• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm riding high on a 10-game winning streak, all with Undying. If I can convince my lane partner to come to the rune with me at the horn, we almost always get an early kill with Tombstone.

Razzer

Kirby your website is done in php?

Also give me pro tips on timber and why are timber sets so expensive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpVuGINcAB8
crazy.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kirby your website is done in php?

Also give me pro tips on timber and why are timber sets so expensive?
Yep, every thing is php, maybe to much. I should move some of the back end stuff to stored procedures.

Timber sets are so much because valve employees are jerks and made them all rare chest items.

Qvoth

so i got 5 of the the tokens, any idea which treasure box i should use them on? i know the newest one is the rotted treasure with the ass DP and cool mushroom treant

but in general average worth of the items in the market, which treasure is the best? i don't even play dota so i'll most probably be selling the items if anything rare drops

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I say just hold the tokens for now. Also I awate valve to say that keys don't expire anymore, but will just be replaced with tokens.

RS4-

Wow, I lost a whole set of rax and probably the game because of the servers dying.

edit - nm, lost the fucking game. Amazing.

shira

so i got 5 of the the tokens, any idea which treasure box i should use them on? i know the newest one is the rotted treasure with the ass DP and cool mushroom treant

but in general average worth of the items in the market, which treasure is the best? i don't even play dota so i'll most probably be selling the items if anything rare drops

short asnwer: Just redeem for the Treasue of the Rotted Gallows and sell them for $2.30. You get a guaranteed $2 very quickly.

Long answer: everyone is buying and redeeming more chests every mnute which means everything is becoming undervalued at the moment. opening the chests will probably leave you with items that are impossible to sell or will have to go below market price. If you have grand dreams of unboxing an unusual with only 5 tries well you could be RNGesus returned to Earth, but if not you could be stuck with 50 cent junk items nobody wants.

I say just hold the tokens for now. Also I awate valve to say that keys don't expire anymore, but will just be replaced with tokens.

The tokens aren't sellable or tradeable.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/434707231

14.4k tower damage on Tiny is my best

Tiny seems to be the hero to do it with. Just about all the verified dotabuff accounts seem to have done their best tower damage with Tiny.

there is none
looks like there is.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Solo

"On June 16th, Solo received a lifetime ban from Starladder for betting fraud against zRage.[1] On the 21st, Solo was officially removed from RoX after admitting his involvement.[2]. Later, the ban was commuted to one year.[3]

The amount that Solo won from betting against his own team was $322. Since then, Dota commentators and viewers frequently use the phrase "322" to mock particularly bad plays, implying that it almost appears that the player in question is attempting to throw the game."

I never knew that.

Razzer

Tiny seems to be the hero to do it with. Just about all the verified dotabuff accounts seem to have done their best tower damage with Tiny.

looks like there is.

"On June 16th, Solo received a lifetime ban from Starladder for betting fraud against zRage.[1] On the 21st, Solo was officially removed from RoX after admitting his involvement.[2]. Later, the ban was commuted to one year.[3]

The amount that Solo won from betting against his own team was $322. Since then, Dota commentators and viewers frequently use the phrase "322" to mock particularly bad plays, implying that it almost appears that the player in question is attempting to throw the game."

I never knew that.

How have you not heard of 322, it's been spammed all the damn time in this thread over the last few weeks when pro stuff is going on.

TUSR

Banned
looks like there is.

I never knew that.

oh, i thought you were being snarky.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm somewhat glad Star Ladder decided to lower the length of his ban, since he is really one of the best players of the region. I don't think he ever actually admitted to doing the betting, and stuck with his story that his girlfriend placed the bet.

Dragon Knight is fun. First impressions from one match:

Less survivable than I thought he'd be, but he can flip a teamfight on its head with the stun and fire breath thingy. Plus, dat ult, makes towerpushing very effective. Made a mess of my items at the end, accidentally bought a second set of Power Treads instead of an Armlet, and didn't realise til after the period where you can all the gold back for selling

I'm somewhat glad Star Ladder decided to lower the length of his ban, since he is really one of the best players of the region. I don't think he ever actually admitted to doing the betting, and stuck with his story that his girlfriend placed the bet.

dota players shouldnt be on betting sites period

not betting on themselves or others

betting against themselves goes without saying

shira

you should tell pete rose that

But this was done publically as part of promotion. At starladder LD & co were already doing % points for the win and that godawful commercial. Merlini even did a youtube daily bets show. Reel money gambling is the next step for legitimizing the sport.

Why can't they do it in front of everyone instead of through a girlfriend or with some mafia boss. Or like dotabuff probets with verified checkmarks on the headers.

But this was done publically as part of promotion. At starladder LD & co were already doing % points for the win and that godawful commercial. Merlini even did a youtube daily bets show. Reel money gambling is the next step for legitimizing the sport.

Why can't they do it in front of everyone instead of through a girlfriend or with some mafia boss. Or like dotabuff probets with verified checkmarks on the headers.

Real money betting is fine. There is nothing wrong with any of your examples (except the first sentence I don't know what that's a reference to).

It shouldn't be anywhere near the players, and I hope that doesn't need to be explained why.

shira

Real money betting is fine. There is nothing wrong with any of your examples (except the first sentence I don't know what that's a reference to).

It shouldn't be anywhere near the players, and I hope that doesn't need to be explained why.

It's already being done. Just behind closed doors.

I feel like I'm starting to add a few more strings to my bow game-on-game now, though I still have the odd match where it just all goes wrong, I play like shit and feed like a bitch

Started denying creeps on occasion (nowhere near as often as I should though) and am getting a better grip on when to push/fall back/gank without communication. Plus I'm getting a better idea of what the other heroes are capable of on both teams, which is helping a lot especially in the early game before everyone has bought powerful items. After that happens I lose track of which hero is built for what,and therefore my role in fights becomes a bit random, where I never really know whether I'll win a duel before entering it unless I'm fed against an underlevelled hero.

Are there just the 3 skill brackets in Unranked matches, Low, Normal and High? Or is that just a Dotabuff thing?

Madouu

Normal, High and Very High. Unranked has MMR just like ranked, but the value is hidden.

It used to be visible in the game client. You could go through replay lists and see what "tier" your games were in. As far as I know it was "normal" up to around the 80th percentile, when it became "high", and the top 5% was "very high". I think there's some residual data in the match info that Dotabuff uses to determine that. But it's not available on every game anyway.

On dotamax you can see it for every game but I don't know why.

GorillaJu

Are there just the 3 skill brackets in Unranked matches, Low, Normal and High? Or is that just a Dotabuff thing?

It used to be visible in the game client. You could go through replay lists and see what "tier" your games were in. As far as I know it was "normal" up to around the 80th percentile, when it became "high", and the top 5% was "very high". I think there's some residual data in the match info that Dotabuff uses to determine that. But it's not available on every game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom