• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

Voids nowadays build mom and mael, Void can farm.

Chrono also means Void can contribute to a teamfight no matter his farm.

A under farmed CK is a low armor rng melee stun bot, with horrible mana and expensive mana costs.

Helm of Dom doesn't make Drow a flash farmer.

Also, why are we comparing a Void with 6k in items to an under farmed CK?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the issue with CK is as a core he only has a 15 minutes window of effectiveness. He comes online at about 25 minutes, and falls of at around 40. As a ganker he can be very effective, but I don't see mid CK anymore for some reason.

Artanisix

It's not so much an issue as it is a symptom of the times. I think VP played CK recently to great effect. You really need to abuse his ridiculous ganking potential when it's early in the game. Mana is a non issue with Wisp.

No, charging head first into DP and Brew isn't a great idea... But that's not CK's fault.

Also he comes online a lot sooner than 25 minutes!

Chris R

gRlCWYF.gif

I post like 30% of the posts in this thread. If I posted more I would be talking to myself, actually I'm surprised I haven't been banned for spamming.

Checky hylian's vods!

More often about the event you were hosting :p

shira

I think LC is going to be put into CM, TB too.
Arcana sales
UljWe2d.jpg

More often about the event you were hosting :p
Yeah it's tough, sorry - the thread just gets lost on gaming - but we got like 5 or so new guildmembers from people who never read Gaming Community. Next time I'll make a Gaming Community thread: In-House Dota Tournaments or something.

Depending on Bounch's and Anuxi's set price we could have a Luna 1v1 or an Enchantress one LOL. Or a Luna vs Enchantress one. If they are around $5 I'll snag a few if they are included in the next patch. Maybe the Shadowfiend Arcana will revamp pricing with a new $19.99 pricepoint. That would be poifect.

edit: Oh wait the new chest has the Tusk/CM Anuxi set. If it's cheap I'll grab one.
aZ1rcwQ.png

Gafternashootarrowhitarrowal!!!!!

shira

Mirana Wars could actually be fun.

It's not my fault everyone focused on mine CSing when they should have been working on rune control and clever mine locations.

I feel like it might be the same with potm. Just play it super safe and CS in lane - hope you win after 10 minutes

It's not my fault everyone focused on mine CSing when they should have been working on rune control and clever mine locations.

I feel like it might be the same with potm. Just play it super safe and CS in lane - hope you win after 10 minutes
That's just the way techies 1v1 meta works out with a cs limit. There's no reason to walk outside the lane and risk getting hit by mines, runes don't give you any bonus that makes up for the time it takes to get them and for the risk of getting blown up while going for them.

Mirana's gonna be really different.

Kioshen

Techies is a little harder to make exciting by having such a low damage output. You need a lot of setup time and the payback is too low compared to the drawback if it doesn't work out. Mirana should allow for more riskier plays without setting you back much if you mess up.

shira

Techies is a little harder to make exciting by having such a low damage output. You need a lot of setup time and the payback is too low compared to the drawback if it doesn't work out. Mirana should allow for more riskier plays without setting you back much if you mess up.

Yeah, I would have thunk CS win would have been too hard and it was. People were only right/click last hitting at a like a 10-20% clip and only a few people were in control of their waves.

When people started spamming mines and it became who could mine more efficiently. I think only Ultimatum got the stun ward which is fucking OP imho.

Anyway it's cool to see how different people build. I don't agree with it, but they got results.

bbd23

I think I had my first game with a semi-popular dota personality. just played against Greg(WhatIsHipTV) and got stomped.

knew getting on DOTA tonight was a bad idea.
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Haly you better not warmonger"
"Haly don't be like those mean yuros"
"Haly we're scared of your 400 hours in Civ"

Fine, so I play passive.

Then I scout Chair and he's building siege.

YEAH NICE JOKE.

Artanisix

standin.bromosio: haly tried to smurf our civ game
standin.bromosio: pretended he sucked
standin.bromosio: when he has 700 hours of civ

Haly

Chair was leading in score, I don't even know where this "smurf" shit is coming from.

There's no way blind pick works. How do you hide when I hero is taken out of the pool? UNLESS THEY'RE ADDING MIRROR MATCH UPS TO AP!!!!!!

that would suck ass pls no

Would be nice if AP had the picks go back and forth between teams with like 30 seconds for each person to pick and if you run out of time you get randomed.

So like Riot has had for ages.

Haly

I play fair, I always have. Did it in EU4 and doing it here.

The is the price I pay for it.

shira

Ok we had 13 participants for the Gaftechieshiral:
Pillow Knight wins a Genuine Oculopus courier + trophy. received
- BigAT wins a Swine arsenal
- I excluded hylian and kioshen because they won a prize last tourney

Leaving 9 eligible for prizes. I did the randomization with the first 5 getting some RNG prizes. I'll try and trade offer you those prizes ASAP but it's buggy as fuck and I'll prolly just find you on steam and gift you them, i'm sleepy though and trying to finish up some work.

Gwluf51.png

1. :techies: emoticon
2. Techies loading screen/HUD
3. Nilbog courier
4. Genuine Frull courier
5. Genuine Mechjaw courier received

Just got a "This page is in Russian, would you like Chrome to translate it?" notification from watching Arteezy's stream because of the Russian spam in the chat

Ok we had 13 participants for the Gaftechieshiral:
- Pillow Knight wins a Genuine Oculopus courier.
- BigAT wins a Swine arsenal
- I excluded hylian and kioshen because they won a prize last tourney

Leaving 9 eligible for prizes. I did the randomization with the first 5 getting some RNG prizes. I'll try and trade offer you those prizes ASAP but it's buggy as fuck and I'll prolly just find you on steam and gift you them, i'm sleepy though and trying to finish up some work.

http://i.imgur.com/Gwluf51.png[IMG]

1. :techies: emoticon
2. Techies loading screen/HUD
3. Nilbog courier
4. Genuine Frull courier
5. Genuine Mechjaw courier[/QUOTE]

Yay. That eases my mind about my throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom