• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randdalf

Isn't Slahser's Medusa build the one that Arteezy uses? I saw him do it on his stream a few times and EG played it at least once in a pro game.

shira

Bw8Ji8UCQAEkbt8.jpg

#paid

are they dealing drugs or something who just hands over a briefcase of cash

i didnt know by taking stats over snake i was ahead of the curve

mystic snake is a shitty spell

Zeth

Think I might unsub to Moonmeander and sub to Waga.
9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

Isn't Slahser's Medusa build the one that Arteezy uses? I saw him do it on his stream a few times and EG played it at least once in a pro game.

It seems pretty good if the rest of your team isn't losing, you're getting great farm, and you can get an uncontested Rosh around 20 min as you finish your Rapier. Idk, seems pretty risky to put it lightly, lol.

Skipping Mystic Snake feels weird to me, but I guess that's the way to go if you're going with that item build.

Zeth

Apparently V1lat wronged Waga in the past and came and said something mean during his massive donation/sub day? Need clarification. Reddit please.

Has something to do with current thread about Starladder improprieties and Waga's lengthy post in it maybe

Happy for Fear winning a big Lan. The only other one he won was D2L in that las vegas shit show right.

I think they won that Red Bull thing earlier this year. But yeah, really happy for the guy (and the rest of the team as well, they are cool). Universe is legit one of the best players in the world atm.

Ketch

The reason I complained about the crazy ti push strats wasn't because they were doing push strats, it was because EG should have been able to beat them drafted like shit and threw the tournament. They should have been able to beat them, they knew exactly what they were gonna do, but NOPE LETS PICK VOID TIMBER!

I bet a lot of the other people who were complaining at the time were fairweather fans tuning in just for TI.

Also, from what I gathered on the internet. It seems Waga posted some stuff on reddit about how Vlat was do some shady stuff running starladder in the dota 1 days, and then during Waga's big sub explosion Vlat messaged him on skype. At first waga thought vlat was apologizing, read his message out loud on stream, but it was actually vlat telling waga that it never happened and to stop complaining. waga screams FU FU FU and shuts of stream.

So vlat is shitty for ruining happy day, but waga throws temper tantrum (justified or not) and shut of stream. Who to respect more?

Also, from what I gathered on the internet. It seems Waga posted some stuff on reddit about how Vlat was do some shady stuff running starladder in the dota 1 days, and then during Waga's big sub explosion Vlat messaged him on skype. At first waga thought vlat was apologizing, read his message out loud on stream, but it was actually vlat telling waga that it never happened and to stop complaining. waga screams FU FU FU and shuts of stream.

So vlat is shitty for ruining happy day, but waga throws temper tantrum (justified or not) and shut of stream. Who to respect more?

waga was supposed to stop streaming like 2 hours ago and go to sleep but he stayed up because of sub train

it was also not as ragey as people keep saying

it was like a 'fuck you v1at well okay guys im done with streaming today thanks for all the subs!'

Quesa

or about how both teams were dirty foreigners who didnt deserve to be in the finals and were ruining the scene

when were people saying that? I remember people losing interest and calling Newbee racists, but I don't recall people saying they didn't deserve it or were ruining the scene or were dirty foreigners

Artanisix

New drama!

How do the pro teams play/build the carry jakiro? I've seen sing play it, also think EG played it.

I play Jak carry a lot.

Phase Boots -> RoB -> Mek -> Atos all the way. Max liquid fire and ice path first, with one point in dual breath.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
k seriously where is 6.82

I'm equally bummed as you but it's gonna be the end of the month. That way they've got monthly updates for late August, September, October (Diretide), December (Frostivus). Something thrown in for November too.

Ketch

waga was supposed to stop streaming like 2 hours ago and go to sleep but he stayed up because of sub train

it was also not as ragey as people keep saying

it was like a 'fuck you v1at well okay guys im done with streaming today thanks for all the subs!'

Ok that seems more reasonable. Got all my info from reddit and twitch chat so you know.

Anteo

Fun fact, it seems that peruvians are better at dealing with Techies, they even whine about the other non-peruvian players that fall for the mines a lot, makes sense as Techies was used a lot to troll on games back in the day.

Also, I have missed Techies so much.. I played 3 matches and fought 1 vs a techies as a rubick. Getting kills all around the map is so satisfying.

Randdalf

Fun fact, it seems that peruvians are better at dealing with Techies, they even whine about the other non-peruvian players that fall for the mines a lot, makes sense as Techies was used a lot to troll on games back in the day.

Also, I have missed Techies so much.. I played 3 matches and fought 1 vs a techies as a rubick. Getting kills all around the map is so satisfying.

I await the day I don't have a Nature's Prophet or a Huskar in my Techies game. Treants mess up your carefully placed traps so easily. Especially the key early game ones.

Zeth

Waga walking back his inflammatory comments. V1at obviously sicked the goons on him and threatened to sue for defamation.

Anteo

I await the day I don't have a Nature's Prophet or a Huskar in my Techies game. Treants mess up your carefully placed traps so easily. Especially the key early game ones.

I actually had a nature in one of my games, I still got the First Blood cause the Nature could not guess where my mines were. Sadly we lost because we had Nevermore, Meepo and Spectre on the team and no enough time get farm for them. I could not defend all lanes to make time for my team either

Acinixys

I miss the old subreddit from beta days, just look at this shit show across the front page today.

The only time anyone should go to the Dota 2 sub is if theres a patch to see whats in it

WAY to many entitled assholes and crybabies their for my taste

Even 4chans /vg/ threads are better

Randdalf

I actually had a nature in one of my games, I still got the First Blood cause the Nature could not guess where my mines were. Sadly we lost because we had Nevermore, Meepo and Spectre on the team and no enough time get farm for them. I could not defend all lanes to make time for my team either

What's your Techies build, and where are your initial mine spots?

At spawn I go:
Clarity x3, TP, Smoke and Tangoes then teleport to the offlane tower and put a trap in the side shop or one of the jungle entrances or use the Smoke and put one deeper inside their jungle.

Then I get:
Boots, Soul Ring, Arcane Boots and Force Staff, using the latter to get into position for suicides or escape. Then I get Agh's. After that I would probably get Scythe of Vyse but the games don't usually reach that stage.

In my next game I think I'm going to trying bluffing which lane I'm in by planting mines top then walking to and appearing from their jungle bottom (or vice versa) to make them less suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom