• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

Has valve given hints as to when the next patch is (content or balance patch)?

I was hoping 6.82 would bring me back into the game but my favorite heroes are still toward the lower tier. Breaks me heart to see Lone Druid (and most strength heroes) in dumpster tier.

I think the hardest hit SRT hero was Alchemist

He went for a tier 1 pick/ban to a dumpster pos

Ive seen him picked twice in like 6 months, and he goes mid, gets a 20 minute mek and then becomes a shitty replacement for Venge

Kambing

I'm fine with where my MMR is. I played League long enough to know I'm not that great at these kinds of games and I don't invest the time to get better. I wish the other people in my bracket were as realistic and that matches didn't have so much variance, but considering I'm scrub tier that's not really possible.

Yeah that makes sense haha. I still feel like the skill gap is HUGE for pro players... just hard for me to understand how the hell they get that good.

You shouldn't obsess so much about mmr, unless you plan on being a pro player in the next year or two, at the end, for most of us it's just a game.

If you play mainly solo then MMR is very indicative of your skill in my opinion, if you play with the same group of friends, it still probably gives a good idea of what your skill level is but with less precision. Say -500/+500 depending on the people you queue with.

Yeah its definitely just a game... but tbh i am about 3-4 (24-25 mmr/game) wins away from making it into top 200 leader board for the American division. Each win feels like an injection of crack cocaine, and a loss, much less so lololol

I'd say roughly 95% of people think they should have a higher MMR.

It's the only explanation for some people's behaviour in ranked games. :lol

LOL i actually think my MMR should be lower

Madouu

^ I think a lot of it comes from experience in inhouses and scrims, there's only so much you can learn from pub games. Also being constantly in contact with very good players, exchanging ideas with them and just generally talking about dota probably helps a lot too.

Yeah as frustrating as getting wrecked in an in house can be, I often find it to be a better learning tool than pubs. Of course it helps more if you play with people who will talk you through your errors.

I'm a pretty analytical person though, so I like thinking about strategy and game decisions. I'm just not very good mechanically which I'm fine with.

I used to care about getting good and was really about climbing the ladder, but it made me a person I don't like.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
got some kind of bundle drop for drow, looks neat

why am i not doing more damage tho?

_____

also, just hit 300 total games tonight. Still staying far away ranked but I'm kinda tempted to do the calibration matches and then come back to a few months later just to see how much/how little I will have improved by then.

shira

what the hell are you guys doing

go fucking see INTERSTELLAR RIGHT NOW

Yuv only seen it once?
hush.gif

This DS set for Universe is cool

But more importantly

1) DFX makes fucking amazing videos
2) PPD YOU SLUT PICK DARK SEER FOR UNIVERSE IM SICK OF JAKIRO NOW :(

http://youtu.be/MGBpqRq-a5A?t=32s

G.ZZZ

MMR is meaningless since they discovered the Zeus abuse trick. 4k is full of 3k shitters that have reached there only with the Zeus abuse trick and the games there are the worst shit ever.

Got put in Low Priority.

It's about what you'd expect.

It is endlessly entertaining though.. down to the Venge asking for tangos at base when she's going to a side lane with a wraith band recipe.

G.ZZZ

Also confirmed 30% wr with axe, i always get the worst shits on my team whenever i pick this hero is like ppl get instnatly dumber adn i have to play with carry tiny who arcane first item at 4.6k why wat

I kinda like the 3k mmr range right now in unranked. I've been solo queuing due to my RL friends quitting and the people I run into for the most part have been pleasant and generally communicative. Of course that might be a by product of me winning more lately as I'm riding the omni train until he gets nerfed

Vade

So is Team Mushi and Friends shit tier now they are playing in games that matter and not random group stage games or is FD just that good?

shira

So is Team Mushi and Friends shit tier now they are playing in games that matter and not random group stage games or is FD just that good?

I think Newbee and Malaysia don't want to play on foreign LAN's. Meracle is that good though, TM should have had a huge upper hand, their stand-in was from First Departure.

udz8P9K.gif

EEsama bring me da rares

what the hell are you guys doing

go fucking see INTERSTELLAR RIGHT NOW

I've been recommending interstellar since long before anyone paid me to.

I think the hardest hit SRT hero was Alchemist

He went for a tier 1 pick/ban to a dumpster pos

Ive seen him picked twice in like 6 months, and he goes mid, gets a 20 minute mek and then becomes a shitty replacement for Venge

Yeah this patch is extremely odd for me in that a lot of heroes I thought would be great in it are actually just thrown to the side. Dota is a beast to balance.

Hylian7

So I played 6.82 BlyatCyka for the first time last night for my AHC. I can now say this hero is no longer the bane of my existence and actually feels kind of useful now.

I think it might be kind of neat to see Aghanims for him give back the initial cast damage on Rupture.

dmshaposv

I kinda like the 3k mmr range right now in unranked. I've been solo queuing due to my RL friends quitting and the people I run into for the most part have been pleasant and generally communicative. Of course that might be a by product of me winning more lately as I'm riding the omni train until he gets nerfed

Same. Sitting at around 3200ish mmr and unranked random draft is actually not bad in solo que. Reasonable competent players, even russians communicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom