• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I like some of the ideas here. I think NS's ulltimate should be a single target spell that causes the target to suffer reduced vision range and lose shared vision and see illusions of night stalker so he can't tell which is the real one.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2m6d8k/night_stalker_rework_suggestions/
I really like the idea of having some kind of "lose shared vision" ultimate, however it would have to be losing creep and tower vision, as if it was heroes everyone could circumvent it by just sharing control of their heroes and units to everyone.

manfestival

Melee carries should always buy qb, especially if you get a blink (ex. LC, KKA, etc...). Faster farm rotations are priceless.

If you get it for laning you're probably bad. There are some situations where it's good, but in general stout is much better for laning while quelling is more of a midgame oriented item to accellerate your farm. Think of it as a 225g midas.

so get QB on sven?

Hylian7

Melee carries should always buy qb, especially if you get a blink (ex. LC, KKA, etc...). Faster farm rotations are priceless.

If you get it for laning you're probably bad. There are some situations where it's good, but in general stout is much better for laning while quelling is more of a midgame oriented item to accellerate your farm. Think of it as a 225g midas.
Like I was saying, I don't think this is necessarily true. If you are AM against an aggro trilane, you are against three people that can easily bully you off the lane and deny your farm when you can actually approach the creep wave. The QB provides you with these last hits that you would miss because you are against this trilane.

Also I don't think you really need it on Kunkka. His damage is good and you have Tidebringer. Remember the extra damage from QB is not added into the cleave.

G.ZZZ

Like I was saying, I don't think this is necessarily true. If you are AM against an aggro trilane, you are against three people that can easily bully you off the lane and deny your farm when you can actually approach the creep wave. The QB provides you with these last hits that you would miss because you are against this trilane.

Also I don't think you really need it on Kunkka. His damage is good and you have Tidebringer. Remember the extra damage from QB is not added into the cleave.

In heavy harass lanes, you get PMS and extra healt stats, not QB.

Quelling on kka let u farm the jugnle faster, and yeah it's not splashed but it multiply the tidebringer damage anyway. The real reason it ain't as good as say, LC, is because kka farm at lightspeed anyway.

And yeah, sven should get QB in the midgame for flashfarm the jungle. If you know how to farm rotate correctly, QB is always worth it. Unless the game is some dumb fight 24/7 mid shit, but even then, farming the jungle 32% faster is really good.

Hylian7

In heavy harass lanes, you get PMS and extra healt stats, not QB.

Quelling on kka let u farm the jugnle faster, and yeah it's not splashed but it multiply the tidebringer damage anyway. The real reason it ain't as good as say, LC, is because kka farm at lightspeed anyway.

And yeah, sven should get QB in the midgame for flashfarm the jungle. If you know how to farm rotate correctly, QB is always worth it.
Or you could get both. With a PMS chances are you will still get out denied.

QB doesn't affect Sven cleave either...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, is Malestorm/Mjollnir really always able to proc? I thought built in orbs like Mana Break and Essence Shift overroad it completely.

Acinixys

Wait, is Malestorm/Mjollnir really always able to proc? I thought built in orbs like Mana Break and Essence Shift overroad it completely.

I dunno how it works on OD but with AMs Mana Break Maelstrom/Mjollnir will override the mana burn when it procs

So how do you guys farm match views on player gems? Wanna get that lvl3 BeaverKnight!

Download and watch replays

afaik you only have to watch 5 secs or so to get a gem count

manfestival

I dont usually get cleave till later on with sven as I try to build to farm and survive. Is quelling blade a good choice based on that?

Jex

Why isn't Battlefury on Alch a thing yet? Gives good damage, great regen (specially for mana) and makes you farm INSANELY fast.

Alch already has a skill that accelerates his farm and has a low-cooldown, very cheap ultimate that gives him regen anyway. He doesn't need help farming.+

Nymerio

Play as Timber, use chakram, get silenced, get flamed for not auto attacking.
SLx19c3.gif

sixghost

Alch already has a skill that accelerates his farm and has a low-cooldown, very cheap ultimate that gives him regen anyway. He doesn't need help farming.+

Bfury alch was totally a thing at TI3 before his ult was changed. The chinese teams especially loved their max greed/acid alch with either a midas or bfury for disgustingly fast farm.

inkls

6 slotted at 30 minutes. It's like super antimage with shittier skills.

**Oh shit I'm a member already.

NormalFish
Banned
(Today, 02:25 PM)

max Greed and Acid with lvl 1 stun is a given!

I remember playing a game where an alch did exactly that 2 days ago. First item? A shadowblade to setup his stun :^)

Best part was that he kept stunning himself non-stop.

I though his example of pilots was interesting. I think we see something similar in dota where after a while when you gain some measure of experience you think you know everything and see others that don't conform to that as shit (regardless of if is actually bad).

sixghost

Read the full response just now. It's pretty good, but you can tell Dunning doesn't have a grasp on how much animosity there is.
Hearing his fighter pilot example makes me wish that Valve provided more in-depth stat tracking. Being able to compare your cs at 10 or 20 minutes to pros would be pretty humbling for 99% of the people that thing they're the shit at this game. Of course they'd probably just chalk it up to their shit teammates that didn't ward or gank.

Hearing his fighter pilot example makes me wish that Valve provided more in-depth stat tracking. Being able to compare your cs at 10 or 20 minutes to pros would be pretty humbling for 99% of the people that thing they're the shit at this game. Of course they'd probably just chalk it up to their shit teammates that didn't ward or gank.

Yeah I think that would help, too. But as some of the commenters on reddit said, it probably wouldn't help the culture of elitism. Especially at 3k+ MMR. I imagine that if they had very in depth stats for everyone, what would happen is that you'd get players who are good at last hitting or some other easily visible metric, but suck a whole lot of ass at the macro game or positioning, and they'll be even more inclined to flame (even though I find these players to already be both really toxic and inclined to throw away their leads).

inkls

They should watch black^ farm. I remember watching a pub invoker game he was in vs a sniper who was zoning and denying him heavily. He got no support mid. His cs was average and then he started to skyrocket in cs and got a 6 min midas.

Even if you get ganked or have no wards, you should still be able to catchup in farm.

PR playing pretty well vs Tinker atm. Good to see them stepping up.
It sounds like part of the reason its hard to get better is you are put against and with people who are nearly as good as you, instead of people who are signicantly better.
I agree, actually. I think a huge amount of the toxicity that comes from ranked queues is that even if someone acknowledges that they're not very good, the majority of the time, that means everyone else in the game is also not very good, but they might not acknowledge as much. Because you have that sort of cognitive dissonance, people are just way more inclined to be at each other's throats. It's not a rational thing, but I can't even count how many times (in all competitive games) I've had someone acknowledge that they're not very good, and then immediately turn around and flame other people for making similar mistakes.

I don't know how to explain this effectively. I'm rereading my comment and it doesn't say what I want it to. Maybe someone can help me out...

shira

Lag and playing on the wrong servers is still a major problem

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It sounds like part of the reason its hard to get better is you are put against and with people who are nearly as good as you, instead of people who are signicantly better.

shira

I was thinking about this and instead of getting nothing at level up. Maybe you should have an option to play a game 1000 above your MMR as a treat - if you win you stay there. If you don't you get nothing.

sixghost

Yeah I think that would help, too. But as some of the commenters on reddit said, it probably wouldn't help the culture of elitism. Especially at 3k+ MMR. I imagine that if they had very in depth stats for everyone, what would happen is that you'd get players who are good at last hitting or some other easily visible metric, but suck a whole lot of ass at the macro game or positioning, and they'll be even more inclined to flame (even though I find these players to already be both really toxic and inclined to throw away their leads).

Players who farm well and flame their team would at least be an improvement over players who farm like shit in the safelane and flame their team. I understand what you're saying though.

Hylian7

They should watch black^ farm. I remember watching a pub invoker game he was in vs a sniper who was zoning and denying him heavily. He got no support mid. His cs was average and then he started to skyrocket in cs and got a 6 min midas.

Even if you get ganked or have no wards, you should still be able to catchup in farm.
How is that possible if you are getting heavily denied?

Also, how exactly are you supposed to automatically have a billion CS if you are stuck in a safe lane where you basically have to just stand in XP range.

I remember one of the worst CS games I had was where I was Terrorblade (a few patches so) against something like Timber + a stub or two with range. Basically I couldn't even approach the creep wave with Meta on, and had 15 CS 10 minutes in, then of course I get blamed for "no items"

Demoli

I was thinking about this and instead of getting nothing at level up. Maybe you should have an option to play a game 1000 above your MMR as a treat - if you win you stay there. If you don't you get nothing.

That seems way too easy to break.

Wok

So I have played Viper against this draft: Riki, Wind, Blood, Pudge and Venom. The Razor in my game told me I should have built Agha and BKB instead of Manta and Heart.

He said they were right-clickers, and he failed to understand why someone would build Manta on Viper (although I build this mostly because it is recommended in guides). What are your thoughts on that?

Edit: Actually, he has never played Viper differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom