• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, how recent are we talking, here? USE has been having on and off issues for weeks. USE was having issues during the 2v2 tourny.

All I can say is that *I* have not had any issues. No disconnects, no lag, no problems. I don't speak for anyone but myself, of course. I occasionally have to re-connect during the initial loading phase, but nothing else.

ymmv.

Does LOL has this shit server issues?

Europe: Yes.

NA: Extremely rare. Stable 90% of the time. 5% frustrating lag (> 150ms). 5% real problems.

bbd23

they better release oracle before friday because lord knows ill be spending my whole day at my buddies house playing smash bros
SLx19c3.gif

Razzer

Valve have at least tried to avoid what WoW falls prey too, where they can't buy and maintain enough servers to hold all the players that rush to a new expansion because they would be wasted after the first couple of weeks when lots of people leave again. Dota rises much more gradually. But yeah, it's probably about time they upgrade again.

Valve have at least tried to avoid what WoW falls prey too, where they can't buy and maintain enough servers to hold all the players that rush to a new expansion because they would be wasted after the first couple of weeks when lots of people leave again. Dota rises much more gradually. But yeah, it's probably about time they upgrade again.

oh yea Blizzard has by far the worst dedicated servers in the fucking industry. Diablo 3 runs like shit because of their servers, never mind sometimes not even being able to log in. And I don't play WoW but I've heard the recent stories.

So yea I can agree Blizzard takes the crown for shit servers.

JC Sera

So I've decided Shadow Demon is a terrible hero and far too counter specific that I'm never going to win with him ever. There goes my all hero challenge.
start playing random draft and first pick him. If he's not in the draft, try learning a new hero
he'll aways be in the draft, never any supports you actually want to play
I got him 3 times in single draft it was an interesting learning experience, I like him and feel like he is super underrated.

Wok

I have just read this on Reddit regarding the "Triple Urn = New Meta".

Just tested on private lobby: If you get 3 urns and have 2 of them on stash, you can get charges on all of them by swapping them in and out of stash. And after that if you get all of them on your inventory you can use them all simultaneously and the effects stack on allied and enemy heroes. Dont know if this is meant to be.

It sounds like a bug, but it might make your Io-hero-challenge easier. It sounds really good offensively as well.

Haunted

So I've decided Shadow Demon is a terrible hero and far too counter specific that I'm never going to win with him ever. There goes my all hero challenge.
I took him mid and owned face with it in my first all hero attempt with him. No one at my skill level knew how he worked and just let me stack Shadow Poison all day. That damage gets ridiculous pretty quickly.

How do you guys build slark? Specifically what's your first big item? I know he's versatile but I've tried both blink dagger and shadow blade and they both have pros and cons. Or do you guys build something else?

Hylian7

Bloodseeker goes Shadow Blade against a Slardar. His reasoning? "It'll make him ult me instead of Sniper or someone."

Okay, sure kid.

In other news, fuck Leshrac, squishy ass support with a stun that you need a setup for.

How do you guys build slark? Specifically what's your first big item? I know he's versatile but I've tried both blink dagger and shadow blade and they both have pros and cons. Or do you guys build something else?
Treads and dagger are my core items slark. The next few items really depends of the enemy lineup. You could go bkb, skadi, orchid, sny or orchid. He's really flexible in terms of items.

shira

Bloodseeker goes Shadow Blade against a Slardar. His reasoning? "It'll make him ult me instead of Sniper or someone."

Okay, sure kid.

In other news, fuck Leshrac, squishy ass support with a stun that you need a setup for.

holy shit that is next, next level

Treads and dagger are my core items slark. The next few items really depends of the enemy lineup. You could go bkb, skadi, orchid, sny or orchid. He's really flexible in terms of items.

Yeah I get that you can pretty much build anything on him. but I notice people go either blade or blink first lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom