• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Not really, still only 50% mana regen. If you really want the armor reduction its not bad, but its not going to fix any mana issues.

well with SR it's 100 percent plus the active. I wonder if thats enough because I usually don't feel like I'm good on mana till i get euls

Aselith

With max level proximity mines you can lay out a ton of mines with a regeneration rune if you keep going through the prox > Stasis > remote mines as soon as they come off cooldown before the regen actually runs out.

/sogood

Kreunt

Banned
Just realized I have pretty big win rates on WK and Abaddon, I guess heroes that can be overly aggressive are good for me.

sephi22

why dont people max stun first on techies
Stun first over Q is cray cray. Q helps you farm, helps you kill. Its amazing. Because of your low mana pool you need to minimize how many Qs you put at once to kill, so maxing it makes sense.

Stun over suicide is debatable. Should only be one if you have a setup for stun. If you do, its probably the best stun in the game. If you don't, its crap, since it needs someone to stand on it for fucking eternity to activate. Maxing suicide second makes sure you're killing somebody when you suicide

Carlius

Banned
why does dota do this? u win 8 in a row, you go up in mmr, the higher you go, the dumber the ppl it seems. now am at 5 losses in a row, wtf, shit is really annoying. i had invokers who cant cast one spell, techies who feed, no carry games..this game man, this fucking game.

elyetis

well with SR it's 100 percent plus the active. I wonder if thats enough because I usually don't feel like I'm good on mana till i get euls
Are you going Arcane or Tranquil ? I definitly advise Arcane over Tranquil boots.

But yeah even with SR, Arcane you only really begin to feel ok mana wise once you also have eul. Anyway, your are still better off rushing sage mask + void stone for the eul than going medaillon IMHO.

Wok

why does dota do this? u win 8 in a row, you go up in mmr, the higher you go, the dumber the ppl it seems. now am at 5 losses in a row, wtf, shit is really annoying. i had invokers who cant cast one spell, techies who feed, no carry games..this game man, this fucking game.

It is funny that you wrote this, because this is exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes you get a losing streak for no obvious reason:
TivF0aA.png

Then you finally get your MMR back when this happens:
44LJHFp.png

For a given MMR bracket, there is just too much skill variability.

MMR should be hero-specific, the problem being you get matched up with other players before you choose which hero you are going to play, so hero-specific MMR cannot be implemented.

ojsinnerz

Neo Member
Well, I remember how terrible human beings sometimes play this game. I haven't encountered a person like this in hundreds of games though.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/886701981

So, I was the Mirana, and that guy was WK. The lanes were Doom (played by my friend) and myself in the safe lane, mid Invoker, and Pugna bot. The WK decided to go to mid for a level 1 first blood without any runes or anything. It didn't go well, and he decides to come top. That's where it got really bad.

He complained that he can't farm because the lanes are "screwed up". I told him he could dual lane bottom with Pugna as support wk, do a tri-lane with the two stuns, or even dual lane with Doom going jungle (My friend even rotated to the jungle and told him he'll stay in the jungle). He decided to whine and starts aggressively swearing at me, and decided the best choice of action is to do jungle.

Now, I had to recall my friend back into the lane since I wasn't playing a core Mirana. The WK already put his first skill point into the stun due to the attempted mid kill, and he was obviously having a bad time. I've never seen jungle WK even work anyways. Waaay too inefficient.

He kept complaining about the lanes, and then he'd get himself killed by the Bloodseeker twice because he was low on health. I told him, "Hey, you know he can see you when you're low on health right?", and he keeps swearing at me and says that he's aware of it. The third time he died was so silly. I was warding the bot rune and the new rune spawned top. I told that to the team, and even though he was below half health (and we also had full vision of Bloodseeker middle), he went for it. Surprise, he died.

I just typed, "why", and the FIRST thing he says is that I'm muted.

His complaints went down significantly now, but he didn't play all that well. He would be either too scared to initiate or just yolo in.

I made a lot of mistakes too, but hell, I was the solo support buying everything. I made space by rotating and shooting arrows at people in other lanes. I landed most of the arrows that I intended to hit with. I put in so much effort. My only teamfight contributions were landing arrows and a few right clicks, yet everytime I died to just Techies, the entire team would lose the fight badly. I figured out that by that point, we weren't going to win.

This game is too hard.

inkls

Zip your ass away and wait for it to run out.

yeah, that can be hard when theres a PA, Medusa, LC banging on your rax and taking down your team which is much less mobile.

Also anyone got tips for item progression on storm?

I usually go orchid > treads > bloodstone/linken's > bkb (opt.) > Sheep

What other ways can I build him?

Razzer

yeah, that can be hard when theres a PA, Medusa, LC banging on your rax and taking down your team which is much less mobile.

Also anyone got tips for item progression on storm?

I usually go orchid > treads > bloodstone/linken's > bkb (opt.) > Sheep

What other ways can I build him?

You can try fitting a shivas in there. And I go for treads before Orchid.

inkls

You can try fitting a shivas in there. And I go for treads before Orchid.

The timing window for orchid is what? 16 min? So to make sure I get it ill usually go for it first.

And yeah I didn't include shiva because I haven't been able to build it so far.

I ended up having to play farming carry Juggernaut (so yes, I went Bfury > Deso > Bfly) and I completely forgot that Jugg got his BAT buffed. It actually feels pretty good playing him as primarily a right-clicker.

Pratfall

maybe a weird question and possibly has something to do with my monitor being kinda fucked up, but does anyone elses monitor slip into power saving mode during hero pick? Mine did it 3 times last night but then was fine for the rest of the match.

dmshaposv

Normally I would do the Phase > Drums > Aghs build but I was somehow the main carry.

U would've still fukt up.

Everyone knows jugg needs attack speed items.

Shoul've gone MoM with Blink or Maelstrom with Blink. Then Mael could become a Mjolnir and u still hit hard and fast (even during omnislash).

Zeknurn

So after 9 game loss streak, one that wasn't a complete stomp and 4 that had griefers I finally seem to be winning a game. I only had to stop queueing ranked to get people that aren't actively playing against my own team.

On a sidenote why does Techies mines not activate Borrowed Time?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So after 9 game loss streak, one that wasn't a complete stomp and 4 that had griefers I finally seem to be winning a game. I only had to stop queueing ranked to get people that aren't actively playing against my own team.

On a sidenote why does Techies mines not activate Borrowed Time?

Because fuck you Abbadon

okay abbadon isn't that bad but one of my most fun games ever was as PA just making this abbadon miserable all game because my crit went through his ult

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I still think Techies is a loser hero, but it can be really good at defending pushes after losing a teamfight. It doesn't compensate for the general lack of contribution but it can be massive nuisance.

Zeknurn

Because fuck you Abbadon

okay abbadon isn't that bad but one of my most fun games ever was as PA just making this abbadon miserable all game because my crit went through his ult

Well credit to that Techies player because I had been walking on mines all game without any problems but as soon as I walked on highground at their racks I instantly died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom