• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

10 years since gd show
SLx19c3.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You know what sucks? Aside from a few assorted event weapons there hasn't been any Omni hats since 2012. 2012 when all hats were boring, samey, marginal variations on a hero's base model.

For as often as we get the dreaded hat patches, I feel like there are way too many heroes that are totally neglected. Imagine if all heroes got hat love on the level of the Dragon's Ascension set for DK, or Pudge's Black Death.

dmshaposv

I wish the community would stop fucking voting for chaos knight. The hero isn't even that popular yet there is an item set for him every other treasure patch.

The "Mega ultra super epic volvo please add this and give me one!" clowns make my blood boil.

manfestival

My Jugg is the Exiled Ronin set with the only good Jugg sword in the game. Back before every damn newfangled set had custom particles and spell icons and evolved from watching Zyori-casted games.

I have that sword and I have always loved it. especially for a common, its just so good compared to most swords but then I ended up with
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Grand_Claive_of_the_Unshamed
and I love how much more presence the sword has. Green lightsaber forever has a spot in my heart though.

I love how my jugg looks but im at work so I cant hop onto dota 2 to take a picture :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just playing around on dotahattery, I like this set up.

Cudrhcc.png

Dollar+ for the pants cause they're from a ticket exclusive set. I hate when that happens.

ed: how about this one

AyYmEpD.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish the community would stop fucking voting for chaos knight. The hero isn't even that popular yet there is an item set for him every other treasure patch.

The "Mega ultra super epic volvo please add this and give me one!" clowns make my blood boil.
He doesn't really get a bunch of high vote items, he does get a lot of stuff made for him.

manfestival

oh thanks for the link liquid

CGs2Ylm.jpg

This right here is how my jugg looks

These are all from random findings and nothing paid for too :D
I have other nice pieces for him like the green lightsaber but that was one of my first items in the game so i needed a different look

Ketch

I think a concede option could be well implemented.

I think the game is smart enough to know when you're being fountain farmed. When 3 or 4 people die the second they respawn multiple times in a row.

Or the entire enemy team is in your base for so long but none of them are attacking buildings.

I think the way to do it is not to let the players decide when to GG but the game just pops up the option when it knows your chances to come back are less then 10% or whatever.

You could say people would game the system and sit in fountain or whatever but people already do the dumbest shit to through games anyway.

Even if the option only saves 5 minutes at the end of match it will still be better, and I think it would keep people playing more games on average. Nobody wants to play another game after getting fountain farmed for 5 minutes.

Also, to the gaffers who do this shit: fuck you. Go join Thacker in douchebag land.

tehh4ck3r

Neo Member
the problem with a concede option is that way too many people give up super early, ive been in plenty of games where my team could have won if someone didnt decide to give up after one bad teamfight

You know what sucks? Aside from a few assorted event weapons there hasn't been any Omni hats since 2012. 2012 when all hats were boring, samey, marginal variations on a hero's base model.

For as often as we get the dreaded hat patches, I feel like there are way too many heroes that are totally neglected. Imagine if all heroes got hat love on the level of the Dragon's Ascension set for DK, or Pudge's Black Death.

Lich too. He's a popular hero, especially for newbies, but he only has 3 sets. Valve need to get that cosmetic love in players while they're still new, giff sweet lich sets.

LiQuid!

Lich too. He's a popular hero, especially for newbies, but he only has 3 sets. Valve need to get that cosmetic love in players while they're still new, giff sweet lich sets.

At least Lich has the Ice Jesus set which is one of the best sets of all time. Omni has like half dozen sets but they're all trash.

elyetis

I think concede would only work if it was like reports and you only got a limited number of calls a week.
Yup.

And report ( and allowed 'afk time' too ? ) on someone who tried to concede but the vote failed, could hold more 'power'. So it would be easier to punish someone who feed because his vote didn't go as he expected.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A post on reddit says Apple just announced an ios moba game developed in house, bit surprised there is no topic about it on gaming yet.

Razzer

Good gaf players, who wins in ET vs Tide 1v1? I kinda imagine it's a wash.

Edit: Lol that wipe. Walked straight into it.

sixghost

Clairvoyance always sounds like he's gearing up to say something extremely profound, and then he just points out something super obvious.

inkls

Clairvoyance always sounds like he's gearing up to say something extremely profound, and then he just points out something super obvious.

I'd like to see a caster with a wildcard type of casting where you never know where he's gonna end up.

Bad7667

For me he's my least favourite caster. He always seems to disagree with anything the players do.

I wish Synderen would do more games.

tehh4ck3r

Neo Member
For me he's my least favourite caster. He always seems to disagree with anything the players do.

I wish Synderen would do more games.

having him and bulba on the same skype call is hilarious. they spend more time flaming each other than actually talking about anything relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom