• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Still on the Neverwinter engine, Aurora I believe it was called, just because the default module was ass, NWN did bring a buttload of awesome modules, official and fanmade.

Oh well then if they made the ENGINE we'll give them credit for the game. Because that's how that shit works.

On another note, they dicked Techies over hard as shit in this patch. The nerf is fucking insane.

Acinixys

I used to look forward to Bioware games, then I played Neverwinter Nights
sick.gif

NN1 was cool

NN2 was a cluster fuck

GorillaJu

I've been really enjoying Bloodseeker, mostly jungling, but holy fuck I must have lost 4 games in the past two days after like 50 minutes because of minor mistakes turning into huge throws.

Last game, I had a fucking 7k rated Shadow Fiend and lost 44 MMR because of that -_-

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
*checks score sheet*

*sees refresher tide*

*sees refresher invoker*

*sees refresher shaman*

*sees veil kotl*

*looks at the other team, sees 1 (one!) BKB, NO Urn of Shadows, and NO Pipe of Insight on Technomancer's team*

*closes tab*

With respect, Sven was the only player on your team with any sense at all. With respect to the Troll (because he's a GAFer), I'll just say he made an awful mistake prioritizing the items he bought over BKB. BKB should have been his first major item purchase. Same goes for the Mirana. Damage items don't matter if you don't live long enough to use them. Against that much magic burst, you *must* buy BKB as your first major item. Second at the very latest. In a 60-minute game, your damage dealers didn't complete one between either of them. They should be embarrassed. You can't even expect another outcome to the game with this kinda silly shit happening.

Itemization loses more games than anything else. I've said it a million times, and this is one of the more clear examples of that truth.
Sure, we fucked up but my point is: the enemy team wasn't that great either. The Bloodseeker, the Kotl, the Tidehunter, its not like if they hadn't had that fucking Invoker carrying them they would still necessarily have been winning. BKB would have helped Troll, but Pipe wouldn't have helped the real problem which was EMP and Forge Spirits. KotL's blasts weren't even an issue that often

I agree that itemization often loses games, but short of somehow finding the farm for two Hexes or so (impossible) I'm not sure what we could have done here. Aside from the aforementioned BKB on Troll

Haunted

smurfs are pathetic ;_;

Finally thought I'd get my centaur win destroying the Terrorblade top, realise too late that this enemy Viper in mid is a smurf that proceeds to absolutely crush, get a 10(!) level lead on everyone and 42 kills in 50 minutes.

fuckin' hell

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
9/29 6.75 released
10/1 6.75b released
10/20 6.76 released
10/21 6.76b released
10/28 6.76c released
12/14 6.77 released

moral of the story: dota balance patches are completely unpredictable. 6.75 and 6.76 were both big patches and were released within 1 month of each other lol.

Big Dog

So we just had 6.82 -- what are the chances they issue a balance update with oracle?

I would bet a few heroes that are picked highly in the pro scene could get nerfs. Maybe a random buff or two. I couldn't imagine a patch changing more than 8 or 9 heroes max. Similar to something we had earlier in the year when mirana got her arrow redone for its damage.

Maybe a 6.82d
Yep. I bet this will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom