• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

heh I just realized I forgot my AC on the courier and never got it delivered last game.
facepalm.gif

I still carried though

It was ARDM

BHK3

Banned
Remember that guide Valve wrote about cosmetics and how to keep them from being stupid and gaudy and fitting into the game's general aesthetic?

Those were the days.
I still say they were the first ones to break their own rules when the polycount contest happened, letting that Naga set in and all. Of course looking at it now it's very tame compared to what's out today, like the CK set for Pudge.

FtHTiny

I don't know. It's not that it's less fun than before but the fact that the game is so stressful is honestly getting to me at this point. Also, even though it's technically a fantastic team game, I find myself in conflict with my RL team mates way too often for me to enjoy it lately. Furthermore, they nerfed my favourite heroes in Terrorblade and LC. Both feel really lacklustre and not pickworthy in pubs at the moment.

Dota and RL friends is always way too risky. Sometimes the salt just comes.
Also LC is still as strong as ever and tb still very viable.

On another note: My last 10 games had 9 slarks in them. That hero is so annoying to play against.

FtHTiny

I find them to be unwinnable with in pubs at the moment. LC's laning was nerfed super hard.

If you get a solo lane, or a safe lane where the support doesn´t just leech your xp you get Lvl 4 Q so fast that you destroy every hero that lanes against you. And Q on a creep wave plus hero into duel can solo kill everything but a tide.
But yes i agree to a certain point that the team should pick synergy heroes like skywrath to make the games a lot easier.

Zeth

Snowball Stinger Dizzying Punch is pretty cool! I think that's a new wind-up/charged animation too?

Isaac Rebirth today
happytears.gif

My last 5 or so games all had a rubick... Is this merely a coincidence or did someone in the competitive scene do something awesome with the hero?

Given that the hero is auto-loss in pubs, I hope he wasn't on your team too often.

He wasn't... But the guys playing them were annoying as hell (teammates kept giving up ultis like shaman wards to him- had a tide game where rubick would consistently just barely miss stealing ravage and get anchor smash instead )..usually when I see rubicks, they just end up dying a lot but the last few games win or lose.. The rubicks have had pretty good kda's and made generally good plays

M.D

If they want to keep the +30 death timer, they could change it so it can only happen once every 10 minutes (even if you killed someone using ult)

Aghs upgrade could cut it down in half to 5 minutes, its a pretty big investment.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
People seem to underestimate the free harassing heart stopper aura during lanimg phase...

While this is likely the worst advice in reality, I love going max Heartstopper vs someone like OD. OD players normally don't get too much regen, so while they will be pretty strong the first 6 minutes, after that they can no longer stay in lane against.

SamVimes

While this is likely the worst advice in reality, I love going max Heartstopper vs someone like OD. OD players normally don't get too much regen, so while they will be pretty strong the first 6 minutes, after that they can no longer stay in lane against.

And then you're a necro with 4 points in hearthstopper at 10 minutes with half the cs of the OD.

BigAT

LD and Merlini seem to really be dragging ass during this cast. I guess it's still pretty early for them, but they sound dead.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And then you're a necro with 4 points in hearthstopper at 10 minutes with half the cs of the OD.

Correct, and now you have no points in heal. But on the bright side, when you end up in a 4 man stare down in mid, then you will be at a significant advantage!

kvk1

For reals though.

You'll find that it's a million times easier than the arcana votes were on the TI compendium.

Dote the vote.

Armaros

Reaper scythe death timer needs to scale. 10-15 seconds at level 1 ult at most IMO.

+30 secs Death timer at lvl 6 is insanity.

Acinixys

That +30s death timer on his ulti is ridiculous.

I think that 30 secs at lvl 1 is broken as shit

Your mid Necro is removing the enemy carry/mid for 40 secs at minute 6 is retarded and totally unfair

I abuse Necro all the time and even I agree that the added respawn time is broken OP

Its seems to be a case of Froggy buffing a hero so much that they become broken, and then toning them back slowly

Arkanius

So I can finally play Necrolyte mid without having everyone harass me?
Good

It sucks that a pro has to be successful first with a hero for everyone to accept that strat in pubs.

FACE

Banned
Man, that orb s4 uses on his puck is ugly as hell. <3 my TI 4 orb.

A new hero is getting picked! Quickly, let's all nerf him!

Removing someone from the game(unless they buyback, then they're fucked anyway) for nearly a minute early is kinda stupid.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Man, that orb s4 uses on his puck is ugly as hell. <3 my TI 4 orb.

Removing someone from the game(unless they buyback, then they're fucked anyway) for nearly a minute early is kinda stupid.

Well it used to scale with the enemy level, and that didn't get people to pick Necro, so they took away the scaling and made it the max potency at all levels. Its supposed to be strong, thats the point.

Chris R

Sucks that the Summit 2 contest isn't random. I'm not good at writing an essay to explain why I deserve a trip to LA to watch Summit 2 in person :(

Armaros

Well it used to scale with the enemy level, and that didn't get people to pick Necro, so they took away the scaling and made it the max potency at all levels. Its supposed to be strong, thats the point.

There is a space between an effect not being good enough and instantly losing your lane if you get reaper scythed at lvl 6.

FACE

Banned

It's too strong right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom