• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i bought hearts of iron 3, loaded up a game, looked at the UI/menus, exited and never played it again

Paradox has gotten better with UIs, apparently, so HOI4 might be better on that front.

kvk1

Some CM/CD love for pubs out of 6.82 would be great.

Maybe some more tools around picking captain, non-captains suggesting picks, relaying desired lanes/positions, etc.

I hate All Pick, and it saddens me that Matterino said it would be played even more.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
don't you fucking say that, don't you fucking tell me that randolf

it means 6.82 is finished and ready for launch
No he is just waiting for reddit to come up with more brilliant ideas on how to balance the game. Icefrog is a regular to the new section.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
No private beta updates for 11 hours - an unusual lull. Therefore I can conclude there's a possibility that it maybe might be not not happening

Not really. This has been the pattern lately. Updates starting later in the day.

I think long term it would be pretty cool to have the limited drop system. Over the years players would acquire different items.

It doesn't really work that way though. Every practically droppable item is insanely common and dirt cheap on the market. All it leads to is a small and stale drop pool.

Haly

That's just how it is for 6k peeps.

The amount of players with MMR in the 6k range is so small that the game cannot find a "fair" match for them in that range, and have to pit them against 5k and sometimes sub 5k.

Kioshen

Expected a divine rapier build ... came out disappointed.
sick.gif

Nah it's a balanced guide I like it.

Wok

I am sure if players above 6k played heroes out of their comfort zone, the match making would result in a well balanced with 5k players.

Do not pick TA, do not pick Storm Spirit, do no pick Legion Commander.

Edit: Regarding Dendi, stop picking Shadow Fiend, Pudge, Tinker, Puck and Windranger. He has played these heroes 11 times out the 15 latest matches.

jqLTt6w.png
kkn5Wpu.png

I haven't won a game as Techies, beyond bot practice matches, but I haven't been the reason my team lost in the three matches I've played in that I didn't feed or do horribly (usually an even K/D ratio with a few successful suicides and a lot of assists, even had a god-like streak) and I've had a total blast each match regardless of the outcome. It's awesome planting a little patch of mines, forgetting about them and then suddenly getting a double kill. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised but people have been actively buying vision in most matches. Gems and sentries just make the placements a little more creative. I just need to learn how to push better with the hero, he can nuke down buildings so well.

Techies is love.

It started when this video was a hit on reddit, afaik.

Thanks for the video. None of the agi carries I've played with or against that have bought Armlet have toggled like a boss the way that Sniper did.

I am going to ESL ONE and was wondering if anyone able to find any good team jerseys? All I have been able to find is NAVI? Anyone able to find anything else?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You see this right here?

Don't tell me Pudge isn't a viable hero. Bad Pudges aren't viable. Good Pudges win you games!

who said pudge isn't viable?

i feel like this thread has reached a point where everyone just loves creating invisible enemies or digging up ancient history that really isn't relevant anymore (as dota is a completely different game with every patch): "REMEMBER WHEN I SAID X AND EVERYONE SAID Y, REMEMBER WHEN I PLAYED Z HERO, REMEMBER WHEN I BUILT, REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD EVEEERYYONNNEE THAT, REMEMBER!!!!!" guys really, no one is doubting you or trying to take away your amazing strats, builds, or Nostradamus moments, no one's out to get you; t's all going to be ok, i promise.

Haly

Remember when I said Doom was shit?

Good times.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Remember when I said Doom was shit?

Good times.

no no no haly that's not how this works, see i'm supposed to make a post like: "Hahahaha guys remember when I said doom was great, but haly and a bunch of other guys said doom was shit. Hahahahha good times, good times guys."

here's another example: remember when i told everyone that battlefury stacking on ember was far and away the best build when he first came out but yall insisted on your shitty deso builds, linked dotabuffs to justify, etc... LOOK AT ME NOW BITCHES. APPLAUD ME. REMEMBER MY GODDAMN NAME.

Haly

I'll make sure to bring up my comments about ES and Phoenix when they get reworked/put into CM.

inkls

no no no haly that's not how this works, see i'm supposed to make a post like: "Hahahaha guys remember when I said doom was great, but haly and a bunch of other guys said doom was shit. Hahahahha good times, good times guys."

here's another example: remember when i told everyone to battlefury stack on ember when he came out but yall insisted on your shitty deso build, linked dotabuffs to justify, etc... LOOK AT ME NOW BITCHES. APPLAUD ME.

speaking of ember. When do you know you shouldn't go bfury as ember? I've seen sing go skadi a couple of times, but I'm not sure whats the reasoning behind it apart from wanting to be more tanky and the 35% slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom