• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentenza

Puck is a known high MMR smurfer. Ruined the vid for me honestly.
Captain America?
Yeah, I remember reading stuff he wrote on reddit about low MMR tiers.
it spoils a bit the fun because you know for a fact that at least one person in game is performing poorly on purpose.
Even if, to be honest, at no point during the match I ever got the impression he had some amazing skill he was hiding on purpose.

Captain America?
Yeah, I remember reading stuff he wrote on reddit about low MMR tiers.
it spoils a bit the fun because you know for a fact that at least one person in game is performing poorly on purpose.
Even if, to be honest, at no point during the match I ever got the impression he had some amazing skill he was hiding on purpose.

He deliberately walked through DS's wall time and time again. Not sure what his actual MMR is but he was clearly throwing on purpose.

Sentenza

He deliberately walked through DS's wall time and time again.
I noticed, and I know who he is.
What I'm saying is that MAYBE I'm massively underestimating his hidden amazing skills, but given some of his reactions during the game I never got the impression that even naturally he belongs to anything more than an absolutely average bracket at most.

inkls

Also regarding storm. What would a six slotted build look like? I'm thinking:

sheep, bots, bloodstone, shiva's, linken's or bkb. What would you get as 6th item assuming you sell orchid lategame since it would fall off I assume (or do you keep it?). What would you get? A bkb/linken's even tho you already have linken's/bkb? Skadi?

Also, in what situation is it better to put points in overload instead of electric vortex so you'd have more burst at lvl 6, but you'd be slowed for an extra second and the remnant damage wouldn't be guaranteed?

Well credit to that Techies player because I had been walking on mines all game without any problems but as soon as I walked on highground at their racks I instantly died.

If the burst does more damage than 400 hp borrowed time will not proc. Same reason lion, Axe, and lina are pretty good vs abaddon. Ult him when he has 500-ish hp and it should instagib him

Just realized I have pretty big win rates on WK and Abaddon, I guess heroes that can be overly aggressive are good for me.

BB, Centaur, Tide are fun.

If you're like me you'll end up initiating even with heroes that have no business doing so.. re: my game as enchantress w/ undying and kunkka on my team.

domstah

OmniKnight is so OP. Played a game last night as OK, support FV in Radiant safe lane, against a Wraith King and a Storm Spirit. Totally lost the lane, harassed super hard - but neither of us died and both managed to reach 6 at around the same time.

FV goes for the chrono, catches both - so I do a heal bomb on him as the chrono disappears - DOUBLE KILL, FIRST BLOOD. Wraith King rage quits and abandons a ranked game.

GG

Razzer

OmniKnight is so OP. Played a game last night as OK, support FV in Radiant safe lane, against a Wraith King and a Storm Spirit. Totally lost the lane, harassed super hard - but neither of us died and both managed to reach 6 at around the same time.

FV goes for the chrono, catches both - so I do a heal bomb on him as the chrono disappears - DOUBLE KILL, FIRST BLOOD. Wraith King rage quits and abandons a ranked game.

GG

Wait, you were getting harassed out by a Storm and a Wraith King?

bbd23

Team secret playing in 10 mins
hush.gif

Quesa

I wanna play techies so bad but I'm having like nerve pains in my wrists so I'm taking a break from pc stuff till i get a wrist rest. It'll also help the instapicking to die down a bit I guess.

Some times you wanna quit after a ton of deaths back to back as everything falls apart. Last night wasn't one of those nights. Was really questioning my radi once I found out bs had one before me.

Dota is good, Dota is life... fuck Dota.

Hupsel

Anyone else play Drow? I started playing her and enjoyed the damage to both heroes and towers, but is it good to build a shadowblade? I usually go power threads, MoM then shadowblade... but thinking about changing it for a yasha or early bkb. Any good tips?

hush.gif

Hylian7

This seems like a smart way to look at hero balance. Especially since Legion is in CM.

In all seriousness, I still don't think FV is the monster everyone makes him out to be. Good and a tad OP? Yeah, definitely.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2fzzd4/my_impressions_of_each_server/

Accurate.

edit: also found interesting the part where he discuss item popularity and builds depending on servers. Apparently US servers are really big on soul rings.

This is kind of true, but holy crap so much racism in the comments!

I think the hardest thing about Dota is mentally dealing with things going wrong. I had a Tinker game a few days ago, they are sitting on me mid, and I wasn't getting my farm. I had 14 minute BoTs and I thought the game was over already. We still won, our side lanes did well enough, and I caught up. I was panicking for a while though, as it was quite easy to. Lucky for me, I didn't have one of those teams that goes "Tinker feed mid, 14 minutes travels, gg ff", but man those kinds of teams are frustrating.

I almost had a guy intentionally feed yesterday because I picked Pudge. We still won.

Also had a really wtf moment in that game yesterday. Morphling has a replicate far away, and Morphling was in trouble, I hooked him out of it, however, the EXACT moment the hook hit, he jumped to the replicate. So the replicate popped, like he went to it, but it brought him to me. I've seen this kind of thing happen with TPs and Pudge Hooks too, this is basically the new fountain hook.

Razzer

PPD when asked about solo supporting:
If your hero is capable of zoning out an offlaner entirely that's almost always the best decision. If not you should pull and increase the experience gap between your safelaner and the offlaner.

Interesting stuff.

Kalnos

Banned
In all seriousness, I still don't think FV is the monster everyone makes him out to be. Good and a tad OP? Yeah, definitely.

I think he needs a slight nerf. The bigger problem for me personally is that he just isn't fun to play against. The only thing more lame than dying to Chrono is Doom and it feels pretty damn close.

inkls

I think the hardest thing about Dota is mentally dealing with things going wrong. I had a Tinker game a few days ago, they are sitting on me mid, and I wasn't getting my farm. I had 14 minute BoTs and I thought the game was over already. We still won, our side lanes did well enough, and I caught up. I was panicking for a while though, as it was quite easy to. Lucky for me, I didn't have one of those teams that goes "Tinker feed mid, 14 minutes travels, gg ff", but man those kinds of teams are frustrating.

I almost had a guy intentionally feed yesterday because I picked Pudge. We still won.

Yeah, also for some weird reason the place people will usually call GG the most is in 5-stacks. Often there's only a gap of less than 10 kills and people on the other team are already calling GG when they have comeback potential and good lategame.

The biggest amount of feeders I've seen were also in 5-stacks. Feeding or trolling teammates they stacked with which completely baffles me since I would assume part of the reason you would stack in the first place would be to avoid this kind of behavior.

Part of people giving up imo is also to spite their teammates because they can be pretty petty (ex: I once played a game as Clinkz where the qop would refuse to pick up the enemy gem because now I would at least "stop stealing kills").

Acinixys

Anyone else play Drow? I started playing her and enjoyed the damage to both heroes and towers, but is it good to build a shadowblade? I usually go power threads, MoM then shadowblade... but thinking about changing it for a yasha or early bkb. Any good tips?

hush.gif

Treads - Yasha - MoM - Manta - Crit

Shadowblade is pretty shit vs anyone with a brain. They will dust you and kill you easily. If you want mobility get Blink or Forcestaff

Thats how I build her

Maybe Dreams can come and give you some tips seeing as hes the Drow guy

my hero <3333

xdMDRTu.png

Fuck no remember when his heal was so broken and EVERY game had tree it and even if they were losing it would take 40 minutes more to finish games because tree would heal all the towers so fast

manfestival

EG is essentially a team of douchebags aside from Zai. I dont understand how they could hate playing with mason since hes so fitting. there has to be more. i love eg for their douchebaggery

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
EG is essentially a team of douchebags aside from Zai. I dont understand how they could hate playing with mason since hes so fitting. there has to be more. i love eg for their douchebaggery

Zai is so awesome.
I like artour cause he's crazy. And props to universe for all the disney love :3

Artanisix

Treads - Yasha - MoM - Manta - Crit

Shadowblade is pretty shit vs anyone with a brain. They will dust you and kill you easily. If you want mobility get Blink or Forcestaff

Thats how I build her

Maybe Dreams can come and give you some tips seeing as hes the Drow guy

Fuck no remember when his heal was so broken and EVERY game had tree it and even if they were losing it would take 40 minutes more to finish games because tree would heal all the towers so fast

it seems you are not aware of what one of my favorite heroes is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom