• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
EahqwJu.png

Yeah...it was a hell of a game.

Erm he leveled his ult at 10? How often is this thing inaccurate?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know what always makes me smile, having an enemy naga spend the entire game farming, going that radiance into bots diffusal heart, never showing up to fights, and the one time they do they get instantly killed.

Also, I baited a team to blow all their disables on a super tanky doom when taking Rosh. Waited till just before they would blink in, dashed out of the pit, and our doom tanked axe, ravage, and what ever Invoker dished out. Then walk back around, get a 3 man Chrono, and bash invoker and Silencer to death. That game the enemy silencer somehow got global silence stolen at least twice.

I only did 4.6k hero damage l looking at dotabuff, so I also basically did nothing but farm for 40 minutes. I got super shut down though, got Midas at 9, but it took until 20 minutes to get treads and a morbid mask, and had to go casual vit into bkb

Anno

Thoughts from my first 10 games:

- I don't play as well on Dire. Maybe it's just more natural to go up and right than down and left? I assume that'll go away in time.

- I really hate Bloodseeker and see him in every single game

- Dual lanes seem to be the norm, which is cool. Sometimes it's actually hard to get someone to go mid. I had assumed everyone would be fighting over it

- It took me forever to realize you have to A-click to deny stuff

- Abaddon can dive the fuck out of some towers

- Naga is probably going to be my favorite hero

In these "normal" games does it still try to matchmake somehow? Or are these just assumed to all be people getting in their first 100 games or whatever before ranked opens up?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The match making is pretty good and kicks in full force at like the 3rd game, and gets pretty good after even like 10 or 15 games.

To be honest unranked likely has a better match making in the long run due to the larger player base, ranked has a number though.

jokkir

I feel bad. just did a non-ranked game and I fed with Clock pretty bad. The score ended up being around 0-15-8

Uh.... lol. Haven't played him in over 100 games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel bad. just did a non-ranked game and I fed with Clock pretty bad. The score ended up being around 0-15-8

Uh.... lol. Haven't played him in over 100 games.
Well
There is 108 heroes, always gonna be heroes you haven't played in 100 games.

Thoughts from my first 10 games:

- I don't play as well on Dire. Maybe it's just more natural to go up and right than down and left? I assume that'll go away in time.

- I really hate Bloodseeker and see him in every single game

- Dual lanes seem to be the norm, which is cool. Sometimes it's actually hard to get someone to go mid. I had assumed everyone would be fighting over it

- Abaddon can dive the fuck out of some towers

- Naga is probably going to be my favorite hero

In these "normal" games does it still try to matchmake somehow? Or are these just assumed to all be people getting in their first 100 games or whatever before ranked opens up?

I feel like this will go away pretty fast once you realize how Naga is traditionally played, I don't think anyone likes playing her that way.

I used to love me some support Naga though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I feel like this will go away pretty fast once you realize how Naga is traditionally played, I don't think anyone likes playing her that way.

Yeah for as much farm as she needs she doesn't offer that same satisfaction. I actually enjoy ricing with Spectre, but thats because the rush at the end of pressing R and getting a teamwipe is so worth it.

Anno

I've actually been playing just support early on, then farming up when lanes break down a bit and mostly split pushing later in the game, usually because at least one person abandons somewhere along the way. After early wards I've been going boots > Aquila > treads > Yasha. One game I ended a good streak late and was able to pick up a Radiance and BoTs and had a ton of fun with that.

Razzer

Yeah for as much farm as she needs she doesn't offer that same satisfaction. I actually enjoy ricing with Spectre, but thats because the rush at the end of pressing R and getting a teamwipe is so worth it.

I find splitpush way more fun to play tbh. Seeing my units, illusions or otherwise, gradually outmaneuver the other team is both fun and immensely satisfying. PL is probably the most fun simply because you get to see the other team desperately trying to find you, having to check every single illusion. With Naga it's very obvious which are illusions, with PL you can play all sorts of mind games.

Playing DOTA after long periods of Diablo play is very difficult to do.

Movement, camera control and buttons for spells (I know I could change the hotkeys) are so easy to get mixed up. I kept clicking and my character wasn't moving. It's possible I was holding down the mouse button and not even clicking...

I also totally didn't cast a spell in a teamfight since I was hitting 1-4. At least my first match in awhile was ability draft.

I find splitpush way more fun to play tbh. Seeing my units, illusions or otherwise, gradually outmaneuver the other team is both fun and immensely satisfying. PL is probably the most fun simply because you get to see the other team desperately trying to find you, having to check every single illusion. With Naga it's very obvious which are illusions, with PL you can play all sorts of mind games.

I don't dislike splitpush. I love Furion, I love Anti-Mage, I hate farming Naga. With Furion and AM I feel like I can contribute more in battles than a Naga can, all she's really supposed to do is attack buildings then press R when it gets hairy and tp out. No thanks.

I know it sounds like NP does the same, but you can really play any way you want with NP.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Is there anyone else who doesn't really like the TI4 music pack? When I first heard I thought it sounded cool but using it in game I don't really like. It's just too much sometimes. I generally prefer the simplicity of the original music, especially for stuff like drafting when you really don't need insanely intense music blaring.

-Snooze-

Banned
Took some time off, and it seems i've come back worse than ever before. I went from a modest 2200MMR down to 1600 in the course of a week.

My party MMR though is on the rise to around 2800

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there anyone else who doesn't really like the TI4 music pack? When I first heard I thought it sounded cool but using it in game I don't really like. It's just too much sometimes. I generally prefer the simplicity of the original music, especially for stuff like drafting when you really don't need insanely intense music blaring.
Same. I find a lot of the default stuff to be the best really.

Razzer

I don't dislike splitpush. I love Furion, I love Anti-Mage, I hate farming Naga. With Furion and AM I feel like I can contribute more in battles than a Naga can, all she's really supposed to do is attack buildings then press R when it gets hairy and tp out. No thanks.

I know it sounds like NP does the same, but you can really play any way you want with NP.

There can be far more to it than that if you want there to be. Even then, doing just that is hella fun to me. You thought you got me? Nope, trolololol.

Sentenza

I'm having a goddamn awful luck with D2 Lounge i nthe last 24 hours.
"I'm going to play safe for this one" and it's the fifth bet where I picked the super-favorite, which ended losing terribly.
The frustration is strong.

MYM just stomped Empire. Jesus, going with the track record of both teams I didn't even imagine they could play on the same level.

Sianos

I personally like using the right click deny command just for simplicity's sake. It makes last hitting and denying in lane feel more smooth and rhythmic. You still have to a-click to deny heroes, towers, and items, so no worries on accidentally denying those.

Put dota_force_right_click_attack "1" in your "autoexec.cfg" file to enable it.

everybody is good (they just have their roles and playstyles that may or may not be played at a certain time right now)

except chaos knight that hero is trash and needs some amazing buff or something

My official list of heroes it's impossible to win pubs with when they're on your team:

- CK
- KotL
- Sven
- Bristelback
- Chen
- Nature's Prophet
- Storm Spirit
- Shadow Demon
- Medusa
- Night Stalker
- Pudge

And a lot of others obviously. But according to Dotabuff+ I have atrocious winrates when any of these heroes is on my team and I noticed it too. Svens and CKs will be underfarmed in 9 out of 10 cases which is particularly puzzling in Sven's case as I find him hilariously ez to farm with. Don't recall the last game I was below 500 gpm with him, win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom