• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

Thanks for the games Gafstack. My tilt from my losing streak was pulling us down in the first two games, but the third game was so ez it broke my tilt and got me gud again.

Razzer

Making things happen across the map.

MAKING THINGS HAPPEN ACROSS THE MAP

DID YOU KNOW?

BLAZE WANTS YOU TO KNOW!

THEY ARE MAKING THINGS HAPPEN ACROSS THE MAP!

Razzer

You know what would be cool. If at the end of a draft the analysis guy (which requires there to even be one LOL) should predict what he thinks is the most important lane for the match, then spend the first 5 mins looking at that and explaining the actions of the heroes in that lane in minute detail. But that won't happen, gotta give benign summaries of every lane whilst looking at cosmetics and talking shit.

sixghost

But like you're one of the few people who can legit claim they are so good the game has to pit you with people way worse to compensate

It was the same in SC2. 95% of the community has winrates of 50% +/-1%, and the 5% at the top and bottom of the ladder have higher and lower winrates respectively because they can't consistently match them against equal competition. Most people having a 50% winrate doesn't mean the game arbitrarily makes you lose a game for every one you win, it means the pool of players is extremely big and matchmaking is decent. Even if you get better, you just get matched against players at your new level.

inkls

Plop sounds oddly similar to "plotte" which around where I am is french slang for female genitalia. I dunno if thats what you're going for heavy

First time I've ever made Pizza on my own. Gimme 10 win streak valve
wink.gif

Razzer

BTS has really gone downhill, Id rather listen to Joindota unless its like an LD and Bulba cast

Honestly I don't mind how LD etc aren't casting as much. They have to work extremely hard, Tobi was mentioning how he's had 4 days holiday in the last year, simply because he has to keep working to cover all the work Joindota get. BTS have tried to alleviate this by hiring more members, but frankly, the depth in casting talent just isn't there to support this many matches.

kvk1

Plop sounds oddly similar to "plotte" which around where I am is french slang for female genitalia. I dunno if thats what you're going for heavy

What's the sitrep on your PC, friend?

We miss the inklstacks™ and its shenanigans.

inkls

What's the sitrep on your PC, friend?

We miss the inklstacks™ and its shenanigans.

Still screwed, I've given up on trying to fix it. Thankfully I'm getting paid tomorrow so I can afford a real pc. Will probably go to the Gaf build a pc thread to know what exactly I want.

Kard8p3

Still screwed, I've given up on trying to fix it. Thankfully I'm getting paid tomorrow so I can afford a real pc. Will probably go to the Gaf build a pc thread to know what exactly I want.

just copy that rtz $7k build duh

can it b sept 30th yet i want to kill orcs

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Maybe if casting didn't involve a huge amount of commitment, dead end career, and long hours there would be better ones

Quesa

yo if you want to be a part of GAF's attempt to do the reddit challenge thing get in the gaf channel and let us know

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm losing my mind

Zyori and Blaze are the worst

Why do they get work

How does lumi, a guy that a) can't speak proper english, b) has very little game knowledge, and c) doesn't even have a "caster voice", get to cast 3 TI grand finals? The answer is he got grandfathered in, which happens to be true for the majority of casters (and hence why the quality of casters is so poor). There's really nowhere for a new caster to "breakout," you were either there in dota 1 or dota 2 beta, or you weren't.

sixghost

How does lumi, a guy that a) can't speak proper english, b) has very little game knowledge, and c) doesn't even have a "caster voice", get to cast 3 TI grand finals? The answer is he got grandfathered in, which happens to be true for the majority of casters (and hence why the quality of casters is so poor). There's really nowhere for a new caster to "breakout," you were either there in dota 1 or dota 2 beta, or you weren't.

I think the bigger problem is that a lot of the people most suited to cast dota are busy playing professionally.

Maybe if casting didn't involve a huge amount of commitment, dead end career, and long hours there would be better ones

It'll get there, and maybe we'll get more former players as they transition out.

Problem is a smart player will take the huge winnings and then go get a real job tm.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not to mention we lost the GOAT caster to the Korean pro scene.

NO4rTdc.png

I don't think zephyr is even qualified to be called a pro team anymore (if they ever were). When you get stomped by MVP months ago, it's time to reconsider Korea. When you get stomped by every Korean team and their mothers, it's time to reconsider dota as a professional career.

Merlubi is probably getting free housing, free food, free korean chicks, and a lil bit of $$$ out of it though, so no loss for him aside from tarnishing his dota1 legacy, but who cares.

I don't think zephyr is even qualified to be called a pro team anymore (if they ever were). When you get stomped by MVP months ago, it's time to reconsider Korea. When you get stomped by every Korean team and their mothers, it's time to reconsider dota as a professional career.
it was always just a fun vacation time with the possibility of some easy money for them outside of blitz right?

they probably accomplished what they came to do at a bare minimum

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I got fucking Lone Druid as my first hero in the All Hero Challenge

First game I ever played with him was tonight.

Went 1/9

He's fragile as fuck. They had Dazzle, Sven, and Magnus and I just fucking melted

Hylian7

I had levels in that too! But what the fuck do I do if Sven has a blink dagger and he's just fucking hopping around and letting Dazzle follow up to murder you? I tried working on a BKB but it took too long

Gotta max Synergy before Rabid. Get 1 Rabid early if you need it. The rest generally comes down to positioning and micro.

Hylian7

I feel like Io isn't core enough that with enough attempts the team would be bound to win somehow. Druid carries so much weight in the midgame

Support carries weight still, and you still have to try to make stuff happen early with Io like any other support.

With Io that feels 50 times harder because you are relying on your teammates, as well as on your own self not to die becuase you have like no HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom