• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I couldn't care for the choice. If there's no buybacks you go and get that item and try and take the best team fight you can.

It's just so boring watching a team win a great team fight near the enemy base for the others to buy back and completely block any momentum.

Matches go on for far too long these days as well. Competitive matches seem to consistently hit 50 minutes.
I don't really see anything wrong with a 50 minute match. It's normal Dota, are you just trying to eliminate late game entirely?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you're not xXxmlgSCBWgOsUPrOxXx, Beastmaster just becomes a one button hero.

Acinixys

I don't really see anything wrong with a 50 minute match. It's normal Dota, are you just trying to eliminate late game entirely?

I agree I'd rather have intense 6 slotted vs 6 slotted carry battles than boring Chinese TI4 10 min rush strats

PS fuck Twitch watching on MOBILE quality and still getting lag

bbd23

Goblak
facepalm.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not for me.

I put it at 50. Games feel like they hit an hour well often that before. Would love to see the stats on the average length for a competitive match.

remember during ti4 when everyone complained that the games were too short?

also I'm fine with buyback how it is currently, but my ideal would be the hon bb change: you can bb twice at any point in the game, but after that, you're done, that's it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I agree I'd rather have intense 6 slotted vs 6 slotted carry battles than boring Chinese TI4 10 min rush strats

PS fuck Twitch watching on MOBILE quality and still getting lag

and this is why dota needs and usually gets patches every 6 months to "push" the game in a new direction.

Ricing hard carry meta? Icefrog plz
AoE/Magnus meta? Icefrog plz
Split push meta? Icefrog plz
5 man push meta? Icefrog plz

Bottom line - people just love change, not one particular style of play

Razzer

also I'm fine with buyback how it is currently, but my ideal would be the hon bb change: you can bb twice at any point in the game, but after that, you're done, that's it.

Ironically I remember during one of the later games the stats guy pulled up a stat that showed the average TI4 game was longer than the average TI3 game as well. It's all a matter of perception in the end.

I wasn't one of them.

I really like that idea. I said something earlier about having a buyback before 20 minutes and one after 20 minutes.

sixghost

I couldn't care for the choice. If there's no buybacks you go and get that item and try and take the best team fight you can.

It's just so boring watching a team win a great team fight near the enemy base for the others to buy back and completely block any momentum.

Matches go on for far too long these days as well. Competitive matches seem to consistently hit 50 minutes.

No buyback would just push teams even further towards early push strategies. Why would anyone take a game late when one bad teamfight can lose a game no matter how far ahead you are.

No buyback would just push teams even further towards early push strategies. Why would anyone take a game late when one bad teamfight can lose a game no matter how far ahead you are.

Or it might make them more cautious knowing that any mistake during a match could really punish them.

I agree with 2 buybacks at any time.

the punishment you get from teammates if you are bad as pudge is unrivaled. not so interested in that just to advance a meter.

I even played least played and had people bitching at me about hooks.

Wasn't having it.. they also were in least played for all-hero but come the fuck on..

Hylian7

the punishment you get from teammates if you are bad as pudge is unrivaled. not so interested in that just to advance a meter.

Pudge is my next hero, finally I have a chance to show off my $300 in hats I own for him.

I even played least played and had people bitching at me about hooks.

Wasn't having it.. they also were in least played for all-hero but come the fuck on..

Mute button is your friend.

There is absolutely no shame in bringing someone stacked with you to pick Bane or CM.

Kalnos

Banned
Mute button is your friend.

There is absolutely no shame in bringing someone stacked with you to pick Bane or CM.

It's actually preferable really. Why try to hit the incredibly hard hook or Mirana arrow when you can hit a guaranteed one?

Also, I played a game with you yesterday Hylian. It was a pretty good Pudge performance from you.

Hylian7

It's actually preferable really. Why try to hit the incredibly hard hook or Mirana arrow when you can hit a guaranteed one?

Also, I played a game with you yesterday Hylian. It was a pretty good Pudge performance from you.
Exactly, I've seen people give shit like "LOL PUDGE NOOB CAN'T MAEK HOOK WITHOUT BANE HELP!"

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/888430327

I'm guessing the game was this one. Didn't think to make the connection to you at the time. Good match!

Razzer

It was indeed a good post. I do wish that the great supports were more into streaming on Twitch, it can be hard to learn about support that way compared to mid or carry. Only Notail is super popular and he messes around a lot. I've seen PPD streaming a bit, so hopefully he continues.

Pratfall

It was indeed a good post. I do wish that the great supports were more into streaming on Twitch, it can be hard to learn about support that way compared to mid or carry. Only Notail is super popular and he messes around a lot. I've seen PPD streaming a bit, so hopefully he continues.

watching ppd play shadow demon seriously taught me a lot about support movement

buy backs and their usage are strategic

forcing them and keeping track of them are super important

plus its not like theyre cheap a poor buyback is just as likely to lose you a game as a lack of one you just dont see it directly

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
buy backs and their usage are strategic

forcing them and keeping track of them are super important

plus its not like theyre cheap a poor buyback is just as likely to lose you a game as a lack of one you just dont see it directly

I actually wish they were a bit cheaper in the early game, it never feels worth it to do a 10-15 minute buy back.

sixghost

I actually wish they were a bit cheaper in the early game, it never feels worth it to do a 10-15 minute buy back.

Early buybacks are the only ones I ever seem to use. 600 gold to turn a fight 10 or 15 minutes in feels like nothing. It's the 1500+ gold buybacks in late game where it hurts to pull the trigger. A buyback like that kills any sort of momentum you have towards a late game item like a hex as a support.

Acinixys

Early buybacks are the only ones I ever seem to use. 600 gold to turn a fight 10 or 15 minutes in feels like nothing. It's the 1500+ gold buybacks in late game where it hurts to pull the trigger. A buyback like that kills any sort of momentum you have towards a late game item like a hex as a support.

That feel though when you buyback as Spectre use ult and get a rampage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom