• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
She falls on the late game off a cliff, Brew is like that too, but at least he is tanky.

Phew, so it's not just me :p

Ended up just using her scream ability and movement speed (with blink ability)to try and push all 3 lanes and keep the other team occupied while my 4 teammates pushed the base

Wonder if it makes sense to buy a blink dagger as well so you can essentially blink constantly and move around the map at huge speed

Nirvana

Phew, so it's not just me :p

Ended up just using her scream ability and movement speed (with blink ability)to try and push all 3 lanes and keep the other team occupied while my 4 teammates pushed the base

Wonder if it makes sense to buy a blink dagger as well so you can essentially blink constantly and move around the map at huge speed

I think she's ok late game, but she requires lots of items like Sheep, Linkens, BKB etc. If you're getting silenced and Zeus is shitting on you, then BKB is an obvious choice. Due to the way you position the hero it's is really effective on her, because you generally don't take that much physical damage in teamfights anyway, but you avoid being fucked over by sheeps/silences/nukes etc.

Her damage does become trash in the late game though, but you can actually build damage on her and she hits reasonably hard. Skadi is decent on her, and I've seen the odd maelstrom here and there, or possibly even Deso if you're split pushing.

I think she's ok late game, but she requires lots of items like Sheep, Linkens, BKB etc. If you're getting silenced and Zeus is shitting on you, then BKB is an obvious choice. Due to the way you position the hero it's is really effective on her, because you generally don't take that much physical damage in teamfights anyway, but you avoid being fucked over by sheeps/silences/nukes etc.

Her damage does become trash in the late game though, but you can actually build damage on her and she hits reasonably hard. Skadi is decent on her, and I've seen the odd maelstrom here and there, or possibly even Deso if you're split pushing.

Whenever I buy a BKB I forget I've got it :p

Getting better at handling Actives though, can manage 3 active abilities and 3 active items

Techies

People really need to learn how to play with Techies I was doing great in my last game but my team kept manfighting with my mines literally inches away and didn't bother leading them into 1200+ damage and a 6 second stun even though I was pinging the shit out of them.

Fucking dummies tho.

Sometime the opposite happens, when they keep trying to lead them into mines meant for escape and ganks even though everyone at full health.

They just end up leading creeps into it or give away their position. The best way to catch out someone is to pretend they do not exist. Also planting that sign near the side shop keeps them out lol.

Zeknurn

Please add fucking concede. It's 18 minutes in. Naga on their team has drums and radiance. They have taken all the towers and we can't leave the base. Our three cores have yet to finish their first item. Now I have to sit here for another 30 minutes before they push.

I asked the Meepo if he was good at Meepo, he said yes and went to die 5 times mid to OD. The Weaver got killed several times to a Naga, Silencer safelane.

Holden

Please add fucking concede. It's 18 minutes in. Naga on their team has drums and radiance. They have taken all the towers and we can't leave the base. Our three cores have yet to finish their first item. Now I have to sit here for another 30 minutes before they push.

No

Acinixys

Laned with him? Let him go safelane instead and put the Razor mid?

Please tell me why I should be punished for 30 minutes instead of just letting me leave and go have fun in this video game?

There is a concede option

Its called abandoning

Anyway why would you stay in the game if youre getting camped? I tab out and browse the net or play Hearthstone

If you sit in the game for 30 mins feeling miserable you have no one to blame but your self

Razzer

Always remember that you can tp and smoke into the jungle to hide. People never (or very very rarely) go out looking for you. And if you have enough money for it, you can sell all your items, buy a blink and just blink off the map. I'd still like them to put a highground inside fountain though, it would solve a lot of problems.

DarkKyo

I'm having so much fun with Techies and I never, ever thought I would like him before he got added. I'm finding myself playing as him every damn match now(and winning a lot of MMR games with him)!

Randdalf

I'm having so much fun with Techies and I never, ever thought I would like him before he got added. I'm finding myself playing as him every damn match now(and winning a lot of MMR games with him)!

Ye the hero is fun, I'm trending towards a 50% win rate on him. Think I'm going to play some solo ranked games with him. If you get some good traps up early game you can make the enemy team so scared. Played against an Elder Titan yesterday who was constantly walking into my mines, he had basically no good items by the end of the game.

Kreunt

Banned
Please tell me why I should be punished for 30 minutes instead of just letting me leave and go have fun in this video game?

Because all you're doing by giving people an option to concede is creating another way for shitheads to be toxic.

Fezan

I never quit games even tough if our team is getting moped. I just get relaxed and try to experiment with different items. People sometimes forget its a game and you are here to enjoy it. Just get smoke go to jungle farm push lanes a lil get back and if all of enemy team is attacking your tower go to other lane with tp and destroy the tower. Some times this also happen that people feel so dominating that they don't finish game fast and let your carry get farm and end up losing match. I myself have won such matches and even lost some

pompidu

I asked the Meepo if he was good at Meepo, he said yes and went to die 5 times mid to OD. The Weaver got killed several times to a Naga, Silencer safelane.

Its annoying yes. Buy blink and smoke. Go to jungle kill a creep, blink into the woods. Come back 4 mins later, kill jungle creep, blink into woods. Annoying as all hell. but valve is nver gonna fix fountain farming issues.

When the game is obviously lost, I sell my stuff, buy a Blink Dagger and a smoke and blink into the enemy base and kill the courier when they fly it out right in front of their fountain. Sometimes, I blink smoke with 2 or 3 people into the trees next to the enemy fountain (you gotta place a ward in front of the fountain ideally) and kill one or two who port back to get stuff or heal up. It's pretty hilarious when you surprisingly jump them in their own fucking base after they rekt you for half an hour.

Also, when you're Wisp, get a Blink Dager, relocate feeders into 5 enemy heroes and blink TP away immeditately.

Zeknurn

There is a concede option

Its called abandoning

Anyway why would you stay in the game if youre getting camped? I tab out and browse the net or play Hearthstone

If you sit in the game for 30 mins feeling miserable you have no one to blame but your self

You don't think it's absurd to suggest that you should tab out and play another game while waiting for the actual game you're trying to play to end? That's almost like energy meters in f2p games.

Also, abandoning is not a solution because it punishes you even more for some dumb reason.

Always remember that you can tp and smoke into the jungle to hide. People never (or very very rarely) go out looking for you. And if you have enough money for it, you can sell all your items, buy a blink and just blink off the map. I'd still like them to put a highground inside fountain though, it would solve a lot of problems.

Fountain camping in pub games is so rare that it isn't really a problem and as you said you can easily avoid it. The problem is when the other team is reluctant to push and just roam around farming while picking your team off if they dare to leave the base to get any farm.

Because all you're doing by giving people an option to concede is creating another way for shitheads to be toxic.

There are multiple tools to combat people being toxic.

I never quit games even tough if our team is getting moped. I just get relaxed and try to experiment with different items. People sometimes forget its a game and you are here to enjoy it. Just get smoke go to jungle farm push lanes a lil get back and if all of enemy team is attacking your tower go to other lane with tp and destroy the tower. Some times this also happen that people feel so dominating that they don't finish game fast and let your carry get farm and end up losing match. I myself have won such matches and even lost some

I usually do this but it almost never leads to anything other than my team continuing to throw themselves at the enemy team. While they ping me like hell and whine that I wasn't there with them to die.

Its annoying yes. Buy blink and smoke. Go to jungle kill a creep, blink into the woods. Come back 4 mins later, kill jungle creep, blink into woods. Annoying as all hell. but valve is nver gonna fix fountain farming issues.

I do wonder if any potential fountain map redesigns to combat fountain camping got stuck with the Rosh pit redesign that never happened. It seems weird that we haven't seen any considerable changes to the map since the Dota 2 beta began when the hero part gets regular balance changes. But it's no point to speculate since Valve hasn't acknowledged if they even think fountain camping is a problem.

Oh well, I'm watching SingSing stream instead.

Fezan

I usually do this but it almost never leads to anything other than my team continuing to throw themselves at the enemy team. While they ping me like hell and whine that I wasn't there with them to die.

At that moment just ignore them or mute them and enjoy your game. Try get new unusual builds. This is the same issues i faced because i usually play alone . Before i would get all raged and call every one Russian now i just enjoy game. I once made a level 5 dagon on barathrum in this way and was able to drop their divine guy :p

Acinixys

You don't think it's absurd to suggest that you should tab out and play another game while waiting for the actual game you're trying to play to end? That's almost like energy meters in f2p games.

Ok Zek

Here are your options

1) Have fun in 99% of your game and watch Youtube or something during the camping that happens in 1% of the games

2) Vavle adds concede and EVERY game there will be at least 2 complete tards crying to concede 2 minutes in be cause your mid died to a well executed gank, and every game will be runied because people will feed themselves/couriers or AFK in the fountian because you didnt concede like they wanted

I've actually never seen a tier 2 tower taken in 3v3 in league out of like the ten times I've played it because the concedes come out right after the tier 1s fall.

The game also decides to put me against challenger people as well so that matchmaking is busted.

Kade

Je suis le Il es Mardi. Je mappele Kade. Tu es un chien.

This is what I remember from 8 years of forced French classes. Useless language.

EDIT: "I am the Tuesday" lol.

raxEHlV.png
Quickly, post Jugg.

Randdalf

Je suis le Il es Mardi. Je mappele Kade. Tu es un chien.

This is what I remember from 8 years of forced French classes. Useless language.

EDIT: "I am the Tuesday" lol.

Whenever we got asked questions by our teacher in German class, our answers were basically always of the form:

Ich spiele fussball.

Ich habe fussball gespielt.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can confirm that if a concede option were put in the game I would use it to troll my teammates after they died.

elyetis

i learned enough of that in high school
But learning a foreign language in high school mean you should have a perfect grammar. I just heard it's pretty much the same as not hearing about the first world war in history class.

On topic : I would also troll every game with concede just like I can abuse report right now.

domstah

I don't think that anyone should be able to concede - even pro teams.

I was on a team last night that at 15 minutes was getting all tilty and all chatting "GG" because they died a few times and lost two of our tier 2s, then we refocused and manned up and started to play as a team and came back to crush them - if there was a concede option I'm sure 3 of the guys on the team would have done it.

It sucks to get crushed and fountain farmed, but I'd rather have that than have scrublords try and decide when the game's over. The TI4 finals might have been interesting if there was no "GG" for pros too.

Techies

It's kinda dumb when your completely dominating the enemy and they go "end fast". At that point neither team wants to play anymore yet they are forced to.
At that point everyone jokes about "forfeit" and pretend to -ff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom