• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

tumblr_m7jhglfvNF1qjnjs3o5_500.gif

Let's do this. EZ Aracanas, fuck rtz
www.twitch.tv/joindotared

Razzer

EG are so good strategically. They've completely out thought them in the lanes here, though it isn't a tough opponent tbf.

Wok

56cdcau.png

It was the first time I had to lane against a LC mid (I had already played LC mid, but never encountered it against me in the trench), and the game was hard. Now that I look at dotabuff, this guy likes to play LC and with a decent winrate.

I was playing Earth Spirit by the way. I almost got a few kills against LC early game, but somehow, LC controlled the two first runes faster than I so she could heal without going back to base.

I loaded up his YT page before I finished reading the sentence
sad.gif

He has a new video, but it is not a guide, it is a kind of taunt showing Dagon Phoenix can work.

Zeth

My next challenge hero is Phantom Lancer. After playing a handful of practice matches with him, he just seems so weak. Any tips on playing him?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
My next challenge hero is Phantom Lancer. After playing a handful of practice matches with him, he just seems so weak. Any tips on playing him?

I don't care what anyone says, that hero is still damn strong in pubs unless you get hard countered. Failing that all you've got to do is AFK farm and hope your team can keep the base intact for 40 minutes. If so I don't really know how you lose if you farm well.

Razzer

He's a fragile laner much like AM, so if you find yourself under a lot of pressure in lane you will struggle. However, just pick up as much farm as you can using the same tricks as most melee heroes. Lance is a really strong nuke, so if you have supports backing you up you can get kills. Provided you are farming well, you have two options. Either go for a radiance and commit to ricing for a while, playing like a Naga, plenty of splitpush and dodging fights until you have two or three items. The other option is an early diffusal fighting build. If you go this path you may want a vlads as well for the aura and some sustain.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/874833246

This is a match I played a while ago where I went for the farming build. You'll see I spent most of my time pushing out lanes and applying pressure. Management of illusions is key. You can farm the lane and the jungle simultaneously and push towers without being there. Obviously, your illusions will be too weak for this early on, but by level 10ish you should be pretty comfortable with this. PL is susceptible to ganks, and the enemy will be trying to kill you a lot, it's just the kind of hero people try to counter. Because of this, your doppelwalk shouldn't be thought of as an invis escape, but a way to confuse people. Push a lane, create a wave, then doppelwalk away before anybody gets there. You want the other team to be as confused as possible as to which PL is real on the map.

Once you have your first item plus manta you are strong in fights. Whether it be the radiance burn or the purge and mana burn from diffusal, think people underestimate how much dps PL puts out in these mid game fights. So don't be afraid to tp in to help. Once you have heart or butterfly, you are stronger than most heroes in the game. You can kill supports without even being there by sending illusions at them. Just keep that slow, grinding push going and you should be gucci.

If it gets so late you are six slotted, only the true hyper carries like Void and Spectre should scare you. Your ideal six slot is travels, diffusal 2, manta, heart, butter and then either radiance, abyssal or whatever items works best in the situation.

Edit: I don't like tranqs on PL. You need to be hitting shit. Vlads is better for sustain. Soul ring can be good if you want to spam lances. I actually forgot about Skadi, that can be a good six slot item.

His shaker crit build looks really good, and probably surprisingly viable in pubs. I think ES works better as a farming core than most gimmick support-carries. Doesn't seem so bad mid either, qojqva style. I don't have the balls to actually try it, my fear of flaming is too strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1728G4LdNkU&index=12&list=UU5iwG4dCIghdKbBfqfyxIdQ

Try it. Besides your teammates will benefit a lot from early blink Earthshaker.

You know how terrrible is to paly no farm ES. God awful.

Wok

His shaker crit build looks really good, and probably surprisingly viable in pubs. I think ES works better as a farming core than most gimmick support-carries. Doesn't seem so bad mid either, qojqva style. I don't have the balls to actually try it, my fear of flaming is too strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1728G4LdNkU&index=12&list=UU5iwG4dCIghdKbBfqfyxIdQ

I have tried it several times and it is great. This is the only way I can play Earthshaker.

Even Tranquil Boots + Dagon is legit on Phoenix. Try it.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/897340239

Serious question. Why did we lose this game? I feel like my team failed me. I went Midas because I had freefarm. May have been a bad idea in hindsight. I had no choice but to go BKB first as I would just die otherwise. Our team kept losing teamfights, Bane wasn't paying attention to my Chronospheres, and then my team just blamed me.

The most aggravating thing is our team would not stop trying to teamfight when we were clearly losing them. We all needed more items to actually win teamfights.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Serious question. Why did we lose this game? I feel like my team failed me. I went Midas because I had freefarm. May have been a bad idea in hindsight. I had no choice but to go BKB first as I would just die otherwise. Our team kept losing teamfights, Bane wasn't paying attention to my Chronospheres, and then my team just blamed me.

The most aggravating thing is our team would not stop trying to teamfight when we were clearly losing them. We all needed more items to actually win teamfights.
Your team had a billion disables and no damage.

sixghost

Going BKB when you are the sole source of damage seems like a bad idea. If it was the omni and skywrath giving you trouble in the chrono, you just need to make sure to catch them in it.

sixghost

To be fair.. Omni, Sky, Rubick all have to be in your chrono for it to go right..

I don't see why rubick is that big a deal. You have to remember that chronos tend to happen is chaotic team fights; rubick's lift doesn't have the greatest range, so even attacking a target on the opposite side of the chrono can be enough to avoid the lift. Even skywrath isn't a huge deal IMO, void has 1000 ms in the chrono, if sky ults, just move to the other side of the hero and keep attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom