• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

u1a7J9i.jpg

jajaja

vb6nkTm.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/highgroundtv

LGD vs LV
5th pick sniper in the grand finals final game
Winner gets 32k, loser 11k

So am I the only one getting the feeling that Valve has no idea what the fuck they're even trying to do with Dota cosmetics as a whole?

This is like the third (fourth?) attempted system overhaul and I don't see what this is supposed to change.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Counter pickers are a plague on this game

Valve should give make you play as a creep if you don't pick by 0:00

Madouu

^ Force random at 0:00. I see no reason not to abuse counter picking honestly if winning is your objective, the game basically encourages you to do it.

Cheers guys

Does the Abandoner's tier have it's own skill tiers within it, or is it like a free-for-all?

My guess would be the latter because of the reduced player pool but I don't know for sure.

GorillaJu

If you're so concerned about counter picking, that would imply that you care about having better games, no? Why not play ranked AP then? I am pretty sure you can't wait till 0:00 to counter pick in that since you're forced to take turns.

Team composition in ranked AP is way, way better than in unranked. There are some obvious reasons, like the fact that people care more about winning so they won't go into games with a 1-protect-4 strat, but also just because you take turns picking, so you are forced to look at your team comp and make a conscious decision about what you want to play.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If you're so concerned about counter picking, that would imply that you care about having better games, no? Why not play ranked AP then? I am pretty sure you can't wait till 0:00 to counter pick in that since you're forced to take turns.

Team composition in ranked AP is way, way better than in unranked. There are some obvious reasons, like the fact that people care more about winning so they won't go into games with a 1-protect-4 strat, but also just because you take turns picking, so you are forced to look at your team comp and make a conscious decision about what you want to play.

I play unranked because occasionally I play with friends who are newer and don't want to or can't do ranked.

is this kinda stuff common:

because it happens to me in 9 out of 10 games when I'm not playing with higher-tier people, and sadly that isn't an exaggeration.

I don't know whether it's smurfs who ditch at the first sign they might lose a game or whether it's frustrated new players or what, but it's super annoying and renders irrelevant any sort of long-term stat tracking.

BigAT

is this kinda stuff common:

because it happens to me in 9 out of 10 games when I'm not playing with higher-tier people, and sadly that isn't an exaggeration.

I don't know whether it's smurfs who ditch at the first sign they might lose a game or whether it's frustrated new players or what, but it's super annoying and renders irrelevant any sort of long-term stat tracking.

Please post your Dotabuff with the not exaggerated 90% rate of games with abandons.

Quesa

I fixed AP by randoming when there's five secs left in the timer

screw my team comp and if I lose I can just say well I randomed puck so who cares

Nymerio

What's up with people not even pausing for their own teammates? My friend had to go afk for 1 min and the guy from our own team went something like "this is dota, try not to go afk" and resumed.

What's up with people not even pausing for their own teammates? My friend had to go afk for 1 min and the guy from our own team went something like "this is dota, try not to go afk" and resumed.

I only do so if they do it to counterpick. Also had somebody rage on me for it.

Nymerio

people are monsters?

Seems about right.

I only do so if they do it to counterpick. Also had somebody rage on me for it.

Wasn't even that, we were already 5 minutes into the game. I mean I understand idiots on the other team unpausing to get an advantage, but why would anyone want to fuck over their own team? The best thing was that the guy who kept unpausing was the same guy that later complained when the team didn't stick together. We won anyone though, so whatever.

People really are monsters I guess.

GorillaJu

How are there mid-or-feed players in upper 4k ranked games. Guy had last pick and could have even taken carry position. It was open. SMH. Fuck SEA server players

Arkanius

I'm rising through 3K as a support Witch Doctor
I'm baffled by the number of players that buy BKBs to stop my ult from hitting them.

dmshaposv

I'm rising through 3K as a support Witch Doctor
I'm baffled by the number of players that buy BKBs to stop my ult from hitting them.

They are the same ppl who believe int hero = support

Also, the same people who first pick PA, Lifestealer, sven and slark. Physical dmg = right click hero = carry. Magical dmg = int hero = support.

I really wish teams were not allowed to run tournaments, this BO5 winners advantage has come out of no where and wasn't in the rules or anything.

Really surprised Team Tinker didn't question it.

Acinixys

I really wish teams were not allowed to run tournaments, this BO5 winners advantage has come out of no where and wasn't in the rules or anything.

Winners bracket advantage is the stupidest shit ive ever heard of

Its like giving a team in the FIFA World Cup a one goal advantage if they are top of their group

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Navi manager wins award from a tournament that is help put together by Navi. Lol.

Edit: WHAT THE FUCK HE GETS MONEY FOR THAT?

Hey, VP also sponsors it, I'm sure there was a vote.

Are we sure VP and Na'vi aren't both owned by ZeroGravity and they just look like different organizations?

Probably because it's a fucking awful arcana

It makes Spoon walk on the ground, its amazing. The only bad part is the pig outfits for the other two, and you fix that by just not using them. The cart is nice and the mine replacements are too.

bbd23

2 hours ago LIVE Enjoy finals, match is closed (items returned) due to lack of info about format... - Dota2Lounge

didn't expect that from Dota2lounge :p

Armaros

Whats up with all the PA love recently? When i started playing her, she was ranked no.19 on dotabuff.

She got a lot of buffs, 50% blur is insanity, and her counters got hard nerfed. Doom, duel and chrono not removing evasion.

So you have to nuke her with magic or buy expensive items to counter her now, and not just pick doom and void.

Carlius

Banned

i agree. advantage just cause you come off winners bracket is absolutely lame. a lot of people in here whined about it too if i remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom