• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

Happy Birthday Kade!

im going to watch it tonight because all my friends want to..hopefully it isn't one of those "we try too hard to be deep" films
sleeping.gif

Sanjay

i want to go into interstellar blind and with no expectations but everyone is already saying it's shit or the best thing ever plz stop

I'm going today to watch it today, ticket prices are crazy, fucking £12/$19.

It better be the greatest thing since sliced bread!

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna watch Interstellar this Sunday and I expect it to suck

Watched it a few hours ago, its was a emotional sit through for me. Mostly because I kinda dig the realistic physics and am REALLY scared of heat death of the known universe (do not worry, heat death isn't related to the movie..just thought I'd mention a relative reference to cite my feelings)

Got back home and I still think about it, god damn. Its been sometime now, since a movie like that in a while, where you'd just relax (staring into nothingness) and keep thinking about what if..(it was that way or this and so on).

Edit: I don't think I'd be playing Dota 2 today, the movie is still in my mind.. (eyes a bit moist and a subtle smile up face, with that 'What if..' part)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think the hardest hit SRT hero was Alchemist

He went for a tier 1 pick/ban to a dumpster pos

Ive seen him picked twice in like 6 months, and he goes mid, gets a 20 minute mek and then becomes a shitty replacement for Venge

Yeah I miss old carry alch, give him a +1 str gain buff :).

Demoli

So I played 6.82 BlyatCyka for the first time last night for my AHC. I can now say this hero is no longer the bane of my existence and actually feels kind of useful now.

I think it might be kind of neat to see Aghanims for him give back the initial cast damage on Rupture.

You might aswell buy dagon at that point.

Chris R

I'm going today to watch it today, ticket prices are crazy, fucking £12/$19.

It better be the greatest thing since sliced bread!

I'm going to go at 9:15 Saturday morning and pay $6 because I'm a fucking cheapskate. Lucky I was able to get rid of the ticket I had from last night that was $17

Hupsel

Weaver playable in Overwatch.

"Tracer bounds backward in time, returning her health, ammo and position on the map to precisely where they were a few seconds before."

Fucking hate Weaver.

That is all.

Chris R

Oh well, there go my rares. Stupid of me to think Alliance could even take a single game off Na'Vi as bad as both teams currently are

Pratfall

I wish blizzard had good writers. Overwatch's characters are already grating. "It's like TF2 but if every character we're annoying instead of likable!"

This is premature, I know. Maybe they will pull it off fine.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also maybe they're doing an EG chest like the [A] one. They should add Era's Morph set as well at some point.

Maybe, but it still feels a bit light at the moment. They have 3 sets in the workshop and a ward, unless they stick older sets in it too.

For that Interstellar movie, how can I be sure the theatre I go to has a real Imax screen?

Artanisix

Interstellar is beautiful and I really want to go see it again. Loved it.

It's a bit on the wordy side, but I suspect they did that to help out the non-sciency crowd. Which is perfectly fine, it doesn't take away from the movie to me.

Razzer

Weaver playable in Overwatch.

"Tracer bounds backward in time, returning her health, ammo and position on the map to precisely where they were a few seconds before."

Fucking hate Weaver.

That is all.

I do like that they are taking some inspiration from MOBAs though. A lot of the traits of this genre could be applied to other ones with a little creativity. I'm sure there have been shooters already with abilities that affect movement and such already and I just don't know about them, but it's cool to see.

Edit: Oh and whilst Tracer looks awesome from a gameplay perspective, fuck her accent, as a Brit it just sounds stupid as fuck.

Nymerio

When I hear Blizzard game + lots of heroes I immediately lose any confidence in the game. I don't have a lot of confidence in Blizzard's balancing abilities.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope VP and Navi don't mess with Polar to much more, they seem like a great team. Wonder if Mag is going to be part of the team full time or just this game.

When I hear Blizzard game + lots of heroes I immediately lose any confidence in the game. I don't have a lot of confidence in Blizzard's balancing abilities.
+1

FPS is notoriously difficult to balance with just a few classes and weapons. Doing 20+? Best of luck. Ambitious to be sure. A slower more conservative approach would probably have the best results.

sixghost

Doesn't matter what the business model is if the game isn't enjoyable.

If I was making a list of things would might prevent me from playing a moba-style game, I'd put paying for each character higher up on the list than the personality of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom