• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

TI5 finals preview Bo3

sick.gif
Clown9 vs SADBOYS
http://www.twitch.tv/d2l

Draft up

Any word on why...?

Bus pass expired?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

The link was a short answer to the given question. Troll is fine, you just need to know how to use him. I think he's just tough to play well. Your quote is not really applicable to my link, also.

"check out this one account that spams this character constantly"

He doesn't spam troll, he just picks it semi-regularly and knows what he's doing. Most of it in solo queue at the top of the NA ladder.

Comparing to the examples in your quoted post: Broodmother smurf that places in unranked 5 stacks exclusively. Lina spammer with 50% win and middling kd. Most of those hero spam accounts don't have high kds or impressive win rates anyway.

The point is for a hero to effective enough to win consistently at that level, it's probably not hurting in significant ways. There are plenty of heroes that are "fine" but just don't fit in the comp meta or aren't trending, so you won't see them.

Chris R

Hero lineup CGI is pretty sweet.

Would be even better if volvo/whoever could generate one AFTER the draft is done so the proper teams are there facing each other.

I really can't understand how Dreamleague has managed to screw up their season so much, I mean apparently it was rushed but how...they knew there would be a second season, they're just so incompetent

They''ve gone from being the biggest third party Western tournament, to one with an awful schedule (two games at once), awful viewership, requiring a stupid amount of commitment from players (for what is a comparatively low prize pool) etc

I wonder if they'll even have a Season 3 after this, and if teams will even bother to play in it again

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really can't understand how Dreamleague has managed to screw up their season so much, I mean apparently it was rushed but how...they knew there would be a second season, they're just so incompetent

I can only imagine that there are internal issues currently since they recently fired the CEO, and they also had the unfortunate luck of putting some less then stellar admins in charge. There is always next Season.

Falk

that puzzling face
Highlight of that match was Aaron saying something followed by "So what do you think?" and his co-caster going "huh what wasn't listening"

Poor Aaron can't catch a break hahahah

Vade

I know Eg has Fear play panda and puck ,but does it not hurt EG since that means he can not be the 1 and RTZ has to be. I would think RTZ can play control mids, but Fear always plays them; is his hero pool really small ala Mason or is PPD just that stubborn?

G.ZZZ

RTZ is literally puck jesus, but i guess PPD feel more confident giving him farming heroes since he's a mechanical monster.
Now just wait for Samvimes to post the null talisman gif and the circle is complete
sleeping.gif

I just want to say that I hate the new drop system. I've gained roughly two levels since the last patch and have not had a single thing drop.

I like when you call missing and 2 min later they haven't gotten back in lane and they kill someone and they tell you that you should have called missing. Bonus points if they blame you when the mid has been roaming for the past 5 min (ala pudge) and hasn't shown his face in a long time.

My favorite thing is when they get ganked by a roaming Nyx/Mirana and blame mid for not calling miss, when the actual enemy mid laner is in fact standing in lane as they type.

Vade

So does Naga still beat Ember late, or will he just LOL Slight everything down. Also Zai Nigma >Universe Nigma

That match reminded me (for whatever reason): What can I do against spectre other than try to stop her farming? I realize some heroes are particularly good against spec, but it seems like if you get behind early and don't have one of those heroes it's gg.

I played a game yesterday where enemy Troll went Phase > Helm > Butterfly.

I have no idea why he went Butterfly that early and we all ended up getting early MKBs and squashing him (and their Riki that loved to spam Smoke Screen).

Kambing

How many of you feel like your MMR is indicative of your skill?

A dissimilar statement: Ever since they made known player MMR i feel like i have been enjoying the game less and obsessing more about my MMR... i remember when i gave 0 fucks and just played to PLAY. Having said that ranked games do tend to have more serious players/picks lol, so i suppose that aspect of it is much better.

shira

They added moon whirl, and abyssasl watcher and eye of foresight to d2l betting..

Looks like those prices are going to stabilize and not increase : (
This makes them more liquid in terms of sellability, but as long term investments probably going to stay at the current price or wose.

How many of you feel like your MMR is indicative of your skill?

A dissimilar statement: Ever since they made known player MMR i feel like i have been enjoying the game less and obsessing more about my MMR... i remember when i gave 0 fucks and just played to PLAY. Having said that ranked games do tend to have more serious players/picks lol, so i suppose that aspect of it is much better.

I'm fine with where my MMR is. I played League long enough to know I'm not that great at these kinds of games and I don't invest the time to get better. I wish the other people in my bracket were as realistic and that matches didn't have so much variance, but considering I'm scrub tier that's not really possible.

To further, I played through like 2 or 3 season of League and every season I finished in roughly the same skill bracket, which is basically the one where the average/below average player ends up. The empirical evidence is too strong for me to say "well if my team mates were better I'd win more!". I've played in houses and shit with people who were 3k, 4k or whatever and I can tell that I'm severely out classed.

I remember playing in an IHL for another site and getting mid matched against people who were like 700+ Elo higher than me. It becomes apparent pretty fast that you're not on the same level when you up against someone that much better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They added moon whirl and eye of foresight to d2l betting..

Looks like those prices are going to stabilize and not increase : (
This makes them more liquid in terms of sellability, but as long term investments probably going to stay at the current price or wose.

Not unless more are made, none of ether have been added since October 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom