• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

do you even do anything as beastmaster except get blink and aghs and stun the carry

You never gone necro book and 4 hotds?

1.jpg

Last chance for the waifuranger shirts only Large size left SOLD OUT :(
http://www.teamliquid.net/store/us/dota2/tshirts/windranger-t-shirt

Dude Abides

Banned
Managed to win my first ever Medusa game last night. Is there any value to getting attack speed items on her to pump out those arrows faster or is it best to just go with agi items at that point?

shira

ohhh so thats what that does?

yeah its time to take it off
It's so good for techies though. Remote mining and suiciding doesn't matter for scumbag techies at all.

I'm too busy spamming :techies: in all chat for max tears

RIP clown9, easy commons

BigAT

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new multikill at all, to flashy.

Yeah, I have found it incredibly distracting at times, to the point it has probably caused me to mess up a couple of things in teamfights as a result. I'm thinking of unequipping it.

Hylian7

Dumb question: why don't they make Windrunner's Shackleshot targetable on trees? I feel like this makes sense, and would be a good buff for her.

I'm not really sure if it's just me not being capable of exalting his latent potential or if Beastmaster is in fact a bit of a useless tosser.

I played him 4 times for the all hero challenge because Dota wasn't counting my wins for whatever reason. Ended up going 31-7-42 over the course of those games. Beastmaster is OP obviously.

Sentenza

I played him 4 times for the all hero challenge because Dota wasn't counting my wins for whatever reason. Ended up going 31-7-42 over the course of those games. Beastmaster is OP obviously.
Eh, it's not really about NOT WINNING when I use it, it's more about having that feeling that it could have been a lot easier using other heroes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm not really sure if it's just me not being capable of exalting his latent potential or if Beastmaster is in fact a bit of a useless tosser.

Beastmaster is a fine hero, but I would love to see him get an overhaul to make him, well, more of Beastmaster. He currently just feels like a generic guy who has one ability that makes two summons

Hylian7

Alliance are finished.

Edit: I'd take buyback out of this game, just ruins good play in my opinion.
Not so sure I agree, for a few reasons.

Removing buyback gives you absolutely no reason not to spend your money before you die. That tactical, yet important decision of "Do I buy item X or save for buyback?" is a good staple of Dota and keeps thing interesting. Maybe you reeeally need that item, where it is worth risking the game if things go south.

The last nerf to buyback is enough, keeps out those "buyback for that sunstrike on that guy that killed me!" plays, and it is generally reserved for "Will I lose the game if I don't buy back now?"

I couldn't care for the choice. If there's no buybacks you go and get that item and try and take the best team fight you can.

It's just so boring watching a team win a great team fight near the enemy base for the others to buy back and completely block any momentum.

Matches go on for far too long these days as well. Competitive matches seem to consistently hit 50 minutes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I couldn't care for the choice. If there's no buybacks you go and get that item and try and take the best team fight you can.

It's just so boring watching a team win a great team fight near the enemy base for the others to buy back and completely block any momentum.

Matches go on for far too long these days as well. Competitive matches seem to consistently hit 50 minutes.

Eh, I'm fine with 50 minute matches, I like Dota best when its in the 35-50 range most of the time. If we're consistently seeing 70 or 20 then I get annoyed

Not for me.

I put it at 50. Games feel like they hit an hour well often that before. Would love to see the stats on the average length for a competitive match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom