• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Bloodseeker is insane.

That AOE Silence/nuke is off the hook, now he can add something to team fights other than clean up.

Pain to have to keep casting Q on yourself though. It would be nice if they could make it self auto-cast.

New Bloodseeker is insane.

That AOE Silence/nuke is off the hook, now he can add something to team fights other than clean up.

Pain to have to keep casting Q on yourself though. It would be nice if they could make it self auto-cast.

Auto-casting 40% dmg amp on yourself would be problematic.

emoticon-28087-src-839c7612f8489616-28x28.png

ink4n3

You can increase your desktop resolution if you play borderless or else run the game in fullscreen.

UtemdcV.png

Awesome, thanks. Works fine while in game, but text in a web browser is tough to read. I guess I can just flip resolutions back and forth while in game and not in game.

Chris R

Yeah but i needed the consistency to one-shot the mega creep wave. 2xcrit + divine is more dps in theory but you won't one-shot creep-waves if they're mega, which is crucial in lategame defense. Mask was also a substitute for Bfury because i needed the lifesteal sustain and the DPS with 2 divine, 1 daedalus and 1 mask killed everyone in the 1.4 secs stun of xtms into torrent.

Ah ok, didn't even think of the megas.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did/Does Shiver work for JD, I remember she was the one who casted a ton of the star ladder games when JD was in charge.

TheCrow

Did/Does Shiver work for JD, I remember she was the one who casted a ton of the star ladder games when JD was in charge.
Last I heard she's trying to get a place near the gd studio. Pretty sure she just takes whichever tournaments are offered to her.

She was casting Starladder matches because unlike other events, Starladder let anyone stream on Twitch without penalty. She wasn't casting officially. I do think they had her fill in a few times on the jD Blue stream though.

kiyomi

played with a tiny that never put a point into his ult the entire game

at lvl 6 he put a second point into toss

he didn't use it once

help

Lone druid.. I do not understand.

At what point is he the strongest?

Seems like by the time i come out of the jungle with gear on bear and me that he's just useless.

Also.. FUCK people who go to least played and pick shit like Drow.

That's why you don't go jungle with LD.

Yeah it seems like a waste.. tried offlaning in my last match and that was a disaster as well.

What I'm trying to figure out if there is some bare minimum (heh) amount of gear I can farm up fast in the jungle to then go do damage or.. what.

Phrynobatrachus

Neo Member
Lone druid.. I do not understand.

At what point is he the strongest?

Seems like by the time i come out of the jungle with gear on bear and me that he's just useless.

Also.. FUCK people who go to least played and pick shit like Drow.

Jungle LD is trash, stick him in a solo lane and bully the hell out of your opponent. The bear is plenty strong with just phase +1 (radi or maelstrom).

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What caused Lone Druid to become so garbage these days? Even jungle seemed to be OK before even if not ideal. One game months ago I jungled him and got a 13 minute Radiance. Absolutely destroyed.

so during a game as shywraith, what am I actually supposed to be doing?

if I'm in a fight I silence like a champ, slow when they get too close or try to flee, try and time the ult during stuns, and send my carrier pigeons at the poor unfortunate souls with low health.

but in the beginning, I'm not supposed to take last hits, right? I don't farm... ever? Just mop up coins with the kills I can get and normal tower gold? I ward, too, when I can, but I don't know what I should actually be doing most of the time so I just float near allies and soak up EXP. Should I keep a ton of TPs and travel anywhere there's a small conflict?

I've had some disaster games with him and even though I've gotten kills and done courier/warding/etc. I still feel like I'm not actually helping much...

kvk1

i have started flaming bots

i just asked an AI tiny why he had arcanes and a magic wand 41 minutes into a game

predictably, he did not respond

this is my life now

inkls

i have started flaming bots

i just asked an AI tiny why he had arcanes and a magic wand 41 minutes into a game

predictably, he did not respond

this is my life now

That reminds me of the story from one of the lol community manager when he tried dota and started taunting the other team because he was finally winning a game, only to have his team burst out laughing and explain to him he was playing vs bots.

edit: also oracle next hero, get hype.

Razzer

so during a game as shywraith, what am I actually supposed to be doing?

if I'm in a fight I silence like a champ, slow when they get too close or try to flee, try and time the ult during stuns, and send my carrier pigeons at the poor unfortunate souls with low health.

but in the beginning, I'm not supposed to take last hits, right? I don't farm... ever? Just mop up coins with the kills I can get and normal tower gold? I ward, too, when I can, but I don't know what I should actually be doing most of the time so I just float near allies and soak up EXP. Should I keep a ton of TPs and travel anywhere there's a small conflict?

I've had some disaster games with him and even though I've gotten kills and done courier/warding/etc. I still feel like I'm not actually helping much...

Well, it kinda depends on what lane you get. I'm gonna assume you're supporting. So, firstly, ask yourself are you against a solo, a duo or an aggro tri, and are you part of a duo or tri lane?

Against a solo: Sky is one of the best supports in the game for zoning offlaners, due to his nuke. Very easy to spam and win trades of damage, even on your own. So do that. If your lane had a good block you should be able to keep a lot of offlaners out of exp range. Remember, as a non-greedy support your first priority is getting your carry to a point where he can farm on his own safely vs the offlaner, and getting him a level advantage is the best way to do this. Once you've gotten that, you can start thinking about your own farm. If you are part of a trilane your partner can pull whilst you trade, and if it's just a duo then you can pull later once your carry is secure. Always secure runes.

Against a duo: Your ability to trade is obviously much worse against two heroes. Additionally, you have to be worried about getting killed as you are quite squishy. You can still harass enough to keep them away from the creep wave a bit, but the general idea is just to apply enough pressure that the carry can get last hits. In this situation you often just have to suck up to the fact that you are sacrificing yourself to get others what they need, but don't despair! If they sent two heroes to the offlane it means they have less presence in the other lanes. If you are part of a tri then you and your support partner should both be harassing, bully them 2v2 the same way you would 1v1 the offlaner, but you have to be careful as there are more variables to keep in mind for how easily either side can kill. You can maybe pull if things are going well. On your own securing runes is gonna be very hard so don't force it, but as part of a tri one of you can probably go secure it.

Against an aggro tri: If you are a duo lane, fuck it, go somewhere else and let the carry sap exp. Sky is way too squishy to try to pressure against 3, and you'll be just sapping the carries exp if you stay, which puts him behind. Hope to god the other lanes dominate from all the space created. If you're part of a trilane, then it's similar to the previous paragraph except you need to be way more tentative with positioning. Just secure the carries farm first, that should always be first priority as a support, I can't mention that enough.

Other things to remember: Once the lane seems fairly secure, you can go about looking to get yourself some gold and exp. One way is pulling (also get in the habit of stacking a bit whilst in the jungle pulling if any of your heroes can clear stacks), but Sky can also gank. He's not an amazing ganker, but with another support that has a stun you should be able to kill mid. If your mid needs it to win his lane, then go do it, use a smoke. In the situation you have a jungler so you're on your own but pulling isn't an option for some reason, you could also just go harass the enemy mid. You'll get called a tryhard etc, but sometimes your mid will need the pressure.

Always be mindful of the need to secure runes, and whether you are able to at a given moment. There's probably more stuff I'm forgetting, and the best supports here like Milk could probably give you better advice, but I think that's a fairly good start to Skywrath and lane supporting in general.

Razzer thank you so much, I'll make as many mental notes as I'm able to remember

at my tier there's no concept of "roles" or jungling so it's usually more of a free-for-all, but if I'm going to lose a match I'd at least like to not have depressing stats or feel like I contributed to the loss

thanks again, you're much more helpful than satch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom