• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How does it pay itself back in any way? It generates no money, unless you're actually missing last hits, in which case there's clearly room for improvement!

Aselith

How does it pay itself back in any way? It generates no money, unless you're actually missing last hits, in which case there's clearly room for improvement!

Let's you last hit earlier to help prevent denies. It's not something I get too much anymore except in jungling to go through creeps faster but it can be useful. Plus fuck trees
Emoticon_crazy.gif

dmshaposv

I kinda hope dendi gets chosen by a better team or gets a better carry player.

He still gives his all to the games, but the rest of the team isnt up to par with him. Vanskor has been dissapointing since joining Na'Vi, Funn1k has at least been consistent, the drafting has been abysmal and Xboct seems like he is going through a downward spiral where he is brining down the rest of the team.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blink Dagger Dragon Knight has to be the least effective blink user I have ever tried. I thought it would be a really good way to push an early advantage and it just proved nearly worthless.

Hylian7

If you would be missing last hits that are getting denied by the enemy that has higher damage than you, then I think making those last hits makes it pay for itself.

xanavi

I buy a QB on AM after I finish my battlefury but never before that. I'd say it's core on him if you're going for the split-push style.

Actually, now that I think about it QB on ember after battlefury might work pretty well too depending on how his damage on creeps is calculated.

Demoli

Even though Tobi ha a crappy personality, i still think he is the best caster around. Only ones that come close are Merlini, Lumi and Draskyl.

dmshaposv

LD is the most quotable caster for a reason.

"PATIENCE BY ZHOU"

"SYLAR TO FALL"

"THEY'RE ALL DEAD"

His color/hype commentary is the most fun out of the lot.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bulldog's new donation message robot voice is the funniest shit on any Dota stream ever.

Dec

LD, Cap and zyori are all terrible. BTS is almost impossible to watch because either LD or Zyori are always there. Don't think I've watched a single full game of Summit 2.

M.D

LD is the best, I love the BTS intro

I wanted to kill Tobi after hearing him say Teamerino Tinkerino every 10 seconds in that Navi tournament

Acinixys

LD is the best, I love the BTS intro

I wanted to kill Tobi after hearing him say Teamerino Tinkerino every 10 seconds in that Navi tournament

Tobi is ok in small doses

Zyori should be a host not a caster

LD is pretty good

SUNSfan is only good because Synd talks shit about him in every stream

Syn23

LD is the best.

Tobi isn't bad, all in all. Sunsfan is good, especially for lighthearted games, like the ones in the XMG Tournament.

I can listen to Capitalist, but not too often.

Zyori is shit tier.

Falk

that puzzling face
I always thought that NS ultimate being something like an affliction where you saw fake Nightstalkers coming at you randomly for a period of 30 seconds (and only YOU saw them, and there was no indication via buffs/debuffs/etc that you're afflicted) would be hilarious. Only works at night

Hylian7

I liked this pro/anti Quelling Blade debate there was a bit of last night. I thought about it a bit more and have a bit more to say on the matter.

When I buy a QB, 99% of the time it is for one of three reasons.

1. I'm playing a melee safe lane hero that I either have a hard time last hitting with, or are against a lane that can easily deny me or bully me out of and no number of branches/slippers/gauntlets/mantles will be enough.

Example: I played AM last night and my usual starting items on him now are Stout Shield, Quelling Blade, and Tango. Depending on the situation, I go either Ring of Health, Poor Man's, or Boots next depending on the situation. With that Quelling Blade, it becomes much easier to approach the creep wave early and take a last hit and then move to where you aren't taking too much damage. It also pretty much guarantees my farm, even in tough situations, I barely need to worry about being denied or missing last hits because I have to act quickly (early) to take them. There is always room for improvement on last hitting, but if your lane is rough, and your hero needs farm, then other factors than pure last hitting skill come into play. Quelling Blade isn't a crutch like some people thinkist is. It's a situational item you may need, depending on the game, just like Stout Shield, PMS, stick, wand, or even buying extra regen.

2. Fancy pulls or jukes. Depending on your lane, you may be solo and have to do stuff like pulling hard camps to change creep equilibrium, or doing a pull through yourself. This of course let's you farm the resulting neutrals easier too.

3. Cert melee right click junglers. You kill the creeps faster, not much to explain here. A good example is Lycan.

G.ZZZ

Melee carries should always buy qb, especially if you get a blink (ex. LC, KKA, etc...). Faster farm rotations are priceless.

If you get it for laning you're probably bad. There are some situations where it's good, but in general stout is much better for laning while quelling is more of a midgame oriented item to accellerate your farm. Think of it as a 225g midas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom