• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoon

However, in a vlog Aui did a couple of weeks back I think he said that Fata thinks about the game in the same way as them, which is why they chose him. It could be Sing didn't fit that style as much.

I think it was pretty obvious.It was like sing played a different style on his own.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel storm is weak and a game losing hero in the current meta and patch, my best advice is not to pick him.

If you do, remember he is actually pretty farm dependent, so keep ganking to minimum early game and focus on farming up a core item.

Hylian7

I feel storm is weak and a game losing hero in the current meta and patch, my best advice is not to pick him.

If you do, remember he is actually pretty farm dependent, so keep ganking to minimum early game and focus on farming up a core item.
Dude... What...

Demoli

Storm IS weak on a metagame dominated by Doom and Faceless Void, heroes that straight up hard countering him by offering hard lock down. Skywrath and Shadow Shaman also being everywhere doesn't help either.

You can't insta pick that hero, it's asking for trouble. Wait a bit and if the enemy picks suit thats fine, but if you pick it blindly it's like picking a spectre or medusa or AM, you won't be given much spac and there is a massive pool of popular heroes that can tear you a new one.

shira

got my gold win streak trophy WHOOP WHOOP

uninterested_clap.gif

They shouldn't give trophies for non-ranked.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Needed to unlock Last Hitting Challenge for trophieeeeeeeeeeeez.

ibc12QvhxyBGeU.png

xanavi

Needed to unlock Last Hitting Challenge for trophieeeeeeeeeeeez.

ibc12QvhxyBGeU.png

Let me try to guess what each trophy represents just by looks.

First one is a book, I'm guessing that one has to do with the compendium levels.

Second one is like that amber-fossilized mosquito from Jurassic Park, I'm guessing it's for being a dota archaeologist.

Third looks like pentagonal lipstick, this one is for having a waifu selected and customized.

Fourth is an amorphous gold blob in some branches, you get it for staying in the trees?

Calidor

I can confirm, lost horribly lately with him.

He is sooo weak and gankable early and unlike tinker, can't come back from behind. Other heroes that I like and suck now: QoP of Pain, LD, weaver, Luna and AM

Artanisix

qop: your next spell after bllinking does an addition 100% damage
weaver: hitting 3 units with shukuchi boosts your damage by 100% for 5 seconds
luna: increased booty polygons

Quesa

qop: your next spell after bllinking does an addition 100% damage
weaver: hitting 3 units with shukuchi boosts your damage by 100% for 5 seconds
luna: increased booty polygons

diablo-ass buffs smdh

and we want to buff luna not make her first-ban first pick

Demoli

AM and LD need massive buffs alongside a nerf to the incredibly strong early game heroes like razor, viper, skywrath and rasta before they would bepicked anywhere over tier 3.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

You need >=80 to get the trophy. I think 82 creeps reach mid by 10 minutes, which is a very slim margin of error. Brood gets to farm the jungle for additional CS, although I don't think it's 1:1. I know I ended up with a score of 82 but had a total CS of 107.

inkls

Look at my last 6 storm games:

10/3/14 - Won
20/2/7 - Won
15/8/14 - Lost
9/9/8 - Lost
22/10/11 - Lost
19/7/8 - Lost

I lost mid in 2 of these last 6 games, I usually got to 3-5 kills before my first death and in at least 4 of the 6 my orchid was on time or ahead. Like I said, I mostly want tips with lategame items and how should I teamfight. Do I just ult in and keep popping my ult until they stop focusing me or is it something else?

I'm also thinking of dropping getting orchid first in favor of bloodstone because the enemy players always end up getting either manta or bkb so for the price it falls off too much for me personally.

Storm IS weak on a metagame dominated by Doom and Faceless Void, heroes that straight up hard countering him by offering hard lock down. Skywrath and Shadow Shaman also being everywhere doesn't help either.

You can't insta pick that hero, it's asking for trouble. Wait a bit and if the enemy picks suit thats fine, but if you pick it blindly it's like picking a spectre or medusa or AM, you won't be given much spac and there is a massive pool of popular heroes that can tear you a new one.

I'm aware of that with Doom being my most picked hero. I usually wait until 10-5 seconds are left before picking and only in one game was there counterpicks (4 out of 5 on their team hadn't picked and they then picked Doom and Void). The most recent game I picked storm after doom because I was confident I could deal with him. I only ganked him with the help of a teammate in case he would ult me, the only ulted me 3 times the whole game if I remember correctly: the first time I walked away and survived, the 2nd time I got denied and the 3rd time it was me baiting it because I had aegis and pretty low mana pool, and I got linken's sphere to mitigate him.

Chris R

Only Shaman nerf I could think of would be to make it impossible to trap with level 1 wards if the tower change is going to occur to prevent the rat.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ward count from 10 to 8/9/10. Scales back the buff he got a patch or two ago. Still better at level 11 and 16, but the same at level 6.

kvk1

The most recent game I picked storm after doom because I was confident I could deal with him. I only ganked him with the help of a teammate in case he would ult me, the only ulted me 3 times the whole game if I remember correctly: the first time I walked away and survived, the 2nd time I got denied and the 3rd time it was me baiting it because I had aegis and pretty low mana pool, and I got linken's sphere to mitigate him.

I'd call that match a collective team failure, more so than your ability to carry us late. I think you did absolutely fine to be honest. It was just the classic case of we chose a "proper" lineup with two supports, offlane, and carry, but let it go to 60 minutes with a 5-carry opposition. We just put ourselves in an impossible late game situation team fight wise.

I was watching the replay of that this morning. A Sentient Keyboard had the right idea trying to split push the lanes 30-45 minutes in, since they were 5-manning the whole game, and had a terrible time trying to be two places at once. But for some reason we never helped him do it. We got too passive too early.

It was a great "lesson learned" game though.

inkls

I'd call that match a collective team failure, more so than your ability to carry us late. I think you did absolutely fine to be honest. It was just the classic case of we chose a "proper" lineup with two supports, offlane, and carry, but let it go to 60 minutes with a 5-carry opposition. We just put ourselves in an impossible late game situation team fight wise.

I was watching the replay of that this morning. A Sentient Keyboard had the right idea trying to split push the lanes 30-45 minutes in, since they were 5-manning the whole game, and had a terrible time trying to be two places at once. But for some reason we never helped him do it. We got too passive too early.

It was a great "lesson learned" game though.

I know, but I'm asking mostly for fine tuning my build. Like I said, I do pretty well early in most case, it my lategame item choice and teamfight thats lacking.

it doesn't matter how fast you steal life when you get focused down in three seconds

If you get bursted down before you can kill your opponents, you might be approaching fights wrong.

-When ambushing a lone target, you can usually just walk up to them from an angle they dont expect and cast open wounds before they notice you. They are now too slow to run away from you, and it's very unlikely they can outdamage you since you are magic immune (i.e. invulnerable to most nukes and stuns) and steal their hp at an alarming rate.

-When starting a teamfight, you shouldn't be the first to go in, or the enemy will focus you down before you can reach them. This goes for most carries. Instead your team should have an initiator to start off the fight and allow you to approach as the enemy team is stunned, slowed, silenced and hopefully panicking/confused. The most common example of an initiator is a hero with a good aoe stun, that buys a blink dagger to jump in the middle of the enemy team and soften them up (tidehunter, earthshaker, centaur). Then you can just walk up to the enemies and eat them up one by one. Additionally, you can infest your initiator, stay with him while he blinks into the enemy team, and then jump out to be in your enemy's face immediately.

On the topic of lifestealer, which should skill I max first when I take the safelane, rage or open wounds? Open wounds is amazing in lane with even one point, more levels get me a shorter cooldown and longer range. Meanwhile, rage scales much better with a longer duration and way higher attack speed. What do?

I also see some builds getting a second level of feast at lvl 3, is that just a jungling thing? I don't see the 1% of extra lifesteal being that significant early game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom