• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
Yeah I get that you can pretty much build anything on him. but I notice people go either blade or blink first lately...

Dagger or sblade lets you get beside the targetted hero so you can easily leash them which is 3 seconds you supposedly have to right click and burst them. (also great for avoiding ganks and makes farming much easier)

If you get sny first or vlads, you won't be able to catch anyone as easily.
vlads isnt as amazing because you already have the passive which will give you healing.

You have to consider the enemy's setup. sometimes a dagger is enough. sometimes a sblade is best. maybe a bkb first would be your item of choice

Played 2 games and lost both. I was so confused lol, my reaction time was absolute shit and I had no idea which items to purchase. I was doing fine with my last hits, however. I played as lich the first time and Outworld Devourer the second. My main issue with the game (not necessarily the games fault), no one communicates. I tried to ask the people playing about the characters on the other team, about their skills, strengths and weaknesses and how we can exploit said weaknesses. Very few replies the ones I got were useless, like, "That earthshaker guy stuns," okay? What am I supposed to do with that information? I know he stuns, I can clearly see that. I generally had friends to play with on LoL so I was able to coordinate attacks and if I lost it wasn't frustrating, unlike here, but again, not the games fault, I'm aware that this is solo and does happen on LoL. Fun game other than that, I had one guy yell at me because I accidentally took one creep as lich. Can't wait for my next game :D

Would anybody here be willing to play with me sometime this week or next to give me some pointers?

Yeah I get that you can pretty much build anything on him. but I notice people go either blade or blink first lately...

I like Shadow Blade more, but Blink is very good if you can land pounces realiably. Shadow Blade has been a decent item on Slark for a while, he's one of the few heroes that reliably makes that first hit for extra damage count. Just smack them and immediately pounce to guarantee like 5-6 hits for decent damage. As for other items; SnY is decent for the stats and move/attack speed, Basher is good for even more lock down, BKB if they have a ton of AoE magic damage (goes through Shadow Dance), quick Skadi if they are literally shoveling gold into your pockets, MKB if you are going against a PA. Vlad's is another favorite of mine with Slark, it gives decent damage and sustainability.

inkls

Played 2 games and lost both. I was so confused lol, my reaction time was absolute shit and I had no idea which items to purchase. I was doing fine with my last hits, however. I played as lich the first time and Outworld Devourer the second. My main issue with the game (not necessarily the games fault), no one communicates. I tried to ask the people playing about the characters on the other team, about their skills, strengths and weaknesses and how we can exploit said weaknesses. Very few replies the ones I got were useless, like, "That earthshaker guy stuns," okay? What am I supposed to do with that information? I know he stuns, I can clearly see that. I generally had friends to play with on LoL so I was able to coordinate attacks and if I lost it wasn't frustrating, unlike here, but again, not the games fault, I'm aware that this is solo and does happen on LoL. Fun game other than that, I had one guy yell at me because I accidentally took one creep as lich. Can't wait for my next game :D

Would anybody here be willing to play with me sometime this week or next to give me some pointers?

What server do you play in?

JC Sera

Literally Dawngate.

I won't criticise Riot for trying to improve the look of their game, I think it's great they're updating it. Looks like it has much more sensible colour palette as well compared to the usual neon colour garbage.
I hope Riot picks up the Waystone devs, their game might have been a LoL clone, but they were pretty great lore/design/storywise and got communication with their audience down to the T.

Would love to if I didn't live in Oz.
DoTA has that "burden of knowledge" thing where heroes have all these gimmicks that you don't learn about until you die to them once.
Heres a guide on how to deal with the popular pubstomper's ones.

I personally preferred blink dagger but I can see lineups where shadowblade is better. My only problem with blink was that the tether isn't as reliable despite a better reach...

inkls

I'm on US West.

Well I don't remember how my ping is on US West, but I can give it a shot. If it proves too problematic I can at the very least coach you ingame.

Steam ID is inkls.

Also, if you're looking to learn more about who does what in the game I suggest reading up on each hero in the wiki: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Heroes

Not required really, but I found it helpful when I first picked up the game to get a basic idea of who does what.

JC Sera

It is bizarre to see kind words about a creation of EA's.
Its less kind words to EA and more to Waystone, which were fucked over pretty hard by EA. I never really played the game much but I followed the story, characters and the comic. The devs were also really nice and pretty happy to talk with the community.

Well I don't remember how my ping is on US West, but I can give it a shot. If it proves too problematic I can at the very least coach you ingame.

Steam ID is inkls.

Also, if you're looking to learn more about who does what in the game I suggest reading up on each hero in the wiki: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Heroes

Not required really, but I found it helpful when I first picked up the game to get a basic idea of who does what.

Okay, I will add you the next time I am on, which should be this Friday or Saturday (due to school). Thank you.

I will read more information with several links provided.

Unrelated, that pudge is a beast. Pulling heroes out of battle and stuns that one guy.

Quesa

I was just carried by a literal nazi

I'm conflicted

edit: okay maybe like a neo-nazi or someshit but you know what I mean

inkls

I was just carried by a literal nazi

I'm conflicted

edit: okay maybe like a neo-nazi or someshit but you know what I mean

transcript pls.

edit: also sick drawing:

loadingscreen.jpg

http://www.artstation.com/artwork/death-marhces

Bad7667

Has anyone else's winrate dropped since the newest patch? Its really amazing how this patch has been my worse patch. I used to win more then lose and almost never had more than 5 loses in a row.

But since 6.82 it seems worse than before. Wish there was a way to see if the difference is actually big or if it's all in my head.

bounchfx

you got some really tough competition in the venge department

may the reddit be with you

tell me about it, they're all pretty awesome too. luckily venge only has like 2 sets right now so she has a lot of room to grow, i'm in no rush. and it's a lot different from the others so I got that goin for me? hehe. we'll see. I'm really happy with how it turned out but it's going to be a very divisive set.

shira

tell me about it, they're all pretty awesome too. luckily venge only has like 2 sets right now so she has a lot of room to grow, i'm in no rush. and it's a lot different from the others so I got that goin for me? hehe. we'll see. I'm really happy with how it turned out but it's going to be a very divisive set.

cough *3*

Satch

Banned
are you guys playing on USEast

my ping&packet loss problems stopped when i switched to USWest. USEast is ebolaids incarnate

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Didn't I say to avoid US East?

Well I'm saying it again.

Avoid US East, and learn to play under 150 ping. It's better than server fuckery.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just went 7-0-5 and won in 23 minutes as brood, feels good. Enemies are a bunch of idiots for not buying more invis detection though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I swear to god I just lost to a 5k Invoker at the 3k tier. Dude was the only fucking reason his mediocre team won, but his APM was through the roof and his farm was insane

Has anyone else's winrate dropped since the newest patch? Its really amazing how this patch has been my worse patch. I used to win more then lose and almost never had more than 5 loses in a row.

But since 6.82 it seems worse than before. Wish there was a way to see if the difference is actually big or if it's all in my head.

Yes, I dropped over 500 mmr this patch. I am now spamming Necro to rise back up.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
i want a game #

Shut down my computer for the night, but tomorrow I'll track down the replay and find some highlights. There are some misplays we made, including our dumbass friend playing Techies and the fact that we didn't break up our trilane top to gank mid because we were having so much success murdering top repeatedly, but this dude's agility was fucking unreal.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1030852087

This Invoker had BoTs and Blink at the 20 minute mark, and Aghs at like 28

How are you not lagging? I'm like 5 hours north of you and the servers consistently shit themselves. So bizarre.

No idea man but neither my boys nor I had any lag issues at all. I only queue USE. Almost always < 60ms ping. 39ms tonight, which was as low as it gets. That said, others in the game were complaining. I assumed they were bullshitting/making excuses, but maybe their connection really was shit. idk. I'll just be grateful my connection has been steady and I've been able to kick a lot of ass secondarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom