• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking christ my friends and I somehow managed to fuck up a Sand King Undying KotL trilane. My dumbass friend leveled sandstorm first and never ever initiated on anyone and we got no kills

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking christ my friends and I somehow managed to fuck up a Sand King Undying KotL trilane. My dumbass friend leveled sandstorm first and never ever initiated on anyone and we got no kills

He must have been watching purge.

Radec

Nope, you took control of the creep completely, as in, you could move around with it and use its spells. The hero was a crazy ganker and put immense pressure on the lanes from level 1, especially if he did find mud golems which had an invis active in hon. I don't think we will ever see something like that in Dota.

You dominate a creep using helm of dominator then infest it.

haven't tried that tho.

Madouu

Games are hard sometimes.

You dominate a creep using helm of dominator then infest it.

haven't tried that tho.

Right that works, I forgot about it!

I must specify though that Parasite added movement speed and hp bonuses to the creeps he controlled, that's what made him so scary from level 1. The drawback was that the creep hp was drained with time so you had to make use of it in a timely fashion. I think that hero was pretty fun but is probably a nightmare to balance.

I am your anchor.

I played a depressing game right afterwards

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1002929962

shira

VVkj6AQ.png

tumblr_m586s5EXSt1qj9z8jo3_250.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/cat6669

Big Dog

Hey! At least the positive we can get out of this is that she isn't one of those cleavage cam girls. I give her respect points for that. Things get fuzzy after that though...

GorillaJu

Remember that guide Valve wrote about cosmetics and how to keep them from being stupid and gaudy and fitting into the game's general aesthetic?

Those were the days.

Chris R

Ever win one of those games you totally should have lost, but the other team was full of more idiots than your team had?

Level 1 team fight at top rune: Anti Mage + Witch Doctor + Troll vs AA

Who wins?

Anti Mage blinks AWAY from AA after I cask, allowing AA to live. That same Anti Mage goes mid against said AA and never secures a solo kill...

Lucky for me, the other team had certified idiots on Pudge AND Sniper.

Cask + Maledict = ez game ez life

bounchfx

damn, i usually really look forward danidem's items, and especially zaphk's, but that sniper just does not fit the game imo. it feels like invoker+star trek+elvis, but not fitting his character at all. but I helped make the gama brothers so I probably shouldn't say anything Lol

Acinixys

damn, i usually really look forward danidem's items, and especially zaphk's, but that sniper just does not fit the game imo. it feels like invoker+star trek+elvis, but not fitting his character at all. but I helped make the gama brothers so I probably shouldn't say anything Lol

The star theme on sniper himself is ok i feel

But the stupid star ulti and star shrapnel are pretty dumb and look retarded in game

Went 16-6 in my first real Viper match, pretty happy with that. Was just destroying them in the final push. Few of my deaths were silly, getting too close to a group of enemies, or standing still for too long with Pudge around

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Being part of a team which has a single carry, is like being part of a movie.

Where every support heros waste/utilize enormous amount of the time acting as a distraction, decoy, side kick and initiators, while (the star of the show) the hero cocoons self in hibernation in another part of the game and then just at the end comes out like a butterfly owning everyone in a single comback.

Being part of a team which has a single carry, is like being part of a movie.

Where every support heros waste/utilize enormous amount of the time acting as a distraction, decoy, side kick and initiators, while (the star of the show) the hero cocoons self in hibernation in another part of the game and then just at the end comes out like a butterfly owning everyone in a single comback.

We played it pretty stupid just now tbh, and could easily have lost because of it

I was laning with Ursa, and we were both getting as much farm as possible. Luckily the Ursa was a very good player (in that match at least) and was the only one to outlevel me, and played a bigger role than me in keeping us on the front foot throughout the match

Match became much more simple for us after an early Pudge kill, where I got him down to a slither of health and he stayed near a tower rather than going to base, letting me flank around and dive for a very early kill. Gave me the early boost needed to hold my own and farm decently in the vital stages where I couldn't afford to fall behind.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Ehhhh, Dreamleague season 1 HUD is my perma-HUD. The Pudge chainsaw alone is better than that Sniper set. Tho it is a good Sniper set, I don't play that hero

Haven't played Dota 2 in over a week and feel no urge to either. Am I cured? After almost two years?

Yes man. Same here. No Dota for 10 days here. Quitting was the only way to cure Techies. Volvo really fucked up putting that hero out. If they take them out I'll start playing again.

Until the next patch.

I don't know. It's not that it's less fun than before but the fact that the game is so stressful is honestly getting to me at this point. Also, even though it's technically a fantastic team game, I find myself in conflict with my RL team mates way too often for me to enjoy it lately. Furthermore, they nerfed my favourite heroes in Terrorblade and LC. Both feel really lacklustre and not pickworthy in pubs at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom