• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, you took control of the creep completely, as in, you could move around with it and use its spells. The hero was a crazy ganker and put immense pressure on the lanes from level 1, especially if he did find mud golems which had an invis active in hon. I don't think we will ever see something like that in Dota.

Having an invis active would make Doom fun.

just watched a terrible sniper match. he didnt even buy any good items and just auto attacked creeps the whole time. dont ever want to play sniper, tbh.

52club

Rushing Skadi sounds very greedy though.

I usually go stick, bacer, orb of venom treads, drums, s&y, then if things are going well I'll go ultimate orbs (selling stick to get the second one), then pick up the point booster. If things aren't going well I go point booster before ultimate orbs.

The greediest part is going no regen at the start of the game, where the new Riki is worthless anyway. I get flamed sometimes because of the lack of diffusal, but in the last three months I'm at a 63% win rate with him. But to get people to understand not fighting early is really hard.

Pratfall

Russians are still trying to abuse the drop system on the South African servers

This has been my last few games

Usually starts with

"afk abuse pls"
"we giv arcane"
"no fight only farm"

Pretty lame IMO

Cant wait for them to leave

Wins are nice but only when they are earned

This is honestly another terrible side effect of Valve's pretty horrendous communication. I am generally in favor of them not giving out regular blog posts or anything, but when they introduce a new system that seems potentially abuse-able they should at least explain that it isn't so that Matt doesn't have to.

BHK3

Banned
What do people think about mid beastmaster? Do you think rushing mek/necro or blink/aghs is stronger? I really love the hero but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how to utilize him.

It's not an issue with you, it's just an issue with the hero. http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/beastmaster As you can see he has no real identity or a profile, just blink aghs and necro cause you are the summon lord. I wouldn't do mek because of how mana reliant you are and that insane nerf really hurts you.

I've always liked him better in the offlane, specially on the dire side due to ancients. even if the lane goes bad you have that stack to fall back on.

I feel like ever since Tinker, doing anything with ancients is gonna be non-existant. I haven't seen tinker in a long time and I randomed BM the other day and they warded my ancients instinctively :( I couldn't even go in lane! Everyones been getting these huge buffs and BM's been kinda left in the dust, the small ulti buff is nice but he needs a str or int buff or something. He was kinda like WK where his starting stats made him a pretty good early tanky hero but it's fallen off.

Pratfall

It's not an issue with you, it's just an issue with the hero. http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/beastmaster As you can see he has no real identity or a profile, just blink aghs and necro cause you are the summon lord. I wouldn't do mek because of how mana reliant you are and that insane nerf really hurts you.

I feel like ever since Tinker, doing anything with ancients is gonna be non-existant. I haven't seen tinker in a long time and I randomed BM the other day and they warded my ancients instinctively :( I couldn't even go in lane! Everyones been getting these huge buffs and BM's been kinda left in the dust, the small ulti buff is nice but he needs a str or int buff or something. He was kinda like WK where his starting stats made him a pretty good early tanky hero but it's fallen off.

I think Wild Axes should be 100 mana and his summons shouldn't cost mana. Is that insane?

Haunted

Beastmaster isn't much fun to play, he's singlehandedly put a stop to my all hero challenge as I have no real desire to play him.

BHK3

Banned
I think Wild Axes should be 100 mana and his summons shouldn't cost mana. Is that insane?

what if

stay with me

listen

what if

He can summon a third animal?

Like a rabbit that goes around digging invisible pits that ensnare you when you go over them? A skunk that marks enemies and they take a little bit more magic damage? An owl that will be basically a observer ward?

woodland_preview.jpg

Look upon that AND DESPAIR

manfestival

ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ RETARD WAVE!!:„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE RETARDNESS GOING ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO RETARDS !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨„ ø¤º°¨¨°º..

Wok

My record for the shortest time I carry a gem:
dWGAsUd.png

I call the courier. A fight starts at a random place in the Radiant jungle, the courier delivers the item as I am about to die.

shira

lanm said:
I can honestly tell everyone, currently, tier one pro player's salary (LOL and Dota2) is around 30,000 Yuan per month (4762 USD). The salary of streamers is ten times or 20 to 30 times of that of the professional player's salary. This led many professional players to compare the money they could earn streaming to the money they would receive from winning a once a year tournament like TI. The Esports scene in China is facing this money issue and I feel like a solution must be swiftly found by the streaming services and the Esports teams. I feel that the role of the streaming service in the grand scheme of Esports should be that of news, media, and public relations. I feel this would be a better way to address the current issues at hand. Deep down I have no idea how to address this problem. Many professional players have already become heroes in the eyes of their followers. Streaming will allow more interaction between players and fans. This is why streaming is an excellent stage for players to package/create an image for themselves.
http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/new...than-for-pro-players-lanm-talks-about-esports

$40K for streaming/month. Waga's in the wrong country

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
All this time later and the snowball stinger is apparently fixed

...sort of. It seems you just get a free one with the gem in it if you owned one.

Seems like a decent fix to me, don't know why it took 10 years to do.

Valve added the new Earth Spirit Set that comes with the GG League to the drop pool, I hope they keep this trend up for smaller tournaments.

And Aw Yeah, 3rd tier Pro Korean Dota is free to Watch.

edit: This has nothing to do with the other stuff, but looking at my Database there are over 80k unopened Flames of Prosperity Sets. Some people really stocked up on them during the sale. That should of been an easy $8k for Redmoon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In case any of you care, 20 Alpine Ursa sets dropped. I would assume this figure is likely similar for Moon Rifts and Malicious Stings.

I wish I thought to check the Malicious Sting, someone sold one for a buck, and I bet you no botters thought to set their bots to look out for it.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Dota 2 is too much fun. Don't have any drive to play some ranked before the end of the season over in LoL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom