alone bot, scythed.
Then they pushed mid while DK and Io went top, C9 tped back and killed both (DK scythed too).

I remember people trash talking necro here a few weeks ago, but his ult just won this game for C9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom