• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

rac

Banned
Anyone in here play path of exile? Would you recommend it?

And are there any posts about the funnest builds/classes before I start playing?

edit: fucking new page

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

And are there any posts about the funnest builds/classes before I start playing?

Fun loot game with lots of build customization.

There aren't any classes set in stone since everyone uses the same "sphere grid" skill tree, but different classes starts in different areas of it and have easier access to some parts than others.

Zeth

PoE is fucking awesome. Best arpg period.

guess i wont be installing it then

Doesn't that pretty much define the genre? What are you looking for out of it?

I haven't played in like 6 months, but I really love the game. Had 4-5 lvl ~80 hardcore chars, might have one left, most in default now, lol.

I know they've added a lot recently, but even last year, the league ladders and races were a blast. If you played Diablo 2 you know what I'm talking about.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
PoE has some good ideas, but I don't think the game is all that much fun to play at least at the lower levels. It's also got some bad de-sync that they seem unable to fix.

Haly

I played it around launch, a lot of what I heard is that it was everything Diablo 2 fans wanted Diablo 3 to be, but wasn't. So, if you like Diablo 3 and Blizzard's New World Order approach to game design, PoE is probably not a great choice. Inversely, if you preferred the kinds of complex skill systems common in older games, PoE is much better than Diablo 3.

rac

Banned
PoE is fucking awesome. Best arpg period.

Doesn't that pretty much define the genre? What are you looking for out of it?

I haven't played in like 6 months, but I really love the game. Had 4-5 lvl ~80 hardcore chars, might have one left, most in default now, lol.

I know they've added a lot recently, but even last year, the league ladders and races were a blast. If you played Diablo 2 you know what I'm talking about.

Fight interesting enemies and get to do cool stuff, and collect cool loot. Not really interested in replaying the same areas over and over, unless I'm really impressed by the combat.

I played it around launch, a lot of what I heard is that it was everything Diablo 2 fans wanted Diablo 3 to be, but wasn't. So, if you like Diablo 3 and Blizzard's New World Order approach to game design, PoE is probably not a great choice. Inversely, if you preferred the kinds of complex skill systems common in older games, PoE is much better than Diablo 3.

I've never played D2 but I found D3 fun enough to finish once.

manfestival

poe is ok. I say the current state of diablo 3 is better but then again the game isnt free

Zeth

This is great:

wgKuqEc.jpg

Fight interesting enemies and get to do cool stuff, and collect cool loot. Not really interested in replaying the same areas over and over, unless I'm really impressed by the combat.

I've never played D2 but I found D3 fun enough to finish once.

Might not be for you. I'd recommend it if you were interested in mechanics, learning the nuances, trying different things. If you just want to play through once to "beat it", it's probably not the best choice.

Madouu

wow Zyori way to unhype that godly reaction on doom's bkb.

man alliance is looking so bad right now

They're trying out different things in this very stale meta so they're good by my book, same with denial esports (omni mid too stronk) and navi. I've been enjoying watching these teams games.

Wok

0pJgGLf.png

I buy the rapier on Medusa between 23 and 25 min. The way slahser plays heroes feels just right. This guy is an amazing player.

Haly

How do I get my fucking warrior to walk, I don't know how to Ruby.

EDIT: Why am I putting an exclamation mark at the end of methods what the hell is this.

Red UFO

I finally climbed up to 3k, starting from 1.8k. (Started getting games in the "high" skill bracket according to Dotabuff too.)

You know what changes in your team mates as you climb up? FUCKIN NOTHING. It's still just a complete gamble on how pleasant and competent they are.

Kalnos

Banned
I finally climbed up to 3k, starting from 1.8k. (Started getting games in the "high" skill bracket according to Dotabuff too.)

You know what changes in your team mates as you climb up? FUCKIN NOTHING. It's still just a complete gamble on how pleasant and competent they are.

Yup... my experience is similar up to like 4.2k

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Well, they are at least better at the game, but that doesn't mean they are more pleasant in the slightest.

i have no idea what im doing

like gimme an example here

ive defined it but how do i call it in ruby

what the fuck all i needed was an exclamation mark ruby is the worst

okay i made it through level 3 i am the best at ruby ever

i got to level 8 it just took me 6 hours

also in Ruby, ! or ? are modifiers for methods so for

warrior.walk!

warrior.rest!

warrior is the object

walk and rest are methods defined in actions.rb in the rubywarrior gem
! bang means these methods are going to change the class warrior
? means it will return a boolean value true or false

warrior.feel is used by all the space.methods?

warrior.feel.enemy? feel can be modified by :backward or :forward
so warrior.feel:)backward).enemy?

Programming is hard why didn't i do this shit in college

Acinixys

The trench is infinite

500 MMR and 7000 MMR all have flamers, feeders and total idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom