• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895004
EdXnFYX.png

Hylian7

Oh, and for the inevitable "who have you been abusing?"

DOLxupF.png

Note: This is just one page of ranked games, and some of them party as I don't see a way on Dotabuff to split solo ranked and party ranked.

Chris R

holy shit dota why u crashing so much?!

IDK

Still pissed we lost the game I was in. Downloaded the replay and it looks like the only person who didn't mass DC was the guy from somewhere in SA with the potato internet. Him staying in the game gave Dire the win :(

ARGH fuck that Clinkz

Chris R

Oh you haven't even seen the absolute clusterfuck that is all-melee vs techies.
laugh.gif

If I knew clinkz was going to be a little bitch about finishing the fucking game I would have picked character instead of randoming.

I had no fucking idea what to build on Timber though, first time with him so I just grabbed more hearts to survive mine damage

Apparently according to Dotabuff my lost TA game yesterday where my CK got really mad and started feeding was my first solo game in the High Skill bracket of unranked.

Maybe I don't want to get better at this game.

I know most of you are all 7k pros, but if there are any beginners in this thread I made a site with a bunch of protips and counters for almost every hero.

Wow, this is really great, thanks!

EDIT: Regarding Earthshaker

If you're trying to milk your stun time for as long as possible, don’t mash all your spells at once. You can squeeze in about one auto-attack's worth of time in between casts once Aftershock is maxed.

Another trick is to shift-queue your enchant totem and fissure after you blink in and echo slam. Earthshaker will finish his 0.5 second casting backswing after every spell, meaning your stuns dont overlap as much. It's not as efficient as perfectly timing the stun sequence, but you'll get more stun time than just spamming spells and it's easy to do for new ES players (who seem to be the target audience for your site).

Another tip is that, if you know a fight is coming, you should enchant your totem beforehand. The duration lasts longer than the cooldown, allowing you to get two boosted autoattacks off back to back, similar to setting up overpower before a fight as Ursa.

Oh one more thing, I believe you can use echoslam to kill couriers, but I've never done it myself.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I love how tsunami's "counters" for Void are "buy a Eul's" and "you're probably just fucked."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If you want a Void Counter, Pick Tiny. Once you level craggy, void basically can't kill you unless he uses BKB.

Wow, this is really great, thanks!

EDIT: Regarding Earthshaker

Another trick is to shift-queue your enchant totem and fissure after you blink in and echo slam. Earthshaker will finish his 0.5 second casting backswing after every spell, meaning your stuns dont overlap as much. It's not as efficient as perfectly timing the stun sequence, but you'll get more stun time than just spamming spells and it's easy to do for new ES players (who seem to be the target audience for your site).

Another tip is that, if you know a fight is coming, you should enchant your totem beforehand. The duration lasts longer than the cooldown, allowing you to get two boosted autoattacks off back to back, similar to setting up overpower before a fight as Ursa.

Oh one more thing, I believe you can use echoslam to kill couriers, but I've never done it myself.

Ah these are great, I've added them all. Echo Slam does in fact instakill flying and walking couriers.

If you want a Void Counter, Pick Tiny. Once you level craggy, void basically can't kill you unless he uses BKB.

That's a good one, I'll add that. Turns out Chrono doesn't turn off Counter Helix either, but I don't think that's quite as useful.

Why's Void's base damage so high? His animation feels really good and I was surprised how easily it was to lane and get last hits with him, especially compared to some other carries I've been given recently like spectre or drow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Once upon a time, Void wasn't really picked often because he was considered a worse AM. Less mobile, less damage, less scaling. Everyone thought you could only play him as a farming hard carry, and Battlefury was core. When heroes are forgotten like that, Icefrog tends to buff them bit by bit until the pro-senpais begin to notice them. And then this happened:

Ke8PJKb.jpg

Jex

Void is really a very silly hero. I've gotten first blood numerous times as a solo offlane void either because people dive me and don't respect backtrack of because the a supports wanders and I get a lucky bash on the carry who think they can trade hits evenly with me.

Icefrog please nerf.

abunai

Anyone on EU West had strange games lately? Ping, choke and loss are all fine yet I would experience weird sound/animation glitches such as projectiles periodically not showing up (tower shots, anything spawned from a hero) and particle effects as a result of attacking enemies would not play sound/animations. My game is fine (verified cache and tried reinstalling, nope) and it only seems to happen maybe one game out of four.

Peculiar.

Haunted

Looking forward to the faceless nerfs.

Oh you haven't even seen the absolute clusterfuck that is all-melee vs techies.
laugh.gif
Helm of the dominator, Manta Style, necrobook suddenly become core items.

but the laning phase still isn't fun. xD

Razzer

Void is really a very silly hero. I've gotten first blood numerous times as a solo offlane void either because people dive me and don't respect backtrack of because the a supports wanders and I get a lucky bash on the carry who think they can trade hits evenly with me.

Icefrog please nerf.

Eh, plenty of offlaners can turn around and kill a trilane. I've gotten triple kills solo as Timber, Tide, Undying. It's the fact Void can kill and also scales late so well.

Jex

Eh, plenty of offlaners can turn around and kill a trilane. I've gotten triple kills solo as Timber, Tide, Undying. It's the fact Void can kill and also scales late so well.

Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. As an offlaner been able to deal with a trilane if you play effectively isn't that unusual, it's merely that you can do it as a 'hard carry'. He's too good in too many positions.

Haunted

Honestly, for me it's that ult. Hard carry skills with hard carry scaling + an ult that is so dominant and defining in teamfights, you usually only ever see something like it on a hard support.

I'm sure they only need to tweak some numbers to reign him in again, but goddamn if the concept isn't ridiculous on paper.

Jex

Honestly, for me it's that ult. Hard carry skills with hard carry scaling + an ult that is so dominant and defining in teamfights, you usually only ever see something like it on a hard support.

I'm sure they only need to tweak some numbers to reign him in again, but goddamn if the concept isn't ridiculous on paper.

Yes, hit ult is fairly strong, but there a number of strong ults in the game. I just feel that his lanining phase is too easy due to his his armour and base damage.

abunai

I would reduce backtrack because whenever I lane against a void his backtrack rate seems to be around 100% on potentially lethal shots

I can understand backtrack being a different mechanic from evasion to give the hero a more distinct flavor, it's just that void is the hero that seems to need it the least

Hylian7

I once backtracked three consecutive Finger of Deaths from Lion, each of which would have been fatal otherwise. I actually started to feel bad for him.
Sometimes when I play Pudge against a Void he backtracks every hook nuke. Then even when my tab is there he just backtracks their biggest spells too.

25% of the time it works all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom