• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

It is very hard playing in a game where the other 9 are all better.
sad.gif
cry.gif

GorillaJu

It's not possible to win pubs with Terrorblade any longer. He's absolutely awful in public games.

I had a TB jungle on my team last night and we wrecked the enemy team. He had no problem farming and it wasn't like we crushed the lanes and gave him space. It was an even game overall until he came out and started fighting.

Sounds like you just relied on an OP character too much.

I had a TB jungle on my team last night and we wrecked the enemy team. He had no problem farming and it wasn't like we crushed the lanes and gave him space. It was an even game overall until he came out and started fighting.

Sounds like you just relied on an OP character too much.

Yeah, TB is obscenely good if you can 4v5 reasonably effectively. just get him a couple items without giving into the opponent too much and suddenly you've got a massive advantage. I think there are a few heroes that do this even better, but other than Medusa, they're not in CM.

Chris R

You think Volvo servers are bad... FUCK Blizzard, I've played like two hours since Thursday. Of course my computer doesn't let me run WoW and Dota at the same time so I'm having to play Steam World Dig instead of Dota while I queue (qq)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
15 minutes in, Tiny has Boots/Bottle only, Veno is poor, I'm a level 7 skywrath mage, techies is trolling, kunnka is rushing divine raiper, enemy isn't really pushing all that fast. Going to just save time and abandon this.

Edit: I think I see why the servers have been such crap lately, we randomly passed our all time high last night. Considering some of the buzz I hear, I think Dota may be about to really take off if Valve can get the servers stable.

Razzer

15 minutes in, Tiny has Boots/Bottle only, Veno is poor, I'm a level 7 skywrath mage, techies is trolling, kunnka is rushing divine raiper, enemy isn't really pushing all that fast. Going to just save time and abandon this.

Edit: I think I see why the servers have been such crap lately, we randomly passed our all time high last night. Considering some of the buzz I hear, I think Dota may be about to really take off if Valve can get the servers stable.

I can't wait for the day we hit 1 million concurrent.

Zeknurn

I don't understand how it's still sub one million when there's supposedly several hundreds of thousands of people watching the Chinese pros stream. Surely the amount of people watching streams in China is a small subset of the actual people playing the game like the rest of the world?

Razzer

I don't understand how it's still sub one million when there's supposedly several hundreds of thousands of people watching the Chinese pros stream. Surely the amount of people watching streams in China is a small subset of the actual people playing the game like the rest of the world?

The steam client doesn't count China or Korea I believe, as they use a different one.

what's the buzz you hear?

Wok

Well, of course. I didn't actually get any of the kills.

I would have reported Lion for kill stealing. Just kidding.

Apart from this, the win is mostly on you since it is a lot harder to perform a 5-man chrono than it is to aim finger of death. The only hard job for Lion was not to get stuck into the Chrono.

I would have reported Lion for kill stealing. Just kidding.

Apart from this, the win is mostly on you since it is a lot harder to perform a 5-man chrono than it is to aim finger of death. The only hard job for Lion was not to get stuck into the Chrono.
I was the Lion, I'm just trying to make myself look good

Acinixys

Holy shit I just looked that up.How are they calling it an upgrade?Game looks like a board game.

Looks like an iOS game

Also I love that LoL is always like NO WE BETTER THAN DOTA!

But when they update their map

G-g-g-guys are we cool like Dota 2 now? :O

League's art is actual ass.
It's certainly all over the place. They get better with every new release or visual update, though.

Redesigned map is quite pretty within the context of its art style.

It actually looks pretty nice but it gets tainted by all the anime 80s robot nurse clown cat shit.
The TF2 player in me is offended at your suggestion that cosmetics "taint" anything. Let me be stylish!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
New League map is fine. I agree that it kind of looks like a cheap iOS game now but that's a marked improvement from just looking like old garbage. The hero models looks super out of place on it tho.

New League map is fine. I agree that it kind of looks like a cheap iOS game now but that's a marked improvement from just looking like old garbage. The hero models looks super out of place on it tho.
Yea some of them in particular look really out of place. The consequence of an ever-evolving game. League has its Tarics and Urgots. Dota has its Zeus' and Vipers. Characters in desperate need of model visual updates and modernization. Characters that look acutely awful compared to more recent character releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom