• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing Legion Commander mid for two weeks straight now. This hero wins virtually any match up that's not Razor or TA. I usually draw even with Viper. Invoker, Pudge, Zeus and the likes get rekt so bad in lane, I make the enemy mid abandon in like 20% of all games at 4k MMR.

Holy shit, if LC mid ever becomes a thing in pubs. People have no idea what's brewing.

Hmmm... care to share some tips?
I usually play jungle LC, but it's so boring for the first 5 minutes of the game.

Steve, I want to send you a friend request.

But I kind of don't want to ruin your #420MLGnoscope number of friends.

C8hjba4.jpg

What do.
It's actually at 420 because I'm capped out right now :O

I'll make some space tonight and then we'll play.

Razzer

I usually play jungle LC, but it's so boring for the first 5 minutes of the game.

Yeah, don't jungle. It sucks. When going mid, max overwhelming odds first. With a bottle you can dominate the lane by catching your opponent in it. Bear in mind that you will leave the ranged creep in deny range at higher levels though. This also gives you good wave clear for rune control. Other than that, she's not too dissimilar to most melee mids. Oh, and remember you have a purging spell, so if someone goes on you with a long non stun effect, you can bait them in, purge it and manfight them. Get a blink after brown boots, then from there it's pretty standard LC.

Just played another one where I bullied an Abaddon mid at 4k:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/883350855

You basically spam your Q whenever the enemy mid is among creeps. If they are not within their tower range, you right click them once or twice as well, because you get increased movement speed.
With LC, you'll usually have lane and rune control, which is why you'll never run out of resources. Eventually, you'll whittle the enemy mid down unless he or she bottle crows like crazy. You might wanna check out the laning stage in that replay. That's how it usually goes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It was deathmatch. All our builds were dumb.

Hylian7

Pudge can basically walk over a 4-stack of mines early game and not die. Techies does absolutely nothing to shut Pudge down.
Even with no Flesh Heap? I just feel like the composite damage would still hurt at the very least. On top of that I feel like I see NP and Broodmother deal with him much better.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
First game as Techies last night. Suicide was pretty good, especially in the early game, but I struggled with figuring out where to place mines. Any tips?

Yeah, don't jungle. It sucks. When going mid, max overwhelming odds first. With a bottle you can dominate the lane by catching your opponent in it. Bear in mind that you will leave the ranged creep in deny range at higher levels though. This also gives you good wave clear for rune control. Other than that, she's not too dissimilar to most melee mids. Oh, and remember you have a purging spell, so if someone goes on you with a long non stun effect, you can bait them in, purge it and manfight them. Get a blink after brown boots, then from there it's pretty standard LC.

Just played another one where I bullied an Abaddon mid at 4k:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/883350855

You basically spam your Q whenever the enemy mid is among creeps. If they are not within their tower range, you right click them once or twice as well, because you get increased movement speed.
With LC, you'll usually have lane and rune control, which is why you'll never run out of resources. Eventually, you'll whittle the enemy mid down unless he or she bottle crows like crazy. You might wanna check out the laning stage in that replay. That's how it usually goes.

Thanks! Next time, I'm going with LC mid.

Razzer

Oh shit, my all hero challenge is over.

Got Broodmother. :(

She's not as bad as people make out. Suffers from must have good team syndrome, as bad players won't let you have the lane to yourself, but she's a strong hero. If she got added to CM as is she could be a good pick.

TUSR

Banned
She's not as bad as people make out. Suffers from must have good team syndrome, as bad players won't let you have the lane to yourself, but she's a strong hero. If she got added to CM as is she could be a good pick.

i had an AP game where our trilane fed a BM

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh shit, my all hero challenge is over.

Got Broodmother. :(

Take her mid

I'm not joking. Take her mid, and buy your own sentries constantly. I have a friend who's great at this. A lot of the time the enemy team writes it off and doesn't pay attention and then suddenly at the 15 minute mark she's knocking on their T3s

Hylian7

Io in a pub game is worse, and that is my first hero on my AHC. It will take either a 5 stack or an extremely stacked draft to win (Io, Void, Tinker, some good supports).

Kade

Anyone from DotaGAF getting Destiny on PS4? I'll probably be playing that until my new video card arrives. My PSN ID is in my profile.

inkls

I honestly think the "techies will ruin MM" thing was overrated.

That message was spammed so much I think every pub player and their mother knew that they needed to buy sentries and gems vs techies when they came out. I've seen more of those two items than versus all invis team comps.

That message was spammed so much I think every pub player and their mother knew that they needed to buy sentries and gems vs techies when they came out. I've seen more of those two items than versus all invis team comps.

Or use Zeus.

Zeus is so much fun to use against Techies.

Jex

Been playing Legion Commander mid for two weeks straight now. This hero wins virtually any match up that's not Razor or TA. I usually draw even with Viper. Invoker, Pudge, Zeus and the likes get rekt so bad in lane, I make the enemy mid abandon in like 20% of all games at 4k MMR.

Holy shit, if LC mid ever becomes a thing in pubs. People have no idea what's brewing.

I've been trying to her out there lately and people really don't understand the amount of damage Overwhelming Odds does, probably because all LC's go Jungle. It's pretty fun.

Acinixys

I've been trying to her out there lately and people really don't understand the amount of damage Overwhelming Odds does, probably because all LC's go Jungle. It's pretty fun.

The 1st creep wave is always the best with LC mid

The enemy mid will ALWAYS run into all of them to last hit, so you can OO and leave them with only 1/2 HP

The 1st creep wave is always the best with LC mid

The enemy mid will ALWAYS run into all of them to last hit, so you can OO and leave them with only 1/2 HP

lmao that's exactly what I do. I creep block well, then I OO them with the 1st wave, move in front of them with my superior movement speed as they try to run and hit them down to <50% HP. I had a Zeus almost die to that first barrage of OO + right clicks. That immediately establishes who's the boss in this lane. You can also do this against Viper. Trading hits efficiently against LC is so tough.

LC also ENTIRELY shits on Bloodseeker mid. I had a BS tell me he had the most miserable mid lane in his life against my LC. That hero can't do shit in lane against LC.

Granted though, I think LC isn't exactly one of the easiest carries to play. I don't know if she's appropriate to get out of 2k trench but when you're comfortable with a lot of actives (OO, PtA, Armlet, BKB, Blade Mail, Blink, Mjollnir and so forth), everybody should give her a shot.

Kalnos

Banned

Definitely overrated.

Techies/Pudge offlane is the hilarious though. Particularly on Radiant.

inkls

Or use Zeus.

Zeus is so much fun to use against Techies.

Zeus is fun against most heroes. CAN'T RUN FROM HEAVEN.

Definitely overrated.

Techies/Pudge offlane is the hilarious though. Particularly on Radiant.

Techies solo offlane is decent tho. He seems best either mid or offlane otherwise he takes too long to get his levels and I've seen alot of game where techies became irrelevant because they spent too much time out of xp range planting mines that got dewarded so he got nothing out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom