• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

And what's your idea? I haven't been keeping up with the thread.

Replace focus fire with a large AOE hurricane. You decide the direction the wind blows (it has too be a straight line though), and enemies are 100% slowed when going against the wind, whilst allies are hasted when following it.

Edit: I'm thinking that hint means they have a solution to people pausing so they can counterpick.

shira

All pick peeps will be happy.

Valve is permabanning the idiots that go Aghs Kunkka?

Matt know any cool stuff about those particles being broken up into their own spots?

Also, why did EG commission a bad looking Razor set? Couldn't they make a good one like Empire?

Kirby-chan I just had a thought - does your dotahat site track daily #'s. I think it would become an incredibly powerful tool for 1st day sales and such. You could be like the NPD numbers man on reddit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt know any cool stuff about those particles being broken up into their own spots?

Also, why did EG commission a bad looking Razor set? Couldn't they make a good one like Empire?

All pick will probably be played even more.

Assuming you're not pulling everyone's leg, this can mean several things:

1. Some sort of blind pick, preventing counterpicking to some extent
2. Prevention of pausing after you start losing gold for not having picked yet, preventing counterpicks to some extent.
3. Some sort of banning phase(wouldn't be all pick anymore though)
4. removal of certain game mode(s), meaning people will be forced to play AP(doubtful)

It's probably some combination of the above, maybe I'm forgetting something.

Assuming you're not pulling everyone's leg, this can mean several things:

1. Some sort of blind pick, preventing counterpicking to some extent
2. Prevention of pausing after you start losing gold for not having picked yet, preventing counterpicks to some extent.
3. Some sort of banning phase(wouldn't be all pick anymore though)
4. removal of certain game mode(s), meaning people will be forced to play AP(doubtful)

It's probably some combination of the above, maybe I'm forgetting something.

all of those seem extremely doubtful

shira

it randoms you a Pudge if you dont pick in time

sick.gif

Getting random gold with night stalker and showing up at mid with a bottle to spam the nuke feels so dirty

"you thought I was a melee hero, brah?"

Ketch

There's no way blind pick works. How do you hide when I hero is taken out of the pool? UNLESS THEY'RE ADDING MIRROR MATCH UPS TO AP!!!!!!

that would suck ass pls no

Would be nice if AP had the picks go back and forth between teams with like 30 seconds for each person to pick and if you run out of time you get randomed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One or two new heroes.

That's why people will play AP more.

Not difficult!

Demoli

One or two new heroes.

Not difficult!

That would imply new heroes would be added to the patch.

If that's the case, It would be Diretide.

Diretide is in a month,

I bet it's a load of hero remakes.

Kioshen

Always the latter. Always.

and so the cycle begins ... again ...

Edit : Oh yeah I was wondering something. It's probably something stupid to work around but how do you stack an easy camp when you have a healer minion that will not move ? You pull through instead ?

sixghost

Are we getting actually excited about 6.82 or are we jumping at breadcrumbs?
Major balance patches are huge events for people who are into the pro scene. It really injects new life into the game, and it gives previously ignored heroes a shot to be seen in pro matches. The meta blows at the moment, and I'm excited to see how icefrog addresses it.

Razzer

and so the cycle begins ... again ...

Edit : Oh yeah I was wondering something. It's probably something stupid to work around but how do you stack an easy camp when you have a healer minion that will not move ? You pull through instead ?

The only way is to not damage it. That way it doesn't start healing and runs with the rest. That said, I think that camp is stupid as fuck and they should change it so you can stack it just like the rest.

Kioshen

The only way is to not damage it. That way it doesn't start healing and runs with the rest. That said, I think that camp is stupid as fuck and they should change it so you can stack it just like the rest.

That makes sense. Didn't think of doing it that way during games. Thanks !

http://www.hitbox.tv/HylianSeven

Gaftechiesshiral final between BigAT vs Pillow on now!

Thank you for casting the tournament by the way. I rewatched my match and liked to hear an outside perspective and where I could have done better.

Artanisix

One or two new heroes.

Not difficult!

I'm gonna go with the trick answer and say those jerks at Valve aren't going to add any new heroes to CM, and are actually remaking some heroes and skills, so heroes need to be taken out of CM. So the only way to get the full experience is to pretty that shit mode AP.

CK is just being useless for 30 minutes before you wreck everyone with a one-man cavalry charge like at the end of The Two Towers. It's not that much fun, yeah.

Is bottle on CK viable? Or should you just bite the bullet and build towards your core items knowing that you can only cast one shitty spell every 2 minutes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CK's gank is actually very strong.

Targeted pull and 2-4 seconds stun is nothing to sneeze at. You can do a lot with just a basic item like Drums or Armlet.

His real problem is that he doesn't carry hard enough to justify the on-off style of his ult. Sven is better most of the time.

G.ZZZ

CK is just being useless for 30 minutes before you wreck everyone with a one-man cavalry charge like at the end of The Two Towers. It's not that much fun, yeah.

Is bottle on CK viable? Or should you just bite the bullet and build towards your core items knowing that you can only cast one shitty spell every 2 minutes.

CK one of those heroes where treads +4 bracers into a drum, sell a bracer into heart is super legit

shira

image.php

Da winner is PillowKnight, you have fought gallantly. Worthy of recognition in the archives of the DotaGAF. Now... it is finished.

I'll do the RNG for the other prizes prolly tonite or tomorrow. Thanks to Anuxi for sponsoring, Hylian for casting and everyone else for participating.

I really don't like CK.

Let me rephrase: I really don't like CK outside of a tri-lane or an Io partner or something. Shit is awful.

I like him, but he has severe problems. Costly abilities, long cooldown on ult that's pretty weak early on, no flash farming abilities, there are better heroes that can use the farm that you would give him.

He has nice stats gain, but maybe they should reduce the cooldown and/or mana on Phantasm. Something similar happened to Mirana when Moonlight Shadow was like 175 mana at every levels.

Artanisix

Void, Drow, Weaver have no flash farm abilities. Doesn't make them bad picks. Wraith King has no flash farm.

Play to a hero's strengths.

Armaros

True, but I will disagree on Drow.

Helm of the Dominator makes it too ez to farm with her.

Voids nowadays build mom and mael, Void can farm.

Chrono also means Void can contribute to a teamfight no matter his farm.

A under farmed CK is a low armor rng melee stun bot, with horrible mana and expensive mana costs.

Chris R

image.php

Da winner is PillowKnight, you have fought gallantly. Worthy of recognition in the archives of the DotaGAF. Now... it is finished.

I'll do the RNG for the other prizes prolly tonite or tomorrow. Thanks to Anuxi for sponsoring, Hylian for casting and everyone else for participating.
Post more often in this thread next time something comes up. Regular gaming goes by too fast to notice a thread that isn't always in the top few pages and I must have missed a post about it in this thread :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm gonna go with the trick answer and say those jerks at Valve aren't going to add any new heroes to CM, and are actually remaking some heroes and skills, so heroes need to be taken out of CM. So the only way to get the full experience is to pretty that shit mode AP.

I think LC is going to be put into CM, TB too.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Win a game? Of course next game the only random in my stack calls Invoker mid, loses badly to Lina, never ganks, and seems only able to cast Ice Wall, EMP, Boulder and Sunstrike

Void, Drow, Weaver have no flash farm abilities. Doesn't make them bad picks. Wraith King has no flash farm.

Play to a hero's strengths.

Void flash farms heroes instead of creeps Kappa

Speaking of heroes we hate, any Weaver tips to make him more interesting? I get the general idea but playing him just feels like getting hit with 5 napalm stacks every 5 seconds and in fights you are either just right clicking or you get killed in some sort of mass disable disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom