• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratfall

My official list of heroes it's impossible to win pubs with when they're on your team:

- CK
- KotL
- Sven
- Bristelback
- Chen
- Nature's Prophet
- Storm Spirit
- Shadow Demon
- Medusa
- Night Stalker
- Pudge

And a lot of others obviously. But according to Dotabuff+ I have atrocious winrates when any of these heroes is on my team and I noticed it too. Svens and CKs will be underfarmed in 9 out of 10 cases which is particularly puzzling in Sven's case as I find him hilariously ez to farm with. Don't recall the last game I was below 500 gpm with him, win or lose.

Can get behind most of these except bristle. Shadow Demon is particularly frustrating because no one plays him aggressively enough. If you haven't setup 3 kills by 10 minutes you are fucking up as SD.

bbd23

HellRaisers are about to beat Na'Vi with a Riki pick!

I love betting against Na'Vi
happytears.gif

Can get behind most of these except bristle. Shadow Demon is particularly frustrating because no one plays him aggressively enough. If you haven't setup 3 kills by 10 minutes you are fucking up as SD.

As an SD you're extremely dependant on your teammates to get kills, all he can do is Disrupt(+amplify damage spell thingy) to set the kill up, if his teammates don't have spells that synergies with him(Lina LSA, Lesh stun, Centaur stomp) he'll have trouble contributing much to ganks.

Also SD is primarily a defensive support IMO, always great to save your teammates with.

Sentenza

Is there some sort of epidemic mental illness going on on Twitch's chat?
how it is these people seem completely unable to give ANY sort of useful answer to any question?

Ketch

Is there some sort of epidemic mental illness going on on Twitch's chat?
how it is these people seem completely unable to give ANY sort of useful answer to any question?

I equate it to an infinitely large highschool assembly with zero investment in what they're watching. It's just heckle central.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
POST BUGS
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?p=990710#post990710

• Acid Spray misses one tick Acid Spray negative armor debuff doesn't linger for 4 seconds
  • Acid Spray misses one tick
  • Phantom Strike attack speed buff lasts 1 second too long
  • Spirit Lance doesn't slow attack speed
  • Aghanim's Static Storm deals too much damage
  • Puck's Phase Shift and Ethereal Jaunt should have 0.1 seconds cast time, like all Puck's other spells. Currently those 2 are instant.

puck is kill

Sentenza

you seriously expect twitch chat to give useful answers...? That's like expecting an informative youtube comment.
Well, nothing complex, you know... Stuff like "Is this the first or second game?", "Who won the first?" and so on.

But nothing, not even the isolate, statistical exception of a single user capable of offering an useful answer.
Just semi-autistic people spamming pseudo-memes at a frantic pace.

Razzer

I equate it to an infinitely large highschool assembly with zero investment in what they're watching. It's just heckle central.

I think it's more like a sports crowd. They cheer, they jeer, they laugh at people making fools of themselves, and make mean but hilarious chants (copypastas). You could try to talk to the guy you came with in that crowd, but you can't hear each other over the ambient noise.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My official list of heroes it's impossible to win pubs with when they're on your team:

- CK
- KotL
- Sven
- Bristelback
- Chen
- Nature's Prophet
- Storm Spirit
- Shadow Demon
- Medusa
- Night Stalker
- Pudge

And a lot of others obviously. But according to Dotabuff+ I have atrocious winrates when any of these heroes is on my team and I noticed it too. Svens and CKs will be underfarmed in 9 out of 10 cases which is particularly puzzling in Sven's case as I find him hilariously ez to farm with. Don't recall the last game I was below 500 gpm with him, win or lose.
Bristle back seems odd to me, maybe his lose rate with you has to do with his tendency to fall off at 30 minutes, but it normally looks like he does well (Though I don't recall the last time I lost to bristle)

NP is hit or miss. Some time they can single handily win the game, other times they just eat all the farm on the map and feed late game trying to do some really dumb pushing.

Wok

I have just played against Zeus, Centaur, Mirana, Luna (and Warlock), and this line-up is disgustingly strong. Replace Warlock with Crystal Maiden or Vengeful Spirit or any other hero with an aura and I guess you just wreck every pub.

except chaos knight that hero is trash and needs some amazing buff or something

CK is in my list of 100%. I don't see how he can be bad in pubs, it is a great carry. I am really surprised to hear that.

ETVpcKu.png

Bristle back seems odd to me, maybe his lose rate with you has to do with his tendency to fall off at 30 minutes, but it normally looks like he does well (Though I don't recall the last time I lost to bristle)

NP is hit or miss. Some time they can single handily win the game, other times they just eat all the farm on the map and feed late game trying to do some really dumb pushing.

I got an >80% winrate against him in 6.81. I find him very easily to deal with when you get a stick in lane.

Also add Gyrocopter to the list. Hero can't carry pubs to save his life.

Armaros

CK is in my list of 100%. I don't see how he can be bad in pubs, it is a great carry. I am really surprised to hear that.

CK has to snowball. He has zero farm ability. He has low armor, low mana, high spell costs, and his ult has horrible uptime.

A farmed CK is one of the most frightening things to face, but 99% of the time, he will never get there, and just becomes a high health, no armor RNG stun bot with illusions that melt instantly.

Doesn't help that for the longest time, he was balanced around IO and tether stun. Without that, there is little reason to pick him seriously.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have just played against Zeus, Centaur, Mirana, Luna (and Warlock), and this line-up is disgustingly strong. Replace Warlock with Crystal Maiden or Vengeful Spirit or any other hero with an aura and I guess you just wreck.
Couldn't you single handily destroy this line up with slark or abaddon?

Zeth

When can we get those promo items/sets. Mirana Moon Rift and that Bat Rider mount Burning Iron - will go so well with the Firestarter set.

And the Disruptor insect set is pretty funny. fake edit: Rage of the Three is the name.

sixghost

Or it means no one picked anything that synergizes with disrupt. It's easy to roam for kills if you have a lesrac, kunkka, tiny, etc in the other lanes.

Pratfall

Or it means no one picked anything that synergizes with disrupt. It's easy to roam for kills if you have a lesrac, kunkka, tiny, etc in the other lanes.

Fair enough, the hero does rely on synergy more than others. It is hard to get a roaming support duo going in pubs.

Razzer

I swear to god if that's the only "buff"(should have always been in) they give her. If Lina and WR get screwed again imma be real sad.

I will always be sad because I want to see my idea implemented and i know it will never happen. I guess when custom game tools are out properly I can bribe Kirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom