• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
no more level drops, it's all random now - but you get sets instead of single items

Ha, I was gonna ask if they nerfed item drop rates. I'd prefer they go back to that as someone who doesn't care much about it, but likes a nice surprise now and then :p

Do you guys think that when a teammate has an enemy in their vidion, it should show that enemy's HP bar below their portrait at the top of the screen?

Kade

The TF2 player in me is offended at your suggestion that cosmetics "taint" anything. Let me be stylish!

I don't have a problem with cosmetic items. I love them in Dota 2 and TF2 but I personally find some of the random out-of-theme LoL skins offputting and they clash with what I think is pretty world art. It's as if everything is Alpine Ursa.

Acinixys

I don't have a problem with cosmetic items. I love them in Dota 2 and TF2 but I personally find some of the random out-of-theme LoL skins offputting and they clash with what I think is pretty world art. It's as if everything is Alpine Ursa.

lol

pls

Kade

Dont even...

stitches-beachparty.png

I hate the new drop system. I haven't gotten anything in like 4 levels now... It's downright frustrating seeing the bar hit a new level and not getting anything for it

Zoon

Can't remember what parts a legion set has but it looks like there is too much stuff in the upper half of the body.Looks fucking amazing though.

KingKong

I hate the new drop system. I haven't gotten anything in like 4 levels now... It's downright frustrating seeing the bar hit a new level and not getting anything for it

Same, I havent gotten a drop since the change but I did just see a guy get the LC arcana drop. Thanks Valve

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I guess if you really want your Tresdin to look like a Gundam...

Acinixys

The amount of phallic shapes on that design impresses and awes me.
F164F2FCC759D460A67636CC4DD6A4B5B0F1527E

Pretty amazing that the quality of sets fell so fast

So much junk gets added to the game when you can clearly see it looks like a pile of turds

Like that Mjollnir Void weapon that as textured by a blind 2 year old

I'm getting tired of LoL. In fact, I haven't played in a good 3 months. I have been craving a moba game though, I am making the leap over to Dota 2. Anything I should know going in? Any advice to give? Differences between the 2 games?

Ultrabum

I'm getting tired of LoL. In fact, I haven't played in a good 3 months. I have been craving a moba game though, I am making the leap over to Dota 2. Anything I should know going in? Any advice to give? Differences between the 2 games?

There is a mute button to block communication from players, it looks like a little speaker sign next to their name on the scoreboard. Just mute people as soon as they start flaming. I muy people all the time, shits great.

Same, I havent gotten a drop since the change but I did just see a guy get the LC arcana drop. Thanks Valve

I haven't even seen a single drop at all in any of my games since the change

But try to say that anywhere Valve will pay attention, like the Dev forums or Reddit and you get a stream of "buh free gamessszzz shut up u get mur itemz" ignoring that you don't at all and the system is basically entirely gutted

Satch

Banned
i want to play a core farming role in a game but i always get stuck doing some basic ass support gig every game

i want to be entitled to first go at hitting creeps

80r9oHt.png

Razzer

i want to play a core farming role in a game but i always get stuck doing some basic ass support gig every game

i want to be entitled to first go at hitting creeps

80r9oHt.png

Insta pick, avoid the flame.

Alternatively, stack if you are craving something in particular.

Edit: Purge's guide is pretty out of date by now. I'd recommend just looking for links in the OP that are from 6.82.

There is a mute button to block communication from players, it looks like a little speaker sign next to their name on the scoreboard. Just mute people as soon as they start flaming. I muy people all the time, shits great.

Lol, I will remember this. Thank you wise one

Here you go young one

Start here

If youve played a shit load of LoL it should be easy enough to get started

The hard part is remembering every hero and their abilities and mechanics like denying/pulling and stacking/warding and dewarding etc

Awesome, I will read later tonight before I begin. I have played a lot of LoL so Last hitting shouldn't be a problem once I get used to the character animations and shit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Here you go young one

Start here

If youve played a shit load of LoL it should be easy enough to get started

As much as that guide was my bible when I started I can't help but feel like there has to be something better out there for new players. At the very least Purge needs to update and edit that guide. It's dated as well as poorly written and formatted. A lot of the information is still valuable but the presentation is crap.

Razzer

Who is a good beginner character? Someone easy to work with.

Lich is pretty good. Ranged so easier to stay outta trouble, one of his abilities sacrifices a creep for mana and exp, which means you don't have to worry about your mana pool as much and you can keep up in levels ez. Oh, and his ult is pretty fun, so it's not like you'll be bored playing him.
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
happytears.gif

So I've decided Shadow Demon is a terrible hero and far too counter specific that I'm never going to win with him ever. There goes my all hero challenge.

Lich. That hero has a positive impact just by existing.

Lich is pretty good. Ranged so easier to stay outta trouble, one of his abilities sacrifices a creep for mana and exp, which means you don't have to worry about your mana pool as much and you can keep up in levels ez. Oh, and his ult is pretty fun, so it's not like you'll be bored playing him.
happytears.gif
happytears.gif
happytears.gif

Lich, Skeleton King and Viper are my go to suggestions.

Lich, Wraith King, Abaddon, Spirit Breaker, Necrophos, Viper, Ogre Magi, Centaur, Witch Doctor,
Riki

Lich it is. I will post later to let you know how my first experience is. Thank you for all the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom