• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Demiheroes are back in stock: http://store.valvesoftware.com/
http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?g=10
PSA!!!!

Waifuranger bow is back in stock too
top5.jpg

http://www.teamliquid.net/store/us/teamliquid/t-shirts/windranger-t-shirt

shira

Isn't the bow worth like 250???

"Limit five shirts per customer. Multiple orders will be cancelled."

Seems like they got 1000 codes from Valve

Yeah... this is what I'm seeing on the community market. No way it will actually sell? Lowest one up is ~220 USD but who the hell would actually drop money on that when you can just get the shirt?

The shirts were extremely limited. There was only 200 or something at TI4 and that Singaporean guy bought at least 50. Then they had a limtied run of 200 last month. So only about 400 existed. Also Chinese customers have a very difficult time getting word of TL's sales and TI4 purchases.

So someone explain this to me... the demiheroes come with a Genuine Trove Cask, right? And that means any item opened from it will also be Genuine?

Pratfall

Yeah... this is what I'm seeing on the community market. No way it will actually sell? Lowest one up is ~220 USD but who the hell would actually drop money on that when you can just get the shirt?

The graph shows ones that actually sold. As long as the Tshirt is limited quantity and it is the only way to get the bow the price will stay inflated. Am I missing something?

I snapped one up anyway. I kinda like the shirt and I love WR, maybe I will just sell the bow for mad money. Hopefully the price doesn't deflate too much.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Mordeccai

Dammit, just bought the shirt. I couldn't leave the potential for ~$100 steam bux just lying on the table (accounting for the new influx of bows and what not). I'll just give the shirt to my sister or something.

shira

Ok, that should hopefully take the edge off the price. That Bow was worth so damn much because the shirt nearly sold out at the pre-TI4 VIP Day. I wish the shirt actually looked good though.
I wish the bow actually looked good.

Mordeccai

the polo shirts are such a let down. the quality of them is terrible and they have different color material on the shirts. which is misleading and makes the shirt look even cheaper

Yeah I bought the tidehunter polo a few months ago when it was on sale on thinkgeek. The polo itself is pretty shit. Uncomfortable material and the actual tidehunter stitching doesn't look very good.

Then I opened the luckbox instead of selling it pure and got the damn Alch prisoner anchor. I was very disappoint that day.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok I got the shirt
bow
. Not really interested in the demiheroes anymore I guess.

They are nice decorations, not really a bad buy. The digital item isn't worth much though, like $7 unless you can get a gold one (And then if you get like a gold Doom or CM you have to buy another Demi-hero since they look so bad without the colors)

Mordeccai

Damn it. I don't need to see this kinda stuff. Experiencing a moral quandary at the moment.
cry.gif

Look at this way:

If the price of the bow remains above $30, you're getting free steam bucks. If it stays much higher than $30, you're getting a few free Arcanas plus a few games for the Thanksgiving/Winter sale.

I'm not evil I swear.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Most likely scenario: Bow drops to $35, gets you $29.75 in steambucks after the steam tax, which is less then the shirt, but at least you got a free shirt
that looks really bad and you will likely never wear unless you go to a Dota Tournament

Haunted

The only tolerable Dota shirt designs I've seen in the shop at ESL One were the logo and the shitty wizard.

I just played a game with Pflax and immediately placed a ward in base when I confused the ctrl and alt keys. Never have I felt such shame.
:lol

I had a similar feeling the first time I played with Crispy, you really don't want to fuck up when you're playing with someone you usually only see/hear on stream and find entertaining. It gets better with time.

TUSR

Banned
Hi TUSR!
Thank you for your recent order from the Team Liquid store. This email confirms that we have received your order successfully.

Order ID:
(Track your order: )

Items Ordered:
DOTA2WR-LARGE: Windranger T-Shirt with Rainmaker x 1

neat

Pratfall

Most likely scenario: Bow drops to $35, gets you $29.75 in steambucks after the steam tax, which is less then the shirt, but at least you got a free shirt
that looks really bad and you will likely never wear unless you go to a Dota Tournament

buzzkill

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How can anybody hate Alliance. They're inconsistent as hell with their wins but they're so consistent with their late game shenanigans.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Look at this way:

If the price of the bow remains above $30, you're getting free steam bucks. If it stays much higher than $30, you're getting a few free Arcanas plus a few games for the Thanksgiving/Winter sale.

I'm not evil I swear.

Price on the steam market already plummeting (as expected) just based on it being available again. No doubt it will stay higher than $30 but I don't wear nerd shirts so buying this would literally be just like putting money into my steam wallet and I don't really need money in my wallet that bad.

On the other hand, I'm kiiiinda thinking about getting a Tiny demi, that way at least I'd have a fun trinket of one of my favorite heroes for my desk, but the potential hat payout on that is way more unpredictable and I hate playing these hat gambles with Valve because I feel like it's letting them win a little too much. It's probably fickle and baseless but I feel like spending my Dota budget on known quantities at least affords me a feeling like I'm in control. This is why I've had such a hard time adjusting to all the gambling on chests to get sets rather than buying them off the store. I'd rather the creator of a set I want get my money directly without having to spend $30 on keys opening chests until I get that ONE set I wanted...

kvk1

I had no idea the Air Force Reserve was a sponsor for C9.

I wonder if my MMR is high enough to join the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom