• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever Invoker game! http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/897351110

Despite being nervous as hell, I think I did really well, at one point being 10-3-6 before it all went sideways. I got an 8 minute midas against Viper (who was too busy murdering top to pay attention to me), used forge spirits for farming and pushing, and the tornado > meteor > blast combo for teamfights, which I - to my surprise - actually pulled off a number of times. I never managed to quickly invoke ghost walk though, it takes me too long to memorize and execute which got me killed a number of times.

We ended up losing after 60 mins due to lost teamfights (Lich throwing his aghs ult in my clump of units always took me out of the fight for a good 5 seconds by having me frantically trying to spread all my units out), but it was a fun game and I'm glad I have some Invoker experience under my belt now.

shira

come at me ninty

giff Luna anime hair variant
smile.gif

Razzer

Just had a game where I played Naga, and made quite a few mistakes, that probably cost us the game overall.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/897456573

Could someone be kind enough to analyse this in as much detail as possible? I'm not talking builds, I mean my actual play, especially the first 40 mins. I ask because I was just subjected to the longest rant and hate I've ever gotten. It wasn't even raging, this guy just went on all game at me over everything I did, mostly cus he wanted me to fight as I farmed my Radiance, which caused him to lock onto me with laser focus and comment on everything I did. 30 mins of this, and the whole time I just explained how I was having a bad game and could he please not be so insulting in the way he said it, to which he replies 'I'm just trying to teach you'. I was patient with him and didn't get mad, but he claims it's the biggest throw he'd ever seen by one player. So naturally, I wanna see just how bad I fucked up.

Mohasus

Is there a cap in the last hit trophy? Pretty sure I had 102 last hits but it only shows 100. :(

edit: just found out that it is. At least it is a nice round number.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I know most of you are all 7k pros, but if there are any beginners in this thread I made a site with a bunch of protips and counters for almost every hero.

Counters

Just because Razor died doesn't mean you get all your damage back instantly, and just because you died doesn't mean Razor won't keep dealing +200 damage. Static Link's buff/debuff will remain for the full duration.

Razor's ult will continue if he dies with Aegis.
Thanks tsunami, thanks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Pudge the container or the liquid?

I can't tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom