• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

I'm fucking done with this game... Lost 300 mmr in 2 weeks with the worst scum that earth can provide.

I rarely bitch about my team mates since I know that I make tons of mistakes, and I'm okay losing if my teammates or I screw up... But this is on another level.. Straight feeding, abandons, intentionally throwing since min 1 retards

Madouu

and hes done
nothing

He's actually using him like a lich mid, except you deny an entire creepwave instead of just a single creep.
happytears.gif

I'm fucking done with this game... Lost 300 mmr in 2 weeks with the worst scum that earth can provide.

I rarely bitch about my team mates since I know that I make tons of mistakes, and I'm okay losing if my teammates or I screw up... But this is on another level.. Straight feeding, abandons, intentionally throwing since min 1 retards

Break sounds good or play with friends, that's what I do and it's fun.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If the PA Arcana has anything even remotely resembling fire I'm going to cut Valve. 5 Arcanas, all of them have heavy Fire Effects.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1007047975

Gee, I wonder why we lost.

Me: "Hey guys, lets fight them under this tower where I can get an easy vac + wall."
Team: [jungle farming intensifies]
Me: "Come on team, we really need to fight this."
Team: *farm farm farm farm looking forward to the late game*
Me: "Okay here we go" *blink for perfect vac + wall, then die*
Team: *farm farm farm, til the gpms traveled higher*
Team (ten seconds after I died): *fights them in the jungle at night when they can barely see shit, all die*

TUSR

Banned

im pretty sure ive dropped 900 over the course of the year and its made me enjoy the game more.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

You were 3.8k at one point, said you lost 500, then lost 300 more? You've gone on tilt before.

You can easily solo carry games by yourself at 3-3.5k.

If you focus on getting better and playing around poor scenarios you'll go above 50% WR and get better since every game there will be one less person on tilt on your team.

I've basically decided to only play ranked when I'm really feeling it (and in a good enough mood not to tilt/rage), and I stop for atleast an hour after each loss. Has worked really well so far.

LGD playing Pugna, Bane, and Visage in D2L. Three of the secret best heroes.

what if rot purged after a certain amount of seconds

or make debuffs tick twice as fast or something while on

i think that would make pudge really good

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
* Meet Hook now does extra damage equal to the amount of strength Pudge has
* Meet Hook base damage rescalled from 90/180/270/360 to 60/150/230/300

G-Unit

I lost 400 mmr in 3 days, I recovered from dat (I went as low as 2400 ish)

NBtoaster

Pudge is bad because he goes mid and loses his lane. He is a slow melee target that has to hurt himself to push the wave. You can't really stop every other traditional mid hero from destroying him.

Hylian7

maybe they dont pick him because theres 2942957389 other heroes that do his job better

so hes not "bad" per se

just not

good

People make this argument every time Pudge gets brought up and I disagree.

The heroes that do his job all do it differently, which is useful in certain situations. For instance, Batrider needs a Blink to really do the same job well. Pudge can do this job at level 5 without farm.

Pudge brings unique stuff to the table with his skillset.

A Pure damage long range nuke that ministuns and pulls the target, and goes through BKB now (damage and effect).

A passive that makes him synergize with early gank/deathball lineups

A disable that goes through BKB, and can be use in tandem with hook.

Plus since he can use Blink, he gets even better now.

Does this all make him replace Batrider, or what have you? No, not at all. It's just different, and situational. Pudge is a good hero, it's just the reliability issue.

Hylian7

You think he's a terror of pubs now...

Pudge is bad because he goes mid and loses his lane. He is a slow melee target that has to hurt himself to push the wave. You can't really stop every other traditional mid hero from destroying him.

Sacrifices have to be made, just don't die, and make it back from ganks.

Why the hell would people invite you to a party then proceed to play like an asshole from solo Q? why did you invite us if you are just gonna qq, not communicate and kill yourself to rosh 10 times?....of course he then blames the team.

Why the hell would people invite you to a party then proceed to play like an asshole from solo Q? why did you invite us if you are just gonna qq, not communicate and kill yourself to rosh 10 times?....of course he then blames the team.

Just had an omni who refuses to talk at all during ban/pick, then gets stuck with omni as no one else picked it (CM), and then proceeds to steal farm all through lane, and then literally never use his ult. When prompted, he said it was because he was "tired of being stuck with support" as if he had asked for carry and not gotten it. Mind blowing how some people think.

Just lost to a team of Bounty, Riki, Meepo, Terror Blad and Omni. The Meepo had 800 gpm and hit level 23 in a 26ish minute game.

I don't think I even hit 10.

Nymerio

Playing with three friends as Slark, Razor and Silencer. Silencer is supporting. There's a Omni Knight on the other team who keeps fucking up our fights with his ult because our global silence always comes way too late. I say I'm going to build a diffusal to purge omni spells. Silencer friend asks if he should build AC next, I look at his items and see that he already has a hex so I ask him to get diffusal. 5 min later I see that he bought parts of a shadow blade.
crazy.gif

Playing with three friends as Slark, Razor and Silencer. Silencer is supporting. There's a Omni Knight on the other team who keeps fucking up our fights with his ult because our global silence always comes way too late. I say I'm going to build a diffusal to purge omni spells. Silencer friend asks if he should build AC next, I look at his items and see that he already has a hex so I ask him to get diffusal. 5 min later I see that he bought parts of a shadow blade.
crazy.gif

Diffusal blade = Purple
Shadow blade = Purple
Therefore, Diffusal blade = Shadow blade

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright, I finished a bit of new functionality, it now shows the market price and gives a link for items. Next on the list outside of "make site not looks like crap" is determining if an item is limited or not, and also trying to display info on sets and the drop pool.

You can see it in action here:
http://dotahatstats.com/test_site/table4.php?IDNum=1000&slot=ward

Prices can lag upto 2 days, its only scanned once per day by my data miner and pushed once per day to the webhost.

Madouu

Pseudo lich pudge seems viable, just need a decent mid player to make use of it. At 4 minutes, I am tied in xp with the mid necro and our mid nyx has double the xpm (level 5 vs level 3).

qu0lXOo.jpg

sixghost

There are some good matchups for pudge against the traditional mids. He's never going to be a lane dominator, but he can hang in there against quite a few mids. It comes down to the players.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I keep getting carried in pubs but I feel like I just play worse and worse with almost no imapct on the games outside of the first 10 minutes as a support. After that I just run around the map warding and dying and hoping I can actually cast my spells before dying in teamfights.

TUSR

Banned
I keep getting carried in pubs but I feel like I just play worse and worse with almost no imapct on the games outside of the first 10 minutes as a support. After that I just run around the map warding and dying and hoping I can actually cast my spells before dying in teamfights.

start playing other roles

Indignate

Spectre bought a hand twenty minutes in. Went Mjollnir, Shadow Blade, Skull Basher after that.

I guess he wanted to go toe to toe with the Furion on the other team.

Red UFO

It's all about positioning. When in team fights try to keep in the fight without revealing your position to the enemy, using trees and higher ground. This will allow you to keep using spells and keep your auras pumping to your right click carries, who will always be making sure the team has vision on the enemy for you anyway.

Playing support is hard.

BHK3

Banned

Yes, I actually like this, mostly because every kid that plays pudge will never understand why his hook is doing less damage. Thus causing his winrate and playrate to drop heavily, I vote for this.

Acinixys

Supporting?

Pick Jakiro, win game

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, I actually like this, mostly because every kid that plays pudge will never understand why his hook is doing less damage. Thus causing his winrate and playrate to drop heavily, I vote for this.

Er, his hook would only do marginally less damage from levels 7 till 11 if he had 0 points in flesh heep and no strength items, and simply do more after that. He has 25 base strength and a natural strength gain of 3.2 per level.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Protip: Urn attacks stack, so if you have multiple urns on the team feel free to urn an enemy even if they are already under the effect of another urn, both charges will do damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom