• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Taking off the training wheels. No longer gonna play with Torte de Lini's "standard guides" and just force myself to think about skill leveling and item purchases.

In-game guides are mostly useful when you play a hero for the first few times. Once you know the spells, the usual items and the playstyle for a given hero, guides are not needed anymore.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
In-game guides are mostly useful when you play a hero for the first few times. Once you know the spells, the usual items and the playstyle for a given hero, guides are not needed anymore.

Well I've only played about half the heroes but I have a basic understanding of them all at least. I would follow through with that all hero challenge but I prefer single/random draft.

and wtf @58% w/r on radiant

Playing every hero at least once is something every newish player should do. Some of my favorite heroes are ones that I thought I would hate.

First impressions are I like Disruptor and Nyx Assassin, I really like Clinkz, I don't like Luna, I really like Viper and Dragon Knight, I don't like Enigma at all, I don't much like Bane, I quite like Drow, I don't like Tusk

Maybe that'd change with more games, but I definitely have no interest in using Enigma again :p

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
First impressions are I like Disruptor and Nyx Assassin, I really like Clinkz, I don't like Luna, I really like Viper and Dragon Knight, I don't like Enigma at all, I don't much like Bane, I quite like Drow, I don't like Tusk

Maybe that'd change with more games, but I definitely have no interest in using Enigma again :p

Different play style, I think everyone goes through phases where one chooses to play ranged hero killers first, then nukers, meele hero killers and then at last support hero's (who can't directly contribute in single hero fights or in a team fight).

Bane and Enigma require the whole team to contribute to be effective, else they just feel zero/bored while playing as a lone wolf.

Different play style, I think everyone goes through phases where one chooses to play ranged hero killers first, then nukers, meele hero killers and then at last support hero's (who can't directly contribute in single hero fights or in a team fight).

Bane and Enigma require the whole team to contribute to be effective, else they just feel zero/bored while playing as a lone wolf.

Think I have big trouble with Enigma because I just don't know how to jungle. Don't know which camps are the weakest/strongest, so I don't know which ones I can farm in the early game without taking loads of damage

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Think I have big trouble with Enigma because I just don't know how to jungle. Don't know which camps are the weakest/strongest, so I don't know which ones I can farm in the early game without taking loads of damage

A 5 minute Youtube video and a custom lobby would fix that.

_____

Also, tonight I tried out Puck for the second time, did absolutely terrible but was super proud of setting up a very strong fight for our team (one of the few that we won). Q'd in, silence, then dream coil, then used nado on their N. Prophet for Sand King and Leshrac to combo. I really, really like Puck but mid is where I always play my worst games. I'm way too aggressive in my ganks and fall behind hard in farm.

I have 2700+ games and ive still never played Invoker or Wisp

Because fuck those heros

I have played Invoker once in probably 2000 games between DotA, HoN, and DotA 2, and I hate him. I have never played Wisp because fuck that hero. On the flip side I've played Morphling 3 times, won all 3 games, and still have no god damn idea how to play him.

kvk1

Hey do you want to be friends?

highfive.gif

Wisp is not that hard to play. He's a poor laner who does very little in terms of securing farm for your carry and he dies with 3 auto attacks due to 0 armor, but his mechanics aren't that complicated.

Wisp is not that hard to play. He's a poor laner who does very little in terms of securing farm for your carry and he dies with 3 auto attacks due to 0 armor, but his mechanics aren't that complicated.

Can be super frustrating to play with people you don't know though. And you can get much more out of him if you play him well.

I have 2700+ games and ive still never played Invoker or Wisp

Because fuck those heros
Almost 4k games and I've yet to play Meepo.

Unfortunately, he's next on my hero challenge so I haven't played the challenge in weeks. I need to make a smurf to learn him because my second account has a higher MMR than my main.

Acinixys

please explain this abuse the drop system thing you speak of

Theyre under the impression that if you play for 2 or more hours you're guaranteed a drop

So they farm 3 hearts and afk under the enemy tower so they dont lose XP

And then end the game at 180 minutes

All you can do is abandon, or get stuck with feeders

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Theyre under the impression that if you play for 2 or more hours you're guaranteed a drop

That's sure some dumb shit over there, if all SA players just stop playing Dota 2(and stop making Dota 2 related purchases/trading)..then it might spike Valve's interest to check it out.

Edit: I got a better suggestion, release a tiny patch to stop item drops until they (valve) finds a better way to explain item drops.

manfestival

They changed the drop system to be time-based so I imagine that the more games you play the more likely you'll get drops. Hence, people queuing but doing nothing.
right right

so its basically what TF2 became right after that sort of similar change. That totally blows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom