• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

So who here knows what Kunkka's role in a team actually is? I was under the impression he was an initiator, not a 'run into a team 1v5 with X on and get killed before you port yourself back' hero.
It's a cute play to harass but not really the way to inititate a teamfight, imo.

For full-on 5v5 teamfights, you want Kunkka to come in the second wave of characters after the initiation and wreck people with Tidebringer crits and the boat.

Raitningz

Kunkka can be a great initiator as long as you are confident your torrent can hit your enemies to keep them in place for the boat. It's also good in the sense that the cast range is long and it doesn't reveal Kunkka when the spells are cast, so you can do it from the trees, much like Gyrocopter's ultimate.

It's awful as an initiator only when you need confirmation of your torrent to hit to launch the boat, then it won't hit anything because the timing will be mismatched and enemies will just run away. Both torrent and boat must be cast in quick succession from far range. Confidence and perception is important, I guess?

Kalnos

Banned
Kunkka is good at catching someone out of position with X -> Torrent -> Ghostship. That combo just takes some practice to actually land.

Hylian7

So who here knows what Kunkka's role in a team actually is? I was under the impression he was an initiator, not a 'run into a team 1v5 with X on and get killed before you port yourself back' hero.
Usually a 2, which is partly why he goes mid. Not really good enough to be a 1, but has a good mix of early and late game to be a viable 2.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/901560374

This game nearly gave me a heart attack last night. Sniper kept getting caught out at the worst times in the dumbest ways (I.e. standing on the edge of mid high ground hitting creeps when there is a Blink Slardar that can easily wreck him and Sniper is by himself). Luckily, we could defend while NP split pushed, and we never lost a rax. It was funny, right at the end, I tried to get a kill, couldn't, they tried to turn it on me, I led them on a wild goose chase and TP'd out. While they were after the "super important 60 minute Pudge", NP was taking the rest of their base.

VS and Clockwerk had mics and communicated extremely well the whole match, even friending me afterward.

It was certainly an interesting match.

abunai

I'm still getting the odd game (maybe 20%) where projectiles don't appear/are majorly behind when they should be. Tower damage still occurs without latency but projectiles/sounds effects have been all sorts of crazy. No idea what's going on. EUW

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
VP going maximum scum.

EDIT: Oh, it's a rebroadcast.

Volodja

I'm still getting the odd game (maybe 20%) where projectiles don't appear/are majorly behind when they should be. Tower damage still occurs without latency but projectiles/sounds effects have been all sorts of crazy. No idea what's going on. EUW
If you type -ping you'll probably see some packet loss. May be your connection, may be the servers (in my experience it's mostly the latter).

Yesterday I was disconnected from a game and I couldn't reconnect until I restarted the game. The mysteries of dota.

bbd23

lmao Clown9
facepalm.gif

Razzer

I have to give a lot of credit to KPG as well. They executed the comeback very well, and even had the presence of mind to deal with C9 shenanigans. They were helped by some crucial mistakes, but they played really well.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/901560374

This game nearly gave me a heart attack last night. Sniper kept getting caught out at the worst times in the dumbest ways (I.e. standing on the edge of mid high ground hitting creeps when there is a Blink Slardar that can easily wreck him and Sniper is by himself). Luckily, we could defend while NP split pushed, and we never lost a rax. It was funny, right at the end, I tried to get a kill, couldn't, they tried to turn it on me, I led them on a wild goose chase and TP'd out. While they were after the "super important 60 minute Pudge", NP was taking the rest of their base.

VS and Clockwerk had mics and communicated extremely well the whole match, even friending me afterward.

It was certainly an interesting match.
If I were on that radiant team, especially that Windrunner, I'd be hanging from my rafters right now.

Hupsel

This happens to me sometimes o_o Drow arrows fly but I dont see them, just know they hit a creep because I get the gold. Dont happen every time, though. Also happened once with an "invisible" Mirana Arrow
p93bKVP.gif

Queued in Russia for shits and giggles. I was not disappointed.

Lifestealer + NP on other team with only dagon/boots tping around the map.

Pratfall

Loving all this Drow love <333

Hope not, it's given the hero a new lease on life.

Also it is an incredibly well thought out redesign. Simple and elegant rethink of an ability to fill a weak spot of a hero but still relies on good positioning and excellent timing. Icefrog at his finest.

Hylian7

If I were on that radiant team, especially that Windrunner, I'd be hanging from my rafters right now.
The numbers don't lie, she kept them in the game, but couldn't be 5 people.

What was funny was the other team said at the end "gg we noon and doesn't want to push", yet she was their best player.

kagete

I really want to go to ESL NY but seeing the double whammy of $70+ tickets being sold by TICKETMASTER and event dates Thursday-Friday killed all buzz for me. Too bad, and im even hyped aboutMerlini, the only dota2 personality (aside from Icefrog) that I want to meet and talk to in person.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Play him like Ember with Blink and X imo
Farm a lot, gank when your shit is up and you have mana

Wok

I would have never thought that Broodmother was so powerful.

j2Awh9O.png

Literally like Lycan, or better. She was pushing the barracks at the 16 min mark. We did buy sentry wards but she hids in the trees. So annoying.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I would have never thought that Broodmother was so powerful.

j2Awh9O.png

Literally like Lycan, or better. She was pushing the barracks at the 16 min mark. We did buy sentry wards but she hids in the trees. So annoying.

Against teams with bad supports (in the trench), Broodmother can get away with more shenanigans than almost any other hero at really early levels. Of course every time I random the hero the other team has a KotL or Shaker so I can't do dick, but I see it a lot in my MMR where a Brood in a game will single handedly win the game by getting 5+ kills in the first 10 minutes. Everything after that is usually just snowballing, and her free Satanic.

Wok

MOBA song.

Against teams with bad supports (in the trench), Broodmother can get away with more shenanigans than almost any other hero at really early levels. Of course every time I random the hero the other team has a KotL or Shaker so I can't do dick, but I see it a lot in my MMR where a Brood in a game will single handedly win the game by getting 5+ kills in the first 10 minutes. Everything after that is usually just snowballing, and her free Satanic.

This one rushed Dagon and it was insanely good on her. Way to hate trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom