• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

speaking of waga, what was the deal with all the drama with him and v1lat.. i have no idea what's going on with that

omg, vi1at responded and got shit all over on reddit
- people calling him out and straight-up lying to their face
- eDrama is best drama

http://redd.it/2fqdok
Dear reddit. Thank you, for all attention you are providing to sexual activities with me and to all dramas, but, please be patient to bot-upvoted threads and downvoted comments.
Thanks for attention. Gonna go and **ck myself

Hylian7

RkQbwsi.png

This actually surprises me a bit (this is Techies).

Why Pudge? I thought for sure it woudl be NP.

I have lost all hope of ever getting to an MMR tier where meaningful play happens. I'm just stuck. I don't know how to get out of this when I get matched with people who are 600 and 800 MMR.

manfestival

that feel when I was denied two rampages in a row.

I have lost all hope of ever getting to an MMR tier where meaningful play happens. I'm just stuck. I don't know how to get out of this when I get matched with people who are 600 and 800 MMR.

that MMR exists?

that MMR exists?

Where I am at, most of the time I'll get at least two people on my team who either can't speak English or just don't communicate at all. I regularly get people who steal last hits on purpose as a support when I need farm. I get people who pick heroes they've never played before. I get people who call gg after a bad teamfight at 10 minutes and go afk the rest of the match. I get fights over which lane to go to. And don't get me started on terrible item builds.

I know this stuff will always happen. But this is literally every game. I have to assume there is some point at which it gets better. And I don't know how to get there. I've tried playing support, I've tried playing carry... nothing works.

I usually subscribe to the "you are the only common factor in all your losing games" theory, but I know I am better than this.

Madouu

that MMR exists?

There's much lower.

Where I am at, most of the time I'll get at least two people on my team who either can't speak English or just don't communicate at all. I regularly get people who steal last hits on purpose as a support when I need farm. I get people who pick heroes they've never played before. I get people who call gg after a bad teamfight at 10 minutes and go afk the rest of the match. I get fights over which lane to go to. And don't get me started on terrible item builds.

I know this stuff will always happen. But this is literally every game. I have to assume there is some point at which it gets better. And I don't know how to get there. I've tried playing support, I've tried playing carry... nothing works.

I usually subscribe to the "you are the only common factor in all your losing games" theory, but I know I am better than this.

I hate to say it bluntly like this but you probably belong where you deserve to be. You really have to practice your game mechanics... communication is completely irrelevant in the 1k mmr bracket. You should be able to kill whoever you are laning against over and over in the first minutes of the game in every single game, regardless of your lane or your laning partner because people in that bracket are simply awful at the game. That is how you know you improve and that you are better than "this".

Haunted

What's your MMR? Do you play ranked solo?

At this point it might make more sense to team up with friends/GAFers and observe their play to get tips and hints on how to improve.

Haunted

that MMR exists?
The lowest I've seen was the 0.5k MMR game someone posted a couple pages back.

Generally, there should be a sizable contingent of players from 500(I guess?) to 5k (there's only an irrelevant amount of players above and below that) across the board.

What did valve say the populace median was a couple months back? It was a post on the forums I think, it was slightly above mine, like 2.5k or something. But who knows if that's still accurate since ranked mode went live.

shira

i de-mythed this last page actually

edit: actually, whatever. here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=311485127?ref=hl
video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPLkbhUroI

vote on the shit that you like, ignore what ya don't. I did the Beastmaster axes and the dazzle staff

he's working on getting the hud imported tonight. I haven't even seen it yet.

http://zippy.gfycat.com/TalkativeSafeGilamonster.webm
If this gets in, we need Battlefury oven mitts for TI5

Chris R

Reddit stuff turning me off to the site for meaningful doto content :( Also don't like how vindictive some of the users there seem to be...

sixghost

If you really think you don't belong in at that MMR, take a week or so to learn how to play mid, if you don't already, and just do nothing but play mid lane until you stop crushing people. No one will ever gank you mid in that tier, so buy a rune ward for yourself and dominate.

I'm not even that great a mid for my MMR, but when I end up mid against someone who is worse than me, it's immediately apparent.

Wok

If you really think you don't belong in at that MMR, take a week or so to learn how to play mid, if you don't already, and just do nothing but play mid lane until you stop crushing people. No one will ever gank you mid in that tier, so buy a rune ward for yourself and dominate.

I'm not even that great a mid for my MMR, but when I end up mid against someone who is worse than me, it's immediately apparent.

Techies ruin my rune control when I play mid though. I used to take all the runes, now I am scared and I don't want to spend money in sentries just to get a rune. Even ganking is scary now, a smoke used to be sufficient.

Haunted

Battle Fury is using a classic doubleheaded axe design with curved blades. Losing the shaft and accentuating the gaps doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Using that cosmetic should halve your damage.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why is blade mail the new dumbness on Furion? I mean, blade mail is situationally a great item on a lot of heroes but what is it about Furion that is making this the hot new biz?

Why is blade mail the new dumbness on Furion? I mean, blade mail is situationally a great item on a lot of heroes but what is it about Furion that is making this the hot new biz?

I think the idea is that he's ready to fight at a much earlier part of the game.

People won't have BKBs, so either that start hitting themselves or they ignore furion in a team fight, which allows him to right click away.

dmshaposv

How do you guys build in ARDM?

i just get generic items like phase, drums and blink and then build depending on how our team is doing.

Most people rush dagons but there was that one game I spawned as WK and went to town with double hyperstones, aegis and the above three mentioned items.

I mean, what is that weapon even supposed to be. Some sort of shaftless bladey axe thing? Seems like you could neither get much force behind your blows or cut particularly well with it.

Let's try to avoid the jRPG pizza cutter sword route and be sensible with our weapon designs here.

LusoClemens.jpg

Yeah, I'd rather use one of PA's more practical weapons

Hell%27s_Guide_ambient.gif

I use the twinblade, so sleek.

BHK3

Banned
What are your predictions for the next few months? Excluding diretide and wraith night, with Techies finally out of the way we can focus on REAL content now guys! All the heros left are relatively unknown even for people that played Dota 1 as many people transitioned over during that era. Plus with currently 6 heros not in captains mode, it'll be very interesting to see where the meta will go with 6.82 on the horizon. I really wanna see brood, I think she's not that bad aside from the most awkward laning in the game.

Shadow fiend Remodel + Arcana.

Legion Commander, Terrorblade, Possibly Pheonix added into Captains mode

Pit Lord Added. This to me is a stretch, he hasn't been touched balance wise in years since 6.75 while oracle and warden have had constant balance updates. But it fits with the spooky scary demon theme they can do for diretide, as well as possibly bring back the foulfell shard junk gems they did for wraithnight so who knows. He would have to come with 6.82 because they can then do what they did with new bloom for phoenix and TB by having him in the changelog, nothing since 6.75 is really fishy.

Dormant 2014 Compendium Gem becomes active = 6 new emoticons added for compedium owners(or like 3 in reality, not many people went above level 50. I'm still trying to scrounge up to level 100.)

In terms of cosmetics, I'm not sure how they'll spread it out if they will at all but I expect voids model to be with shadow fiends new model so we still technically get a 3 hero update. Spectres new voice pack I think will be the last thing we get, so during wraithnight since they have to call in her actress and write new dialogue and stuff. Base hats I'm not sure, I always forget that was even a goal, probably for wraithnight as well if they don't add a new hero, I doubt they will personally. Kunkka's Arcana would be good for wraithnight too, just fill it with hats to make up for no hero. I really don't expect Wyvern this year, pit lord and that's it till new bloom.

I have no clue what they could even do for kunkkas arcana to be worth anything, the boat is nice and what I've been waiting for though. But you can already have like 2-3 different torrents, a different X mark, effects for tidebringer and the immortal giving it a animation, what can they even add at this point? Lina's Arcana needs a serious update as cheap sets like ES's set completely eclipse hers. Techies Arcana is all new particles which is nice I guess, but they need to re-work the gem system if they continue this prismatic nonsense where we have to get expensive gems and lose the original. It's gonna be weird as hell seeing a blue or green shadow fiend if they keep the prismatic thing for him.

Haunted

i just get generic items like phase, drums and blink and then build depending on how our team is doing.

Most people rush dagons but there was that one game I spawned as WK and went to town with double hyperstones, aegis and the above three mentioned items.
Utility items all day erry day.

Also build auras. Basilius/Aquila, AC etc

Arksy

People instant picking techis has lost me about 400mmr....

Fuck techis...Is there a banning draft in dota 2? Or some method I can play the game without anyone ruining the matches by picking him?

Zeknurn

Brewmaster that doesn't micro or use the abilities of the aspects at all.
Bounty Hunter while building a battlefury said he doesn't need to use track because we got vision from the Bloodseeker passive.
Silencer in a bought cosmetics set that doesn't use Global Silence until after team fights every time.

Oh well, at least the Bloodseeker knew what he was doing. 1 out of 4 isn't too bad right?

>Game is hard.

elyetis

People instant picking techis has lost me about 400mmr....

Fuck techis...Is there a banning draft in dota 2? Or some method I can play the game without anyone ruining the matches by picking him?
In the long go you are more likely to fight him than having him in your own team ( given you are not picking him yourself ).

But to answer you, pretty much every game mode other than All pick, CM probably being the best for that I guess.

Arksy

In the long go you are more likely to fight him than having him in your own team ( given you are not picking him yourself ).

But to answer you, pretty much every game mode other than All pick, CM probably being the best for that I guess.

No AR or SD for ranked? The hell?

Acinixys

So far I'd just say wagamama

w33 is also a pretty sick Techies

38% with alchemist out of 78 games, boom. Like 30 of them were prior to 6.79 though. I fucking hate modern alchemist. +700 health and the 7 second countdown stun made the character a whole hell of a lot better than he is now.

Old Alchemist was pretty OP man. Icefrog has slowly been nerfing all GIVE X AMMOUNT OF HP skills because its not fun to play against (See Lycan/Alchemist). Trying to burst down an Alchmist with his ult regen AND his extra 700 HP was a nightmare

Just a reminder.
XrAwsmb.jpg

Towers start with 20 armour and gain 1 a minute until they cap at 50

Treads + Blink + Aghs = win

Razzer

I don't see why people are still speculating about that picture. Bounch just said explicitly what it is. (and Matt too now)

kvk1

Steve, I want to send you a friend request.

But I kind of don't want to ruin your #420MLGnoscope number of friends.

C8hjba4.jpg

What do.

Been playing Legion Commander mid for two weeks straight now. This hero wins virtually any match up that's not Razor or TA. I usually draw even with Viper. Invoker, Pudge, Zeus and the likes get rekt so bad in lane, I make the enemy mid abandon in like 20% of all games at 4k MMR.

Holy shit, if LC mid ever becomes a thing in pubs. People have no idea what's brewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom