• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Dog

Bought myself a slark demi and a few of those blindbox microplushes. Here's hoping for a gold slark and a good ol' Hwytty!

shira

Bought myself a slark demi and a few of those blindbox microplushes. Here's hoping for a gold slark and a good ol' Hwytty!

Unbox on stream dog. Share da tears
cry.gif
or golds
surprise.gif

Zeknurn

Ok Zek

Here are your options

1) Have fun in 99% of your game and watch Youtube or something during the camping that happens in 1% of the games

2) Vavle adds concede and EVERY game there will be at least 2 complete tards crying to concede 2 minutes in be cause your mid died to a well executed gank, and every game will be runied because people will feed themselves/couriers or AFK in the fountian because you didnt concede like they wanted

Ok. I'm currently in a game where a Tidehunter that ruined my lane by autoattacking creeps went to mid and gave up first blood to a SF. After 4 minutes he started to run around using Ravage on nothing, intentionally feeding and mocking our team in all chat. The game has gone on for 28minutes and the other team isn't pushing.

I'll go with option b because it sure as hell isn't 1% it's more like 30%.

edit: Game ended after 40 minutes. So that's 36 minutes wasted. At least he got reported by people on both teams. That's great right?

Ketch

or option 3) Valve adds a smart system that only lets you concede in the 1% of the games where you're being camped.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
or option 3) Valve adds a smart system that only lets you concede in the 1% of the games where you're being camped.

Clippy the paperclip pops up on the screen. "You appear to be getting fountain camped. Would you like to invoke a CONCEDE VOTE?"

Razzer

Ok. I'm currently in a game where a Tidehunter that ruined my lane by autoattacking creeps went to mid and gave up first blood to a SF. After 4 minutes he started to run around using Ravage on nothing, intentionally feeding and mocking our team in all chat. The game has gone on for 28minutes and the other team isn't pushing.

I'll go with option b because it sure as hell isn't 1% it's more like 30%.

edit: Game ended after 40 minutes. So that's 36 minutes wasted. At least he got reported by people on both teams. That's great right?

I've always wondered how unlucky you people must be. I haven't had an incident like this ever in hundreds of games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, did Destiny live up to its hype? It came out today, but things feel a bit quiet to me. I'm wondering if its just going to end up just like Titan Fall.

So, did Destiny live up to its hype? It came out today, but things feel a bit quiet to me. I'm wondering if its just going to end up just like Titan Fall.

a lot of people seemed to sour on it real quick when they realized the rest of the game was exactly like the alpha and beta they had already played and not something that opened up more or was extremely large or long

People seem to be enjoying it, though I got the impressions from watching streams that it's rather.. dry. Seems like an adequate first person lootgrind with great production values, but I don't see it setting the world on fire.

Titanfall was the shit though, I loved that game.

Acinixys

Have any of you played STRIFE?

Watching this TB + Pflax video makes it look like LoL if LoL was made by Pixar to be child friendly

No unit collision so you can run though people
Free courier for everyone
You heal and get mana if you leave combat

dota4lyf

I've always wondered how unlucky you people must be. I haven't had an incident like this ever in hundreds of games.

It has got to be people in the trenches because I have maybe 2-3 of those games for every 100 I play (I'm ranked on the lip of the trenches ~3400). So either most of the people who drag on about these kind of games are very unlucky, in a the trenches, or maybe even the third option--they exhibit the kind of behaviour that provokes people to act like assclowns. I have a friend that tends to have exponentially more shitty games than I do and I assume it's because he treats every player in the game like garbage...

Madouu

huh

no i literally fell asleep during it

but you fell asleep playing the dota tutorial too

i dont think it was that bad.

its not trying to be dota. thought it looked nice enough.

#sozforstrifenotbeinghardcoreenoughforyou

It's okay for what it's trying to be. The game engine and UI are pretty good, the game in itself is not very interesting for most dota or hon players though, lacks the depth.

woodland

Okay question.

Anyone else having trouble updating since techies? I tried installing that and it got stuck at 89%. So I validate the cache or whatever, still doesn't work, and I just reinstall Dota. Fine, I can play.

Next patch on like Monday or whatevs, same thing. Gets stuck at like 59% and won't go any further. I try deleting the 571 files, doing almost everything I can, and nothing. The only thing I didn't do is update the clientregistry.blob since it doesn't show up in my folder. I reinstall again.

Today, I'm trying again and now it's stuck at 59%. This is bullshit. Running Windows 7, never had any problems before, have plenty of space. It just stops at 59% and goes to "Busy Writing to Disk".

Anyone help?

Okay question.

Anyone else having trouble updating since techies? I tried installing that and it got stuck at 89%. So I validate the cache or whatever, still doesn't work, and I just reinstall Dota. Fine, I can play.

Next patch on like Monday or whatevs, same thing. Gets stuck at like 59% and won't go any further. I try deleting the 571 files, doing almost everything I can, and nothing. The only thing I didn't do is update the clientregistry.blob since it doesn't show up in my folder. I reinstall again.

Today, I'm trying again and now it's stuck at 59%. This is bullshit. Running Windows 7, never had any problems before, have plenty of space. It just stops at 59% and goes to "Busy Writing to Disk".

Anyone help?

I think that was the issue I heard changing your download source corrected.

Kioshen

TIL that BoTs cooldown is not shared between Meepos. Would have been helpful to know when I was in that epic bot match with Inkls and Hupsel :(.

The hero is not so bad if you grind through it. I still do stupid stuff but I managed to win mid against hard Viper bot. I even first blooded that sob and broke 1000xpm during that same game. Still haven't tried playing with people yet because I'm not yet comfortable enough in moving meepos around and haven't had time to practice blink poof yet.

Watching Ink Dota pointed me in the right direction at the very least !

Hylian7

Weird situation here, I'm streaming 90s NyxTape vs Travdood's Crew, however there's a problem. The last OBS update broke something and it won't pick up my mic. I've tried everything under the sun. My mic does in fact work, it works everywhere BUT OBS.

I'm streaming anyway, but there will be no caster audio on stream, it's only on Dota TV, so I suggest watching there if you want my audio.

http://www.hitbox.tv/HylianSeven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom