• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
Tranquils?

On Pudge?

this is new to you? I havent seen non tranqs on him in what seems like an eternity. Green boot wearing fat man running slowly around with rot then dies and types some sort of unholy utterance of words into chat "cyka". They aren't that rare.

How are you supposed to deal with teammates repeatedly whining for ganks, from mid, early game? Just mute them?

Respond if they ask nicely. Otherise, mute...I've seen hard lane solo BH's feed then cry for ganks in their attempts to farm BF. Yes, you need to keep an eye out on other lanes. If you're ganking into a losing lane at least go to it armed with a good rune to tip the tide in your favor a bit more.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Average price of all items isn't as low as I would expect. If you take every item, its $4.45, if you take out bundles its still $4.31. Even if you don't count the immortal items, its still $3.34.

But the Medium Price is really low though, that is $.13, and 73% of all items are worth less then $1.

If every item could sell at the current market place price, the entire Dota 2 Economy has a Market Cap of $239,140,212.30

Pratfall

The Average price of all items isn't as low as I would expect. If you take every item, its $4.45, if you take out bundles its still $4.31. Even if you don't count the immortal items, its still $3.34.

But the Medium Price is really low though, that is $.13, and 73% of all items are worth less then $1.

If every item could sell at the current market place price, the entire Dota 2 Economy has a Market Cap of $239,140,212.30

jesus

Kade

omg it fits. I can enable vsync and ambient creatures now.
10805409_791276877596316_1556571767_n.jpg

inkls

Jax from league has the same thing as Troll warlord's fervor, except it doesn't reset if you change target, the buff is time based so if you don't attack within a certain time window you lose it. Would that make troll broken?

Acinixys

How are you supposed to deal with teammates repeatedly whining for ganks, from mid, early game? Just mute them?

You know whats worse?

>Queen of Pain is missing

Queen of Pain scores a DOUBLE KILL

"STUPID IDIOT NOOB MID WHERE IS SS???????????????? REPORTED FOR BEING A RETARD PLS ALL REPORT QOP NO SS ALL GAME"

52club

I stopped playing ranked a long time ago. I don't miss it all. Because if you really want to troll you do it in ranked, which in my opinion made it way to common (3400 MMR).

I have played pudge only three times (out of 2400 + games), but facing him I think he is perfect as he is. I'm not sure if they did something with him, but he even seems a bit more viable late game even if he hasn't snowballed.

Also nothing better than causing a mid razor to abandon out of frustration with Riki;

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1006849361

Moppeh

Banned
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Dota and would like a little help in finding heroes that jive with my playstyle.

I've played maybe a quarter of the available heroes and so far I've had the most success and enjoyment out of Witch Doctor and Abaddon. So from that I guess I like support characters with some versatility/high durability. Are there any characters similar to these guys that I should try out?

Pratfall

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Dota and would like a little help in finding heroes that jive with my playstyle.

I've played maybe a quarter of the available heroes and so far I've had the most success and enjoyment out of Witch Doctor and Abaddon. So from that I guess I like support characters with some versatility/high durability. Are there any characters similar to these guys that I should try out?

OGRE

Quesa

abaddon's great, ogre's cool, omni's pretty good.

techies teaches you map awareness just sayin

Ties

Banned
I keep getting carried in pubs but I feel like I just play worse and worse with almost no imapct on the games outside of the first 10 minutes as a support. After that I just run around the map warding and dying and hoping I can actually cast my spells before dying in teamfights.
position yourself better and get into ghost scepter and force staff (maybe a blink)

FACE

Banned

Mother Fucking Ogre Magi

sixghost

You know whats worse?

Queen of Pain scores a DOUBLE KILL

"STUPID IDIOT NOOB MID WHERE IS SS???????????????? REPORTED FOR BEING A RETARD PLS ALL REPORT QOP NO SS ALL GAME"
The worst is when you call that the mid is missing, then 15 seconds later call it again to let people know that the mid is still missing. Then another lane gets ganked right as you call it the second time, and the people in that lane flame you for calling it late.

Hylian7

this is new to you? I havent seen non tranqs on him in what seems like an eternity. Green boot wearing fat man running slowly around with rot then dies and types some sort of unholy utterance of words into chat "cyka". They aren't that rare.
Tranq Pudge is legit. Rot doesn't disable the regen, and he goes faster. Tranqs are the best Pudge boots right now.

It sounds like you see a lot of bad Pudges on your name.

inkls

The worst is when you call that the mid is missing, then 15 seconds later call it again to let people know that the mid is still missing. Then another lane gets ganked right as you call it the second time, and the people in that lane flame you for calling it late.

I like when you call missing and 2 min later they haven't gotten back in lane and they kill someone and they tell you that you should have called missing. Bonus points if they blame you when the mid has been roaming for the past 5 min (ala pudge) and hasn't shown his face in a long time.

Nymerio

Yeah, I've had that happen quite often. But, there are usually wards up anyway and people can't be bothered to respond to a missing call anyway. What, mid is missing? Let me just solo push this tower as hard as I can. Or when you go gank a lane and the other lane gets ganked while you're away. It's usually just an excuse people use for not having to watch the map themselves or when they're out of position.

It's outside their normal schedule apparently

Not yet but I'd imagine the fault will be with DreamHack and their studio. These matches were reschedule so I'm guessing they didn't want to run the studio for another day.

Seems typical. This tournament has made me so cynical...

On another note: I've given up carrying myself as support. It's too difficult to carry as support if my laners aren't very good.

Sanjay

I wish chat would have an option to time stamp its comments.

So now that clinkz searing arrows and huskar burning spears (and ursa swipes too) can stack with any orb/UAM, is it fair to do the same with OD's Arcane orb?

Hylian7

Most Pudges are bad.

Well most players are bad and Pudge gives you a unique toolset with which to be bad.
Why does Pudge get the most of the "bad player" hate though, to the point where he is considered a "shit hero" and teams groan when he is picked.

I've had so many games where I'm hovering on Pudge, my team goes "pls no Pudge" and then I carry my team to victory.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why does Pudge get the most of the "bad player" hate though, to the point where he is considered a "shit hero" and teams groan when he is picked.

I've had so many games where I'm hovering on Pudge, my team goes "pls no Pudge" and then I carry my team to victory.
He is the most played hero, so satiscslly he is the most likely to be picked by a bad player. Plus him being played mid puts him in the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom