• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I play fair, I always have. Did it in EU4 and doing it here.

The is the price I pay for it.

It's what you get for playing civ at all. You guys started that game, I left for like 3 hours, come back and ask how it was going and nothing had happened. What a game.

That's the space civ right? Yeah absolutely. I wonder what the multiplayer will be like on that one considering in single player other civs arrive at different times.

if they design it like Alpha Centauri, you basically crash land on the planet with a mobile city and set up shop from there. The game could be very fast pace, depends on what your goal is. If you set all your tech to conquer you could just zerg other players as fast as turn 4

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's what you get for playing civ at all. You guys started that game, I left for like 3 hours, come back and ask how it was going and nothing had happened. What a game.

Have to appreciate the slow burn.

Compared to my EU4 MP games, Civ 5 is lightning fast.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I actually can't imagine ever finding the spare 8 hours to play a Civ multiplayer game.

Yeah I love civ but the problem is it takes too long and it's very difficult to get the same people to reload a game multiple times. Gotta try to finish a game in 1 or 2 nights at most, especially when we play with 6-7 people.

Next time we play going to put a 60s timer no matter the turn and maybe start a couple of ages ahead so we get to world congress faster and people don't lose interest too quickly even if they are stranded/behind/whatever.

I think adding a few AI's is also the way to go to keep the game interesting with outside forces, and also as an outlet for warmongering. Also reduces the chances of people getting stranded somewhere by themselves (tomat and tswift :).

Play, have fun, and experiment! fuck the haters.

Why does finger have a longer cooldown than Doom?

Might be because finger has a 40s CD at level 16 and a 20s CD with aghs?

manfestival

mfw Weaver Blink
bYUXYJ9.gif

That game was amazing

"Everything can work" - BigDaddy

Haly

You do it in sessions of 1 or 2 hours per week.

Of course, it helps if you have people really dedicated to Civ 5.

Armaros

Forget gal civ or civ 5.

Multiplayer HOI is where it's at

with sobbing and cowering in the corner at the learning curve

Haly

I'm going to get that new Hearts of Iron game whenever it comes out.

Paradox can have all of my moneys.

Ok we had 13 participants for the Gaftechieshiral:
Pillow Knight wins a Genuine Oculopus courier + trophy. received
- BigAT wins a Swine arsenal
- I excluded hylian and kioshen because they won a prize last tourney

Leaving 9 eligible for prizes. I did the randomization with the first 5 getting some RNG prizes. I'll try and trade offer you those prizes ASAP but it's buggy as fuck and I'll prolly just find you on steam and gift you them, i'm sleepy though and trying to finish up some work.

Gwluf51.png

1. :techies: emoticon
2. Techies loading screen/HUD
3. Nilbog courier
4. Genuine Frull courier
5. Genuine Mechjaw courier received

Thanks, Shiva! I will continue to spam that youtube video of Nilbog is goblins spelled backwards.

It's not so much an issue as it is a symptom of the times. I think VP played CK recently to great effect. You really need to abuse his ridiculous ganking potential when it's early in the game. Mana is a non issue with Wisp.

No, charging head first into DP and Brew isn't a great idea... But that's not CK's fault.

Also he comes online a lot sooner than 25 minutes!

This is true.

HOWEVER.

In those games I can't really say they couldn't have run some other carry and got the job done easier and faster.

Hero needs some changes. I don't think the hero works without Io or a tri. I find such a status to be entirely unacceptable. No hero's viability should be beholden to a specific support hero pick.

He needs work. I'm not sure what they change to make him more viable irrespective of which supports are picked without making him OP, but they need to figure something out.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm honestly expecting a huge rework on the drop system very soon.

We're almost out of sets.

I honestly wish they'd just make every item drop aside from immortals. Who cares if it's "too big" an item pool? I don't seen any issue with that at all. 90% of the fun of a drop system is the chance of dropping something cool like an Arcana or the Rotten Stache or something. I know the Arcanas are droppable at the moment by the way, just saying in general.

I feel like they're putting off any major change the game needs until the next big patch, delaying it further and further until they can give us all of it at once.

It's that or IceFrog just isn't done with 6.82.

manfestival

I was becoming concerned about this. My selection of random drop hats is alarmingly low to the point that I am seeing the same rares pop up quite often. I did find my first mythical was mr squiddles or whatever. Which makes me really happy cause I considered buying it at one point. They have stopped adding individual items and started going with just sets.

Calidor

I honestly wish they'd just make every item drop aside from immortals. Who cares if it's "too big" an item pool? I don't seen any issue with that at all. 90% of the fun of a drop system is the chance of dropping something cool like an Arcana or the Rotten Stache or something. I know the Arcanas are droppable at the moment by the way, just saying in general.

this

Besides special items, the market prices crashed and most items are now worthless.

also I don't get why valve did shorten the droplist so much, I end having duplicates every week

Chris R

Token drops please, so I can turn my common token into a common item I want.

Not that I get drops anyways :( Not a single one that I can remember since I got back from TI4.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think long term it would be pretty cool to have the limited drop system. Over the years players would acquire different items.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
No private beta updates for 11 hours - an unusual lull. Therefore I can conclude there's a possibility that it maybe might be not not happening

don't you fucking say that, don't you fucking tell me that randolf

it means 6.82 is finished and ready for launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom