• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waga walking back his inflammatory comments. V1at obviously sicked the goons on him and threatened to sue for defamation.

I mean if you are going to say that Waga is making defamatory comments on Twitch and Reddit counts as publishing you then have to concede that V1at is probably a public figure and the standard to build a case would be much higher. Would also make apologizing or walking things back worse in terms of legal precedent.

Not exactly like either of them are acting adult about it but, you know, Dota drama.

bbd23

Zyori
facepalm.gif

Randdalf

Just pulled off the old Techies "lane bluff" strat. Planted mines on their offlane, appeared on opposite side of map, ez first blood.

Ketch

Who makes good teammates with techies? I was thinking push strat heroes, hard carries, strong disables.

Like veno, pugna, naga, enigma...

Like a veno techies lane, how do you fight that?

Randdalf

Who makes good teammates with techies? I was thinking push strat heroes, hard carries, strong disables.

Like veno, pugna, naga, enigma...

Like a veno techies lane, how do you fight that?

Keeper of the Light is good because of the mana provided by Chakra Magic.

Mirana is good as setup for Suicide Squad in the early game with Arrow and Moonlight Shadow.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Using Venge to swap people on to mine clusters = most fun you can have in dota. True fact.

I have found that watching Techies on streaming is funnier than playing it myself, since most of the time I am busy in other part of the map and I don't see people stepping on the mines.

whats frustrating for me is when my team manages to get a pick off at around the 20 min mark, and then all rush directly back to our own jungle to farm, when we haven't yet touched their t2s

Wagamama got Shadow Banned because he tweeted out his apology link asking for help in getting it risen above the rest of the drama.

Bloody hell Reddit. Fine example of the ban first ask questions later principle they love to do.
facepalm.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SlasherSlahser is amazing. His guide let me play Medusa the way it should. A 20 min Roshan immediately followed by Rapier and then a 24 min end game.

DztB4Vg.png
Viable
I like going MoM first though as it lets you fight without rapier then super yolo

I think Merlini likes rapier + no snake on her also.

Why is it called shadow banned? sounds dramatic?
Because there is no notification of your ban, everything looks fine on your side but no one can see your comments, submissions etc.

The only way to check is to logout of your profile and open the user page directly. If it shows user not found then they have been shadow banned.

Artanisix

Wagamama got Shadow Banned because he tweeted out his apology link asking for help in getting it risen above the rest of the drama.

Bloody hell Reddit. Fine example of the ban first ask questions later principle they love to do.
facepalm.gif

I only go to Reddit to get linked to your twitter to link to your patch analysis anyway

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He asked for people to upvote his submission which is against their rules, hopefully he'll get unbanned, but he did more than just link his post.

Just hope it's a lesson to others to wait upon all has been explained before going to the community first.

Just a messy situation that should have been resolved before going public. Resolved could also mean having your suspicions being confirmed.

Same with Cyborgmatt's mini meltdown about Tobi.

We need more heroes from Dee Bradley Baker (Techies VO).

Check out his samples on here: http://www.deebaker.com/
Dee is currently featured on Fox's Emmy-nominated series “American Dad” (Klaus the goldfish), as well as on Nickelodeon's "Avatar: The Legend of Korra" (Tarrlok, Pabu and Nala), “SpongeBob Squarepants” (Squilliam, etc.), Cartoon Network's hit series “Ben 10: Alien Force” (the super aliens), and “Adventure Time” (Cinnamon Bun, etc.).

Ketch

Because there is no notification of your ban, everything looks fine on your side but no one can see your comments, submissions etc.

The only way to check is to logout of your profile and open the user page directly. If it shows user not found then they have been shadow banned.

that's shitty.

But I like the idea... and the naming convention. GAF should have stuff like that.

GLOOM QUOTE.

space jam 2
This can't be a real thing.

Nirvana

that's shitty.

But I like the idea... and the naming convention. GAF should have stuff like that.

GLOOM QUOTE.

I think it should say 'YOU ARE DOOMED' every time you try and post, and your whole screen is just a glowing orange pentagram.

Doom's 'Pentagram' is technically a Pentacle, since it has a circle around it

Carlius

Banned
i love when abbadons talk shit. easy hero. got free farm all game, never helped once with the teamfights, came in just to clean up and then whines all game. gg

Goddard

What is the anecdotal winrate for techies in your experience dotaGAF?

For me it has been picked against me 6 times, my team won all 6 of them with a landslide, and someone on my team picked it once, and we lost by a landslide.

So 0%. My it's in the bag counter is on a streak of 4 so far. I always use it against techies.

Techies

What is the anecdotal winrate for techies in your experience dotaGAF?

For me it has been picked against me 6 times, my team won all 6 of them with a landslide, and someone on my team picked it once, and we lost by a landslide.

So 0%. My it's in the bag counter is on a streak of 4 so far. I always use it against techies.

I'm 18-7 with Techies atm.

Goddard

I must be lucky. Seriously every single game there is a techies the team with techies loses in my experience, a shit load of free wins for me because out of pure luck my team never picks techies.

Quesa

Keep in mind two things when concocting evaluations of techies from anecdotal info:

1) He's new to dota 2 so despite what anyone says no one except maybe Waga has figured out how to play him.

2) Like Meepo he's one of the most easily countered heroes and people are instalocking him because it's the only way to get a chance to play him.

I expect his winrate to go up and I think he'll reach a point where you have to build a team around him or figure out when he fits a lineup (like most heroes except void/mirana/lycan). I'm not sure if he'll get buffed in 6.82, but right now I don't think anything outside remote mine cd is going to nerfed and anything outside statis activation delay will get buffed.

I wonder of IF is holding back 6.82 until he has data on Techies and can make changes with that patch. Far-fetched theory, I suppose.

Anteo

Keep in mind two things when concocting evaluations of techies from anecdotal info:

1) He's new to dota 2 so despite what anyone says no one except maybe Waga has figured out how to play him.

2) Like Meepo he's one of the most easily countered heroes and people are instalocking him because it's the only way to get a chance to play him.

I expect his winrate to go up and I think he'll reach a point where you have to build a team around him or figure out when he fits a lineup (like most heroes except void/mirana/lycan). I'm not sure if he'll get buffed in 6.82, but right now I don't think anything outside remote mine cd is going to nerfed and anything outside statis activation delay will get buffed.

I wonder of IF is holding back 6.82 until he has data on Techies and can make changes with that patch. Far-fetched theory, I suppose.

True, peopel really need to learn to fight a techies. The biggest problem right now is that players walk around any part of the map without thinking. You have to think were to walk, even in lane, just walk the same path as the creeps do not try to go left or right as those are the best places for mines in all lanes (even the middle lane).

The one thing about Techies is that if a enemy techies gets ahead, it virtually blocks all the farming points on the map as you cant aford going outside of the safe paths without detection and even then he can potentially block all your camps with mines (mines work as a sentry/observer in camps, blocking the spawn). Dont let him get ahead, walk through the same path as the creeps walk and get detection for every push.

Something I really need to work on is to not be greedy, I really want to get kills with the mines, sometimes dealing 80% damage is enough to criple a team and kill 1/2 of them while the rest flee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom