• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Don't know if this would be useful for any of you, but if you have the ID of an item, you can pull it up on the market in this format and you won't get any of those stupid renamed items:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/search/?q=appid:570+prop_def_index:4007

prop_def_index is where you would put the ID. I'm now fine tuning a script to grab the prices of items off the market, then I can display a price and a link of my site. Just need to figure out how many requests a second I can do before steam starts denying me. I think things like Autographs and Prismatic gems could be a bit buggy, since it can only the first page at a time, but eh.

Good to know that there is a way to search by ID. I thought there had to be, it just wasn't exposed very well on the regular market page. And the limit has to be somewhat high, otherwise how would D2L know what to price various items at for betting purposes?

shira

Interstellar hoooooooooooooooo

Good to know that there is a way to search by ID. I thought there had to be, it just wasn't exposed very well on the regular market page. And the limit has to be somewhat high, otherwise how would D2L know what to price various items at for betting purposes?

They only refresh once every 2 days or if there is something major like the Lina Arcana sale.

It's the sniper bots that get busted

Does anyone know what settings they keep messing with backend? Tried playing a game today and whenever I cast a targeted spell it selected that unit instead of retaining control of my own. For example as Lion I'd select finger and select zeus and next thing I have zeus selected (as in can see his portrait etc on bottom) and I'm just standing there =/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does anyone know what settings they keep messing with backend? Tried playing a game today and whenever I cast a targeted spell it selected that unit instead of retaining control of my own. For example as Lion I'd select finger and select zeus and next thing I have zeus selected (as in can see his portrait etc on bottom) and I'm just standing there =/

Are you sure you aren't double clicking or having your mouse going bad?

Kard8p3

Yes man. Same here. No Dota for 10 days here. Quitting was the only way to cure Techies. Volvo really fucked up putting that hero out. If they take them out I'll start playing again.

Bye then, c u never. Techies is a great hero and ur fucking dumb to cry about them that much.

Quesa

not gonna like i aspire to be a hella good brood player.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/117782763

that guy is such fucking nerd its amazing.

Tangential note: See this is why I don't buy the "[Character X] is too good check out this one account that spams this character constantly" argument because I feel like there's a savant for every character out there rocking games at all skill levels and when you play someone that much you're bound to do well with them. If that were true I would just link this and say Lina needs to be nerfed when everyone knows she's fundamentally lacking in attack range.

inkls

Tangential note: See this is why I don't buy the "[Character X] is too good check out this one account that spams this character constantly" argument because I feel like there's a savant for every character out there rocking games at all skill levels and when you play someone that much you're bound to do well with them. If that were true I would just link this and say Lina needs to be nerfed when everyone knows she's fundamentally lacking in attack range.

sarcasm pls

Hard Carry lina sleeper OP. truthfacts.

bbd23

The pugna wins keep coming
happytears.gif

Madouu

So this naga in my last game purged my eul's (used it on myself) with diffusal blade, I didn't know you could that.

At the end it didn't matter but I'm still surprised you can do that.

inkls

So this naga in my last game purged my eul's (used it on myself) with diffusal blade, I didn't know you could that.

At the end it didn't matter but I'm still surprised you can do that.

eul's isn't the free invincibility we think it is. Pudge can also hook you out of euls.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
When he says shit like

I don't care too much.

It sounds to me like he's just terrible vs techies and is mad.

Haha whatever nerd. I only see that garbage hero 1 out of every 20 or 30 games and it's still enough to ruin Dota. Dota might be the worst MOBA out now because of Techies. Gonna check out that HotS

Big Dog

Haha whatever nerd. I only see that garbage hero 1 out of every 20 or 30 games and it's still enough to ruin Dota. Dota might be the worst MOBA out now because of Techies. Gonna check out that HotS

The most disturbing part of this post is that I believe you mean every word you are saying...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think they're an incredibly fun to play hero, as well as being good.

I thought Alpha Protocol was GotY in 2010 and I had to suffer literally every other person on the entire planet Earth shitting on it. Life isn't fair sometimes man.

Weird, doing the All Hero Challenge, so I'm using heroes I've never used before, and it's screwing up the team setups a bit, yet I'm on an 8-game winning streak

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Won my 150th game as Lion support. Gotta be good, gotta get good.

sixghost

Weird, doing the All Hero Challenge, so I'm using heroes I've never used before, and it's screwing up the team setups a bit, yet I'm on an 8-game winning streak

Playing every hero at least once is something every newish player should do. Some of my favorite heroes are ones that I thought I would hate.

Sibylus

Banned
Took me until today to realize Bloodseeker's Blood Rage (self or enemy) boosts the damage on Blood Rite. For some reason I thought the value was static because the damage type was Pure. Weird.

Vaporak

Hmm. Douyu looks different and I can actually watch it without constant stuttering for once. Hopefully this is a permanent thing.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Taking off the training wheels. No longer gonna play with Torte de Lini's "standard guides" and just force myself to think about skill leveling and item purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom