• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

wat a lucky motherfucker.

how much do those sell for now?

alystair "THIS HAS BEEN REPORTED AND CONFIRMED AS A BUG AND A HOTFIX IS IMMINENT. SORRY FOLKS."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/2kurtv/psa_alpine_stalker_is_included_in_the_list_of/

Guy pretended the hotfix was imminent to drive up the Alpine price. Now he's forced to cash out.
$20,000 for a shitload of DV-tier items.

http://redd.it/2lr4tf
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alystair/inventory/

lmao^^

Newbee Vs LGD in 5!

Winner plays Vici right after to see who makes it to the summit!

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Godz & Winter

Guy pretended the hotfix was imminent to drive up the Alpine price. Now he's forced to cash out.
I think this is one of the few times Valve Time has actually worked to everyone else's advantage.

Also.

Ok29ltl.png

FOR FUCK'S SAKE DEDEDE

The_Poet

Banned
Started playing tusk as a support. Very fun saving team-mates with snowball and wrecking enemy carries DPS with Sigil.

He works really well against carries that have a hard time closing distance like Jugger, Spectre and Razor

I'm glad Tusk is seeing competitive play occasionally but I don't think I've ever seen competitive core Tusk.

I guess he doesn't offer enough carry potential aside from one big punch?

I'm a little disappointed that Reddit has this attitude that "The game is free, Valve can do anything!!!" with regards to cosmetics

The new system is trash. In the few weeks it's been around I've played 1-2 games a day and have yet to see anyone in any of those games get a drop. To me, the system might as well not even exist. So "items are free shut up and accept it, Valve could charge for heroes!" is an argument I'm not seeing the free items bit. I used to get a new item every few days, now it's weeks later and I don't have anything (and nobody I play with regularly has either).

But on Reddit, where Valve gets some feedback, it's all about "well they could be charging for heroes, so enjoy what you get whiners!" and all that sort of thing, which, as a customer, is perplexing and disappointing that another customer would feel that way.

Deadly

I've gotten 2 drops already. The fungal set and a chest. Made about 3$ off the chest can't complain. Remember that once you do get a drop, it'll be an entire set too which is like 4-6 items and it includes all rarities.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I'm a little disappointed that Reddit has this attitude that "The game is free, Valve can do anything!!!" with regards to cosmetics

The new system is trash. In the few weeks it's been around I've played 1-2 games a day and have yet to see anyone in any of those games get a drop. To me, the system might as well not even exist. So "items are free shut up and accept it, Valve could charge for heroes!" is an argument I'm not seeing the free items bit. I used to get a new item every few days, now it's weeks later and I don't have anything (and nobody I play with regularly has either).

But on Reddit, where Valve gets some feedback, it's all about "well they could be charging for heroes, so enjoy what you get whiners!" and all that sort of thing, which, as a customer, is perplexing and disappointing that another customer would feel that way.

The patch has been out for 11 days, this hardly qualifies as "weeks".

While I agree that the drop rates are low, I don't think this is bad at all and that you're over estimating what you were getting out of the system before. Going from past experience I'll say that you probably used to pick up one item every other level to accompany your level up item, so ~1.5 items per level. These items were massively favored to be common, and usually pretty underwhelming, often a "Common bracer". Collecting a new set in this manner was incredibly difficult, even collecting an item for each slot on a hero was difficult and you end up with a yucky mix of items.

I would much, much rather find a complete set of 4-7 items that give the hero a changed and unified appearance than slugging through the previous system. Getting that number of items usually amounted to 3-5 levels, so you'll have to wait a little longer than that with a little bit of a premium on top to account for guaranteed Rares/Mythicals and all being from a single set. Without TI battle bonuses levels went very slowly, and I don't know about you but I was getting tired of all my duplicate commons. I bet that opinions will change as soon as people find their first drop, I'm still waiting on mine as well.

And I really don't like agreeing with Reddit, but they're right here. Valve can do whatever they want with item drops, they don't owe us anything on that front. We're playing what might be the best multiplayer game ever made for free.

Pratfall

I just wish I knew if the new market restrictions were better for the item creators or not. Bounch, anuxi? Can you guys even talk about that?

bbd23

Winter's Curse - Winter Wyvern strikes the battlefield with a maddening chill, cursing a targeted enemy unit and freezing it in place. All of the target's nearby allied units will go into an uncontrollable frenzy, attacking the frozen ally for a short duration.

KingKong

I feel kind of over cosmetics, I used to browse the market a lot to pick them but I noticed once I get into the game, I barely even notice them so why bother. I was actually thinking of just selling most of them for the next steam sale

I feel kind of over cosmetics, I used to browse the market a lot to pick them but I noticed once I get into the game, I barely even notice them so why bother. I was actually thinking of just selling most of them for the next steam sale

2.5k+ games and I never cared for cosmetics. I don't notice that shit ingame at all.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just wish valve would add more sets that didn't tie into tournaments, to be the flow of new cosmetics feels low.

Also, any one want to take bets if there will be a big patch this week? It's been 1 year since 3 spirits, time for the 2 demon update???

I'm still more sore about the whole 3-month delay on community market availability for sets than I am the drop rates.

My market spending has gone from 10-15 dollars a week to... absolutely nothing. Gj Valve. This also includes wanting to complete sets because I got a drop and remembered the set existed and liked it.

I used to love cosmetics and spent a lot of money on them, but I'm finding it hard to really get excited for them anymore knowing I won't see them used or use them myself for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom